Guys, let's be honest: Is Ross right for our team?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote: How refreshing it is to have someone on here with a FAIR DINKUM clue.

The game has also changed in the last 5 years, where pace is now a pre-requisite for success, you could get away with not having a lot of leg speed, NOW, fact is you can't and the recruiting over 5 years was woeful.

Slow player after slow player was recruited and in the modern game where pace is pivotal, RL inherited one of the slowest paced teams in the AFL, with a pedestrian midfield as a result of the brontosaurus that ran our previous football department like a chook raffle.

Ross Lyon has done a wonderful job in starting this rebuild, but it will take time before these fruits ripen and no I'm not suggesting we all just sit around and twiddle our thumbs, waiting for this to happen.

Obviously you find a way, to go all the way, RIGHT NOW.
You've almost convinced me that what we need to do is rehire Thomas.

Fair Dinkum...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
NeXuss
Club Player

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
barks4eva wrote: How refreshing it is to have someone on here with a FAIR DINKUM clue.

The game has also changed in the last 5 years, where pace is now a pre-requisite for success, you could get away with not having a lot of leg speed, NOW, fact is you can't and the recruiting over 5 years was woeful.

Slow player after slow player was recruited and in the modern game where pace is pivotal, RL inherited one of the slowest paced teams in the AFL, with a pedestrian midfield as a result of the brontosaurus that ran our previous football department like a chook raffle.

Ross Lyon has done a wonderful job in starting this rebuild, but it will take time before these fruits ripen and no I'm not suggesting we all just sit around and twiddle our thumbs, waiting for this to happen.

Obviously you find a way, to go all the way, RIGHT NOW.
You've almost convinced me that what we need to do is rehire Thomas.

Fair Dinkum...
We should.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Christ on a crutch! Aren't you banned NeXuss?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Christ on a crutch! Aren't you banned NeXuss?
Give it a day or so and he will be banned once again.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
hAyES
Club Player

NeXuss wrote:I don't think Ross is right for our team....my reasons are:-

When he took over last year he should have assesed the team and then implemented a gameplan the best suited us. Instead, he implemented this crap gameplan that Sydney used. Yes, it won Sydney a premiership but the game has changed and that gameplan suited Sydney because they had the right type of players for that specific gameplan.

St.kilda were one of the highest scoring teams in the AFL. The Sydney gameplan did not suit us. He should have persisted with the existing gameplan and tweaked it here and there. Instead he turned it on its head, and the results are there for everyone to see.

From one of the highest scoring teams to the equal lowest in the space of 12 months. I know I'm not allowed to mention the name of our previous coach, however, Butthead should not have been allowed to sack him. He did it for personal reasons and now in my opinion we are all suffering because of it.
Nice post. In 2006 football did look like it was going the Sydney way, so I can see why Butterss chose Ross. I don't think he could've seen what Geelong were going to do to the competition. Horrible timing to pick a new coach.

NeXuss
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
St DAC wrote:Christ on a crutch! Aren't you banned NeXuss?
Give it a day or so and he will be banned once again.
I'm not going to be sucked in by you again joffaboy. I will express my opinion and that's it.

NeXuss
Club Player

hAyES wrote:
NeXuss wrote:I don't think Ross is right for our team....my reasons are:-

When he took over last year he should have assesed the team and then implemented a gameplan the best suited us. Instead, he implemented this crap gameplan that Sydney used. Yes, it won Sydney a premiership but the game has changed and that gameplan suited Sydney because they had the right type of players for that specific gameplan.

St.kilda were one of the highest scoring teams in the AFL. The Sydney gameplan did not suit us. He should have persisted with the existing gameplan and tweaked it here and there. Instead he turned it on its head, and the results are there for everyone to see.

From one of the highest scoring teams to the equal lowest in the space of 12 months. I know I'm not allowed to mention the name of our previous coach, however, Butthead should not have been allowed to sack him. He did it for personal reasons and now in my opinion we are all suffering because of it.
Nice post. In 2006 football did look like it was going the Sydney way, so I can see why Butterss chose Ross. I don't think he could've seen what Geelong were going to do to the competition. Horrible timing to pick a new coach.
Thanks hAyES.