GODDARD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bob__71
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
karnaby wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
sunsaint wrote:So are people not giving Lyon enough credit.
Was NDS holding Goddard out of a centre line roaming assignment?
no
as per expected .
But the conclusion is obvious,
NDS out Goddard in. we win
Last week we played sydney who are 4th on the ladder in sydney & lost
The week before footscray, 3rd & lost
2 weeks before that brisbane, 7th in brisbane & lost
This week we played at home against the purple rabble who are deservedly 14th & we just scraped over the line and somehow that justifies your trite simplification above. You seem to have an agenda that allows you to overlook reality in order that you can make your own point.
you might think the point the point is trite but to be honest I dont give a rats. The selection panel, the coaching staff, and the playing group would beg to differ on whether the point is trite.
So to waste a bit more bandwidth...
Vs SS we lost: NDS had 17poss 2 cont 5 uncont by comparison CJ had 20 poss 5 cont 6 uncon O'Keefe smashed us out of the middle
Vs WB lost: NDS had 29poss 1 cont 9 uncon Giansiracusa smashed us out of the middle, CJ got 20 & 2 goals.
VS BL lost: NDS had 20poss 3 cont 18 uncon. Birss, Montagna, Harvey, Ball, & Hayes all above him, CJ equalled him.
And it was this game that I lost faith in him. I watched one of the most selfish out of bounds on the full shots on goal I have seen from a professional footballer.
If you're trying to make a point about the losses being to teams above us on the ladder, it is not valid, if we are to play finals we must win those games.
Your point that the win against freo is a hollow win is invalid if we dont beat the Roos next week.
What agenda? anyone who remembers any of my posts knows I go into bat for the StKilda players being hammered here every time. I admire players like Rix, Birss and CJ who give their everything when they run out on the ground. And you question my reality? Take off the star biased rose coloured glasses, the fact is NDS is not living up to the reputation he was drafted with. He has not improved his game, he IS struggling and the playing group, the coaching staff, and selection panel have had enough. That is the reality.

You fail to realise that we can have both NDS and BJ in the middle. Matter of fact we still dont have enough onballers so I dont see how Dal was stopping BJ play in the middle. Only the coaching panel were.
I guess the question is where is the best place to rest NDS....what roles can he play well when he is not in the middle? I guess his biggest limit is where do you put him in the parts of the game when we need to shutdown the opposition.

I would have liked him to play a tagging role in the VFL last weekend. But by the sounds of the reports this was not the case

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

If I ever see Dal Santo tag a player in AFL I will walk right out of the stadium, Dal's number one responsibilty is to find the ball and use it...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
bob__71
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:If I ever see Dal Santo tag a player in AFL I will walk right out of the stadium, Dal's number one responsibilty is to find the ball and use it...
But that does not mean that when the opposition have the ball he doesnt have to get on his man and stay on him.

karnaby
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:
karnaby wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
sunsaint wrote:So are people not giving Lyon enough credit.
Was NDS holding Goddard out of a centre line roaming assignment?
no
as per expected .
But the conclusion is obvious,
NDS out Goddard in. we win
Last week we played sydney who are 4th on the ladder in sydney & lost
The week before footscray, 3rd & lost
2 weeks before that brisbane, 7th in brisbane & lost
This week we played at home against the purple rabble who are deservedly 14th & we just scraped over the line and somehow that justifies your trite simplification above. You seem to have an agenda that allows you to overlook reality in order that you can make your own point.
you might think the point the point is trite but to be honest I dont give a rats. The selection panel, the coaching staff, and the playing group would beg to differ on whether the point is trite.
So to waste a bit more bandwidth...
Vs SS we lost: NDS had 17poss 2 cont 5 uncont by comparison CJ had 20 poss 5 cont 6 uncon O'Keefe smashed us out of the middle
Vs WB lost: NDS had 29poss 1 cont 9 uncon Giansiracusa smashed us out of the middle, CJ got 20 & 2 goals.
VS BL lost: NDS had 20poss 3 cont 18 uncon. Birss, Montagna, Harvey, Ball, & Hayes all above him, CJ equalled him.
And it was this game that I lost faith in him. I watched one of the most selfish out of bounds on the full shots on goal I have seen from a professional footballer.
If you're trying to make a point about the losses being to teams above us on the ladder, it is not valid, if we are to play finals we must win those games.
Your point that the win against freo is a hollow win is invalid if we dont beat the Roos next week.
What agenda? anyone who remembers any of my posts knows I go into bat for the StKilda players being hammered here every time. I admire players like Rix, Birss and CJ who give their everything when they run out on the ground. And you question my reality? Take off the star biased rose coloured glasses, the fact is NDS is not living up to the reputation he was drafted with. He has not improved his game, he IS struggling and the playing group, the coaching staff, and selection panel have had enough. That is the reality.
I still stand by my original point - you over simplified it.

I have no problem at all in acknowledging that Dal needs to lift his game and basically I am happy to see him dropped to the vfl until he shows that he can defend adequately. Also I'm happy to see BJ play more of an on-ball role & I'm definitely happy to see kids play. However for all of the above, whether or not Dal played a bit better & BJ played in the guts we would almost certainly have still been pumped by each of sydney, brisbane & footscray.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful