Pick your worst ever saints team!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

avid
Club Player

OOPs -- sorry that post turned out so long!
Couldn't get the original format happening. Can't think how to shorten it now.
Anyway, I hope it bringsback a few memories, and moments of pride.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Why would so many people include Enrico Misso in this team :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol:

spert
Saintsational Legend

Just shows that this club has under-achieved for years and appears to be doing the same this year.

super dooper
Club Player

degruch wrote:Dwyer, Faletic, Fode, J. Daniels, Plapp, Sziller...there's some bloddy good players on here...this threads gone to rubbish. Nick Riewoldt will be on here before too long!!!
C'mon be honest, these guys were ordinary players at best. There is a reason why teams dont suceed when these people are getting regular games. How were the considered good players? A couple okay games here and there in my books doesnt make them a good player. Most of the time these players were liabilities!!

I can only speak for the likes of Daniels, Plapp, Sziller who i only saw play, all had a crack, battlers, but end of the day simply doesnt cut it in the big time. Like i said earlier, still done more than me or anyone else on this forum... But this is the AFL and everyone is scrutinised for their ABILITY TO PLAY AT AN AFL LEVEL!!!

From memory Sziller went to East Burwood after his stint in AFL and absoluty dominated for a few more years.

The likes of Moyle, Murray, P.Bowden, N.Ries and Cranage are doing the same now earning good money on the side playing for a Balwyn team more worried about their pockets than winning games!! Go have a look at these players at a local level, this is where they belong to play!!! They dominate it, feel better about themselves in regards to abuse they are likely to cop if they played AFL and are far less scrutinised.

At the end of the day they can still say they have played at the highest level and u can never take that away from them, who go the best out of themselves.

Every club has these types of players and this thread imo is for a bit of light hearted fun to get our minds off the crap that is being dished up to us at the moment. If you dont like the idea of labelling players as duds at an AFL level, then dont open the thread, pretty simple.

Hopefully we dont end up seeing any of our current players making the dreaded squad in years to come and hope that those days are long gone!

The Oracale
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:People, there has to be a place for Fergus Watts, only got selected because of his father.
Why can't St.Kilda people produce decent offspring?
Wasn't given much of an opportunity (1 game), he's ripping it up in the amateur league, seems like he's kicked 8 goals every game so far this year. His brother is highly rated for this years draft, top 5 quality.
They are of no relation. 8-) [/b]

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

The Oracale wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:People, there has to be a place for Fergus Watts, only got selected because of his father.Why can't St.Kilda people produce decent offspring?
If you guys can hold down Raph Clarke I'll perform the castration.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

super dooper wrote:
degruch wrote:Dwyer, Faletic, Fode, J. Daniels, Plapp, Sziller...there's some bloddy good players on here...this threads gone to rubbish. Nick Riewoldt will be on here before too long!!!
C'mon be honest, these guys were ordinary players at best...

Every club has these types of players and this thread imo is for a bit of light hearted fun to get our minds off the crap that is being dished up to us at the moment. If you dont like the idea of labelling players as duds at an AFL level, then dont open the thread, pretty simple.
Oh yes, but these guys held down a place in the team week after week, and did a reasonable job...they're not the 'duds' you speak of. Frost...yeah, he was a dud. Guys like that made a handful of appearances whilst guys like Davenport got a show week after week and, at least 50% of the time, did what was asked of 'em.

I'm not infuriated that anyone would suggest 'em, but to be really honest, other than being 'ordinary', there wasn't much wrong with 'em, they could all mark, kick, tackle, hold down and sometimes win a position. Plenty of genuine duds out there though.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

bassoon wrote:Here's a few others.

Alan Sidebottom. Though his brother was tough and fearless, I think Alan would be scared of Fiora.

Mark Scott - one of the great goalkickers of the reserves comp, but couldn't get near the ball in the seniors.

Aldo Dipetta

And certainly not a fan of Phil Cronan.
I was very close to putting in Mark Scott for the same reason and also Alan Sidebottom but i must say I liked Phil Cronan I thought he and Peter McConville were 2 of our most reliable defenders back then.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This post is a crack up, just what's needed!

What about some from our current list?

I'll nominate Howard - yes he's young and only played one game, but that may be all he gets and it was a shocker!

(a tad unfair I know!)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

What about Fatue Atarta and Enrico Misso(not sure of spelling)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Ah...it's a silly name comp. What about Mordachai Bromberg? Probably not so silly if you're Jewish, eh?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Ah...it's a silly name comp. What about Mordachai Bromberg? Probably not so silly if you're Jewish, eh?
I thought modi was ok, i had his no 15 on my jumper, or was i just desperate

degruch
Saintsational Legend

STILLWAITING wrote:
degruch wrote:Ah...it's a silly name comp. What about Mordachai Bromberg? Probably not so silly if you're Jewish, eh?
I thought modi was ok, i had his no 15 on my jumper, or was i just desperate
Meh, he probably was...I just thought his name looked good in the context of this thread.

Shaggy
Club Player

I can't believe Dwyer and Jack Daniels are mentioned :shock:

Faults yes ... duds definitely not. They were both very good footballers in their prime.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:I can't believe Dwyer and Jack Daniels are mentioned :shock:

Faults yes ... duds definitely not. They were both very good footballers in their prime.
I know...I said that too. Much rather have Dwyer in his prime out there right now than Fiora or Raph...or maybe even Dwyer right now, anyone got his phone number?

hAyES
Club Player

This years. We keep getting blown out every week, and CARLTON is above us on the ladder.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

hAyES wrote:This years. We keep getting blown out every week, and CARLTON is above us on the ladder.
No they're not.

XBOX
Club Player

I remember Frost kicking backwards against Hawthorn at Waverly i think we traded pick8 for him from memory. playing for the bulldogs the prevoius year he got 32 poss agasint us. Probabley why we picked him up.

Shaggy
Club Player

bassoon wrote:Don't know about the worst, but the unluckiest must be Pat Murphy. Only played one game in his career (in 1966).

Evidently he lost a contact lens before the game, and played effectively blind.
Thats so bad. I feel sorry for the guy (he could have played in a premiership).

Oppositely one of my brother's friends played one game for the Saint's seniors (not mentioned so far) but turned up late :shock: That was his one and only chance :D .

He is a doctor now but I would never go to him (nice bloke regardless) :D

luckysaint
Club Player

whoever said stevie szillar needs their head read, he was a decent player

bergsone
SS Life Member

Dean herbert get a run in this side ?

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

luckysaint wrote:whoever said stevie szillar needs their head read, he was a decent player
Definately agree. Mick Dwyer and Jayson Daniels were bloody good too. Daniels disposal wasn't the best but was a ball magnet.

I just want to add an inclusion MAX CROW. 65 meters out big torp post high straight through the middle almost every time , 20 meters out directly in front drop punt out on the full ALMOST EVERY TIME.

Silvio_Foschini
Club Player

Aldo De Petta was pretty crap...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:

Alan Sidebottom. Though his brother was tough and fearless, I think Alan would be scared of Fiora.

Mark Scott - one of the great goalkickers of the reserves comp, but couldn't get near the ball in the seniors.

Aldo Dipetta

I was very close to putting in Mark Scott for the same reason and also Alan Sidebottom but i must say I liked Phil Cronan I thought he and Peter McConville were 2 of our most reliable defenders back then.
i cant remember Phil playing but i have met him a few time in his help with the western saints and he's a top bloke

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:

Aldo Dipetta

i cant remember Phil playing but i have met him a few time in his help with the western saints and he's a top bloke
He was not exactly a "hard at it" player so he was nick named "Cronan the Barabarian" by the nastier fans in the Animal Enclosure.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."