Don't get sucked in by old Mike Sheahan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
The Peanut wrote:
Eastern wrote:
yipper wrote:I'm just curious as to why we are the one team everybody must write an article about every week!!?? I mean there are 16 team in AFL comp, 10 in Melbourne - one of the most famous clubs in the country is underperforming a tad (all due respects Johnpeterbudge) - why not a scathing piece on them? One whole page in the Herald Sun today on all things Saints?? WTF???
I think you'll find that the Herald Sun would have done their market research and found that;

St KILDA SELLS NEWSPAPERS !!
ye - I have read umpteen complaints on here about no St Kilda news in the papers and the Filth get all the articles etc etc but this is the first time I have read someone complaining about too many Saints articles. :wink:

I am affraid you have to take the good with the bad - the media distorts the facts all the time - but so do the fans. :D
Don't have any issue with St.Kilda getting some regular media - just that it seems to me that, particularly over the last 2 weeks or so, there are no other Melbourne clubs under the pump?? We have had Voss, Caro, Rohan Connolly, Jon Ralph and now Sheahan all putting in their 2 bob's worth on St.Kilda - who last time I checked were sitting 5th with 4 wins and 3 losses and still not showing their best form!! It would seem that Pies, Bombers, Kangas, Dees and Tiges are all under the pump a tad as well. How about spreading the doom and gloom to other more worthy recipients!!??

Yipper Yipper Yipper !!

How dare you even think that those 3rd tier journos have the courage to have a go at Collingwood or Essendon :evil: :twisted:

Now go and scrub your mouth (keyboard) out with soap :roll: :wink: !!

sainteronline

plugger66 wrote: Last year Kosi and Rooy both played 19 I think. One won it the other didnt finish in the top 10. Disappointing even allowing for all of his injuries. This year the same. Would struggle to be in the top 10 again. Time to stand up and this article should only help.
and the yr before he played 7

yr before 13

do you know how much this game changed in 12 mths

let alone 3 yrs

slightly faster

plus getting over the pyschological crap that goes with it

Banger2Plugger
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Banger2Plugger wrote:I truly think we are all missing the point here......

How the hell do you keep kangaroos in the top paddock - they just bound over the fence??????
Maybe he should have used one of the following alternate colloquialisms which essentially mean the same:-

a sandwich short of a picnic
the lights are on but nobody's home
nye do yobane (for any russian speakers on here)
I will claim I deliberately mixed my colloquiallisms....

Although that may open up Pandora's Floodgate of Worms....
Ewww so Pandora had worms.......shiverssss

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
MikeSheahan wrote:Not sure why people don't like the top 10 B&F history stat. Why skirt around it? One 9th finish only so far is a fact, not an opinion.

he hasn't managed to develop and stay on the park enough to become that top 3 player... but it's harder to criticise a guy for that.
I'm not sure how the Saints vote for our B&F but I believe at some clubs, every player is given a rating for every game and you only need to miss a couple of games to virtually have no chanvce of winning/coming close.
Last year Kosi and Rooy both played 19 I think. One won it the other didnt finish in the top 10. Disappointing even allowing for all of his injuries. This year the same. Would struggle to be in the top 10 again. Time to stand up and this article should only help.
Can we paraphrase this part of the thread by admitting we wish Kosi was as good as Nick Reiwoldt?

I'd settle for some of what I've seen from Kosi at times, and I'd be content, I can live with the fact he isn't Roo. Glass half full says maybe Kosi develops some form as the go-to guys and maybe we see what this combo can really be. Glass half empty says there's no replacing Reiwoldt, and while we naturally look to Kosi, we're setting him up to fail.

Should Kosi manage to fill the void while Reiwoldt is out he'll deserve massive props... given that forward delivery has been our achilles for 18 months, it still might not be enough to win us games though, so it's probably not Kosi we should be focused on.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Kosi's issue is clearly above the shoulders.

Stop thinking so much Kosi. Go out and play footy.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Ice Wolf wrote:I think Kosi is really going to step up, he always plays better when Reiwoldt isn't there to lead into him or be the focal point.
I think theyre all going to step up . I still believe we are closer than a lot of people think .We are only some poor skill errors by foot and lack of accuracy ( which then colapses our whole game and confidence ) away from continuing to play on like we have in the first quarters which i think has been good .