Reiwoldt Captain

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Raven
Club Player

Very happy with this decision. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Lenny, but to me it just seems obvious that Riewoldt is our true leader. I'm sure he'll do great things and perhaps the role will inspire him to drive himself even further than the 110% he already gives.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote: Now is the time for one caption.
I've got one!

"GO SAINTS!!!!" :wink:
Last edited by BakesFan on Wed 12 Mar 2008 5:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

How many times do u reckon we'll hear Brucey say "This is a captains goal, Carey would kick it"

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
mischa
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
mischa wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Yes, and I juust reread all the posts.

I poster suggsested Roo needed to show more aggression.
Another poster suggested Roo needed more grunt.

NEITHER POSTER WAS BEING DEROGATORY towards Roo
Disagree. Very derogatory.
Of course they were. That's the way you wanted to read them, because they enabled you to make a post about how unfair the posters were in being annoyed with Dermie and GT.

Try reading those posts without that preconcieved notion and you may get a totally different impression.
Lie. It's clear that you can say anything you like about Roo-question his loyalty, ability, commitment (and its not just this thread) etc and those same ppl will defend Harves to the death (like you). Hypocrisy. What's bad for one player is clearly "anything goes" Ok for another :wink:

PS What's this Thommometer rubbish? Obsessed much? You wanna get your post count right down! :roll:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mischa wrote:

Of course they were. That's the way you wanted to read them, because they enabled you to make a post about how unfair the posters were in being annoyed with Dermie and GT.

Try reading those posts without that preconcieved notion and you may get a totally different impression.
Lie. It's clear that you can say anything you like about Roo-question his loyalty, ability, commitment (and its not just this thread) etc and those same ppl will defend Harves to the death (like you). Hypocrisy. What's bad for one player is clearly "anything goes" Ok for another :wink:

PS What's this Thommometer rubbish? Obsessed much? You wanna get your post count right down! :roll:
Mischa, are you going to defend every criticisms of anything St Kilda with the 'why did you jump into GT's back when he did' card.

Thats not a path I think you want to follow.

In fact, you single handedly turned a non-GT thread into a discussion on GT with one single post.....Funny, didn't see much of you defending your great man within the threads that it was warranted in.

I would like to hear an opinion from yourself on something that is totally not GT related.....Which I fear may not ever happen, as you only seem to pop up and only feel the need to post about GT and when he is being discussed (and even when he isn't, like in the case above)
Last edited by Spinner on Wed 12 Mar 2008 5:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

aussiejones
Club Player

Good choice ..... he has virtually assumed the Captains position since the B&F ....so in the end it was confirmed.

Any of the group would be great, BUT will it just add pressure to roo ?
Ie he is kicking for goal and the pressure is on , now wanting to kick a captains goal , then there is extra pressure on him ........ The result ???

Another choice may have actually meant that they stepped up ie as Kosi seems to have done when he was captain !

Thoughts ??????/

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mischa wrote:

Oh Mischa, Mischa Mischa.
What on earth are you talking about? Who in their right mind questioned Roo's loyalty, ability, commitment' or anyhting else in this thread or others?
The Thommometer was a bit of fun, just like the GT vs RL thread from RodgerFox. Even Barks4ever saw it for what it was. But not Mischa, GT's personal spokesperson on Saintsational If you note there is also a Lyonometer thread, but you don't object to that one do you?

FFS (to use terminology I have learned from here), not everything GT did/does is 100% perfect or 100% wrong. WHen he deserves praise he shoul get it. BUT when he does something wrong he should cop his fair whack as well.
The same can be said for averyone connected with our Club.

Blind, slavish, obsessive following of GT is just making some of your posts sound ridiculous.

BTW, what on earth does the last question of your post mean?

And finally, if you want to call me a liar you better be prepared to show me facts on where you say I lied.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
Spinner wrote:Check Mate.
:roll: You should ask RL why Lenny isn't the captain!
I'm pretty sure everyone know why Reiwoldt is Captain.

He is;

-our best player
-our most passionate player
-our biggest and best media performer
-a terrific leader on field
-courageous
-talented
-responsible

.....I would say Lenny got piped on the PR stuff.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep on the 'thats one that carey would have kicked' BULLSHYTE.

have a look at the actual stats and carey's goal kicking wasn't that flash.

carey:
89-2004 727 goals, 457 points , 61% accuracy,

Reiwoldt: 255 goals 166 points, from 134 games, 60.5 % accuracy

Loewe: 594 goals, 385 behinds 60.6% accuracy

Tony Lockett 1360 goals, 527 behinds 72% accuracy

I think the hype about carey is just that, hype.

an outstanding player, he was, but compared to tony locket, he pales into insignificance.

plugger was a better mark, more powerful player and better kick on goal than carey.

carey spent much of his career side by side with longmire, close to goal, or one out in teh 50, rieowldt and loewe have played predominantly up the ground and the two seasons loewe played at FF, he tore the game he kicked 170 odd goals from teh square, with the latter part of his career as a CHF/Ruckman, like benny gale.

IMO stats don't ever tell the whole story, but the carey as the best kick on goal....well not much to that story, move along...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
mischa
Club Player

Spinner wrote:In fact, you single handedly turned a non-GT thread into a discussion on GT with one single post.....Funny, didn't see much of you defending your great man within the threads that it was warranted in.

I would like to hear an opinion from yourself on something that is totally not GT related.....Which I fear may not ever happen, as you only seem to pop up and only feel the need to post about GT and when he is being discussed (and even when he isn't, like in the case above)
:roll: :roll: Nothing to do with GT WHY DID YOU HEAP CRAP ON ROO AND DEFEND HARVES I'm assuming it makes it easier for you to answer-but I won't hold my breath :roll: :roll:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:yep on the 'thats one that carey would have kicked' BULLSHYTE.

have a look at the actual stats and carey's goal kicking wasn't that flash.

carey:
89-2004 727 goals, 457 points , 61% accuracy,

Reiwoldt: 255 goals 166 points, from 134 games, 60.5 % accuracy

Loewe: 594 goals, 385 behinds 60.6% accuracy

Tony Lockett 1360 goals, 527 behinds 72% accuracy

I think the hype about carey is just that, hype.

an outstanding player, he was, but compared to tony locket, he pales into insignificance.

plugger was a better mark, more powerful player and better kick on goal than carey.

carey spent much of his career side by side with longmire, close to goal, or one out in teh 50, rieowldt and loewe have played predominantly up the ground and the two seasons loewe played at FF, he tore the game he kicked 170 odd goals from teh square, with the latter part of his career as a CHF/Ruckman, like benny gale.

IMO stats don't ever tell the whole story, but the carey as the best kick on goal....well not much to that story, move along...
Carey won games off his own boot though Dan.....Especially when in the heat and pressure of close games.

...Something Reiwoldt is yet to do (except for the Melbourne game in which he kicked 9, only forward target for the day)

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I think people are also forgetting we have to do what we can to try and retain roo post 2010. Cptaincy can only make it harder to leave. Remember, Armitage AND Gilbert are also from QLD. So we have the very real possibility of being raped and pillaged at that time. Frankly, Im surprised I dont see more discussion on it, for me its a extreme concern.

Hell, there may be even more players from QLD Im not aware of. A worry.

mischa
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
mischa wrote:
Spinner wrote:Check Mate.
:roll: You should ask RL why Lenny isn't the captain!
I'm pretty sure everyone know why Reiwoldt is Captain.

He is;

-our best player
-our most passionate player
-our biggest and best media performer
-a terrific leader on field
-courageous
-talented
-responsible

.....I would say Lenny got piped on the PR stuff.
Generous-not. Nice change of tune there :x

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:I think people are also forgetting we have to do what we can to try and retain roo post 2010. Cptaincy can only make it harder to leave. Remember, Armitage AND Gilbert are also from QLD. So we have the very real possibility of being raped and pillaged at that time. Frankly, Im surprised I dont see more discussion on it, for me its a extreme concern.

Hell, there may be even more players from QLD Im not aware of. A worry.
My guess is that when the Gold Coast team does start up, the AFL will have strict guidelines as to how many players from any 1 Club can go. DIdn't they do something similar with teh Brisbane Bears, WCE, PA and Freo?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
Spinner wrote:In fact, you single handedly turned a non-GT thread into a discussion on GT with one single post.....Funny, didn't see much of you defending your great man within the threads that it was warranted in.

:roll: :roll: Nothing to do with GT WHY DID YOU HEAP CRAP ON ROO AND DEFEND HARVES I'm assuming it makes it easier for you to answer-but I won't hold my breath :roll: :roll:
Because my opinion on Reiwoldt is that he lacks player aggression. (and if you actually notice, I wrote on page two that he was probably the best choice for captain)

AND (here it is) my opinion on Harvey is that he is a very much valued member of the team. He is in no way declining, and for some honchos to sit up in a box and declare his remaining season as sad is an insult to the great man.

I will debate my difference in opinion.

....And the only reason why you care, or even entered this discussion is because you felt the backlash on GT's comment were unfair. He received backlash from his comments because people mostly disagreed with his comments. Also, they found it quite insulting for a bloke that coached him for 5 years to say such a thing. They may be proven right, but still its an insulting thing to say abuot a man and his career when he has achieved so much.

The real question should be....

Why aren't you defending Harvey....Is it because of one of the people involved or do you truly believe his career is coming to a sad sad end?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Actually...To be fair, the bloke has won three out of the last 4 best and fairest's at the club.....

Very hard to argue....Especially with my-self.

This could be the start of many great great things....

IE 5 premierships in a row!!!! :lol: :lol:
Change of tune?

There it is mischa....This was posted on page 2 before you even entered the discussion.

I acknowledged that it was probably the best choice before you even made your first post in this thread.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:

Mischa,
Please go back and read Spinner's post. IMO he did not HEAP CRAP ON ROO as you are alleging. All he intimated was that Roo lacked aggression at opposition players - he is scrupulously fair and only has eyes for the footy. In no reasonable way can this be interpreted as an 'attack' on Roo in any way.

Many, many champions past and present have played in a similar way - eyes only for the ball.

You have obviusly misread what was posted or you are so blinkered in looking for reasons to defend GT that you are 'jumping at shadows' that do not exist.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations Roo.

Great feeling and honour to be appointed one-out captain/leader of any team you've worked hard for in any aspect of life.

Very comfortable with the appointment, as I would have been had it been Roo, Lenny or Kosi. Roo has an A-list leadership group to support him through a successful 2008.

Go Saints.

mischa
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Because my opinion on Reiwoldt is that he lacks player aggression.
That is an insult. Basically you're saying he's soft.
Spinner wrote:Why aren't you defending Harvey....Is it because of one of the people involved or do you truly believe his career is coming to a sad sad end?
Defend him over what? Harves is a great player, a legend! It's a pity you don't feel the same about Roo :evil: :roll:
Last edited by mischa on Wed 12 Mar 2008 5:54pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i've only read the last few posts, but heres what i reckon

Roo best choice, tho i feel sorry for Lenny, as i think he would do an awesome job

some saying Roo isn't tough enough at the man or something..? i don't understand how this effects anything

he IS right at the top of the tree for courage, has he ever ducked his head? has he ever shirked a contest? has he ever not gone crashing into a pack?

belting a bloke doesn't make you a good leader (or tough), doing the above does

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i think he's a good choice. he's the public face of the club and one of the best players we can put out there. the club will be thinking marketing and so on as well.

i heard his speech at the b&f clinched it.

bad luck for lenny, but since there can only be one ...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
Spinner wrote:Because my opinion on Reiwoldt is that he lacks player aggression.
That is an insult. Basically you're saying he's soft :evil:
Spinner wrote:Why aren't you defending Harvey....Is it because of one of the people involved or do you truly believe his career is coming to a sad sad end?
Defend him over what? Harves is a great player, a legend! It's a pity you don't feel the same about Roo :evil: :roll:
Reiwoldt plays the game so fairly that he doesn't react to players harassing him.

He forcibly lacks player aggression.

Its a clear observation in how he plays the game. Its not an insult, and i'm not saying he needs to change.

It's just an honest observation on how he plays the game.

How can you honestly say he possesses aggression towards opposition players?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
That is an insult.
Lets face it mischa, your only supposedly defending Reiwoldt in this instance because you felt that the negative comments regarding GT's opinion on Harvey weren't warranted.

Otherwise you would have no involvement in this thread.

You obviously have an opposing agenda, in which I don't want to be a part of.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
That is an insult. Basically you're saying he's soft :evil:
Far be it for me to defend Spinner but now you are 'putting words into his mouth'.
Just because you erroneously feel that 'not being aggressive towards your opponent' is the same as being 'soft' doesn't make it true. I and I'm sure most people who read his post never came to the conclusion you have. How do I know that - Simple, if I or others had felt he was making the 'soft' accusation against Roo I/we would have told him it was stupid.

Think about it Mischa, the only person who seems to have come to that conclusion is you. That says more about you and your thinking than the rest of the posters on this thread.

Not being aggresive at your opponents does not make you a 'soft' player.

Was Baldock (arguably our greatest player) 'soft?
Was Barker 'soft'?
Is Harvey 'soft'?

Just think about Roo's greatest mark - the one in 2004 against the Swans. If he wasn't the typoe of player he was he would have done to the Swans defender what Plugger did to Caven and what Cowboy and others did regularly. Are you equating Roo's not 'taking out' the Swans player with him being 'soft'?

To paraphrase other posters
FAIR DINKUM!!!!

mischa
Club Player

Spinner wrote:[Lets face it mischa, your only supposedly defending Reiwoldt in this instance because you felt that the negative comments regarding GT's opinion on Harvey weren't warranted.

You obviously have an opposing agenda, in which I don't want to be a part of.
:roll: :roll: No I've always defended Roo-on this and any other thread. God knows he needs it on this site. BTW that agenda line is priceless-coming from you :twisted: