St.Kilda in St.Kilda, board challenge, need 100 signatures

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: Jesus, so he wants 100 signatures to challenge the board...
I've been called many names before, but this one I like :wink:

St.Kilda in St.Kilda is the light, the truth and the way

thou shalt not move to frankston

c'mon pilgrims, 96 more sigs is all we need

two more silent apostles have joined me on the crusade

momentum for change is building
Try tap-dancing on Port Phillip bay if you are that good. :roll:

Yeah lets move to St Kilda without the support of the St Kilda Council...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:I'm with you on this one Barks.. Knowing the St.Kilda area quite well, the peanut farm behind Luna Park is our best bet I recon. The Sacred Heart Saints give it a fair run during winter, but they would be willing to step aside for the big boys...

In all seriousness, I'm not sold on the Frankston idea. Not sure how much the players would like it, and it makes it difficult for us city saints supporters... It is a bit of a gamble..
:wink:

93 sigs and counting

many ovals near the Junction also that could be developed with a bit of forsight and initiative

St.Kilda in St.Kilda

Vote 1 SFA ( St.Kilda First Always )

We the members get told NOTHING, nada, zero, diddly squat and dare I say SFA

Show me the proposals

Who put what on the table in relation to St.Kilda in St.Kilda?

What exactly was investigated?

What was not even proposed due to a lack of vision and initiative?

Why were the members not even consulted?

At least Butterss was trying to relocate the club close to St.Kilda

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

I'm in b4e.

St Kilda is a lot closer to me than Moorabbin.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

You have my signature...

...This moving from Moorabbin is moronic.

And to those saying we will gain more members by moving to Franston, Get off yourselves.

This is a negative day that will haunt the club long into the future.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Show me the proposals

Who put what on the table in relation to St.Kilda in St.Kilda?

What exactly was investigated?

What was not even proposed due to a lack of vision and initiative?

Why were the members not even consulted?

At least Butterss was trying to relocate the club close to St.Kilda

This comes from a poster that DEMANDED to know why Teflon was banned...

Here's a clue...

The world does not revolve around you

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:You have my signature...

...This moving from Moorabbin is moronic.

And to those saying we will gain more members by moving to Franston, Get off yourselves.

This is a negative day that will haunt the club long into the future.
This is far better financially than any other option in the short term however we would not have access to the potential future members that we would have in Casey, we needed to get away from Moorabbin IMO, the place is a hole and we just didn't have the support of the community...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
firthy
Club Player

On ya tool4eva -- but no thanks -- that's from everybody in WA -- except BC and JW

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

firthy wrote:On ya tool4eva -- but no thanks -- that's from everybody in WA -- except BC and JW
now now...

no name calling...

besides tools are useful

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Barks..Ill take you seriouisly, even though I highly suspect you are shyte stirirng to a massive degree 8-)

Answer me this..WHY do the members need to be consulted on this. Are they qualified to comment or make a decision? I know Id be guessing.

THis is a move of our TRAINING and ADMIN base...now..how many members are involved in or attend training or Club admin?? About 1% I reckon. Companies move headquarters all the time..the one I work for is scoping out new premises as we speak..and I'm bloody sure that when they find somewhere there wont be a show of hands to see if me and my fellow workers or our customers are cool with it...and thats the place I go to work every day!!!

My mechanic moved shop the other week..and he sure didnt check with me first to make sure I was happy with the new location!

Too many people are equating this with our move from the Junction to Moorabbin, or Moorabbin to Waverley. Its not..welcome to 2007..we play our games at Docklands, have done since 2000 and will do so for a long time to come I reckon. THAT level of move id like to be consulted on..not where the players swim and run laps or the Board has meetings.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

firthy wrote:On ya tool4eva -- but no thanks -- that's from everybody in WA -- except BC and JW
what does it matter to you WA paople?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Barks..Ill take you seriouisly, even though I highly suspect you are shyte stirirng to a massive degree 8-)

Answer me this..WHY do the members need to be consulted on this. Are they qualified to comment or make a decision? I know Id be guessing.

THis is a move of our TRAINING and ADMIN base...now..how many members are involved in or attend training or Club admin?? About 1% I reckon. Companies move headquarters all the time..the one I work for is scoping out new premises as we speak..and I'm bloody sure that when they find somewhere there wont be a show of hands to see if me and my fellow workers or our customers are cool with it...and thats the place I go to work every day!!!

My mechanic moved shop the other week..and he sure didnt check with me first to make sure I was happy with the new location!

Too many people are equating this with our move from the Junction to Moorabbin, or Moorabbin to Waverley. Its not..welcome to 2007..we play our games at Docklands, have done since 2000 and will do so for a long time to come I reckon. THAT level of move id like to be consulted on..not where the players swim and run laps or the Board has meetings.
My point exactly ...

again...

Were Hawthorn members notified or given the opportunity to vote of their move to Waverley??

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Doesnt matter to you either...if it came to a vote you arent 18 so you arent eligible 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Doesnt matter to you either...if it came to a vote you arent 18 so you arent eligible 8-)
dont care about voting, what i do care about is that every friday i used to go to whoop whoop to make the banner, now i will be going to whoop whoop whoop!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Broodruff
Club Player

The reasons for moving to Frankston are not to make it easier for you to attent training sessions, and why would it be? There arent a whole heap of people who turn out for training sessions.

The reason the club moved is for the good of the club financially, and the good of the players. All the players seem keen to move there.

By moving here, we can again stay in the race with all the other 'super-clubs' who have their own home comprising of state-of-the-art training facilities.

You may not like it, or realise it, but this is a positive move for the club. This does not mean that it is the most favourable. No doubt, there are many people out there who would love us to stay at Morabbin: Me included. This is simply not practial anymore, we were stalled in negotations with the council about poker machines and couldn't go anywhere in terms of redevlopment, this (as far as I'm aware) then stalled sponsorship deals and the like?

This is, evidently, the most popular decision, but it was a decision made for the players and the clubs benefit, not yours, or mine, or any other individuals. Moving from Morabbin to Frankston is only goign to effect a small portion of members anyway.

You don't get my signature.

Kudos to the new board.
Nothing but good news coming from StKFC
Together we are one.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: St.Kilda, Port Melbourne, Albert Park or even Elsternwick somewhere with a fairly central location

Never trust a board made up of tee totallers, they lack vision

We need a board with more substance's

Just need 100 sigs for a board challenge

Who's with me?
By the way...

What is a tee totallers???

Is it some golfing term

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
saint66au wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
dont care about voting, what i do care about is that every friday i used to go to whoop whoop to make the banner, now i will be going to whoop whoop whoop!
Now...go back and read the WHOLE article again..especially the bit about the Social Club, complete Id reckon with that nice big TB Room...staying at Moorabbin for now...

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Andrew, we are not going to St Kilda so that is pure fantasy (not that there’s anything wrong with that!). We were never moving closer to the cbd, it was always a question of redeveloping Moorabbin, or moving outwards.

The Kingston Council have blown it, the deal was pretty close to being done as I understand it, now they are faced with a rotting landmark to remind them of their failure, or buying back a 30 year lease.

Now Frankston is further away from me, as it is you, but to my mind this could be the greatest thing that has happened to the club since its last successful year. I commend the Butterss admin for initiating this, and the new admin for acting swiftly to seal the deal which I believe is the answer to our prayers.

With regard to the lack of consultation with the members on this issue, I doubt that as a club we would find the best possible solution to our problems by putting it to a vote. The decision is best made by people that are experienced in making such deals, and that have access to all the raw data that might never be made public. I commend our admin for getting this deal through with no media circus, or even so much as a premature announcement from caro. Nothing of this magnitude could be accomplished in consultation with the members, so what if we all want the club to move to St Kilda ? That doesn’t make it the best thing for the club.

I see this as a major win for our club, and believe that it will have a positive effect before we even get there.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Re: St.Kilda in St.Kilda, board challenge, need 100 signatur

saintdooley wrote:
barks4eva wrote:SFA

St.Kilda First Always

FFS have only been there 5 minutes and already they are moving OUR club to Frankston, in an entirely undemocratic process, without the members being invited to have any say whatsoever

SFA would never allow this, we would consult the members every time

Why move this club even further from St.Kilda?

The move to Moorabbin from St.Kilda was a mistake in the first place and now the new board after only five minutes in control are moving the club even further from our true spiritual home

So what if Nathan Burke grew up in the Pines, doesn't mean we have to move the whole football club to the area

It's time to move this club back to St.Kilda or somewhere close by

Begin talks with the State Gov about a possible state of the art facility in St.Kilda near the Albert Park Lake, develop an oval close to the Junction with shared facilities at the Junction Oval on the St.Kilda Rd side of the Junction

St.Kilda, Port Melbourne, Albert Park or even Elsternwick somewhere with a fairly central location

Who's with me?
agree!
i dont like the idea of STKILDA going further away from STKILDA!
and i dont like the idea of us going to frankston!
ffs, where do we get any say in this? we are members, or supporters, and the club is nothing without us! if we dont go to game, they are nothing, if we dont buy their gear, they are nothing, if we dont buy a membership, they are nothing! we should get more bl00dy say in this than them!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

you're just a 5 year old with no clue on how the world works

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

The problem with people who are agreeing with B4E... is that they are thinking more about themselves than the clubs interest.

It's called progress people.

They walk amongst us...

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

St.Kilda First Always

FFS have only been there 5 minutes and already they are moving OUR club to Frankston, in an entirely undemocratic process, without the members being invited to have any say whatsoever

The move to Moorabbin from St.Kilda was a mistake in the first place and now the new board after only five minutes in control are moving the club even further from our true spiritual home

So what if Nathan Burke grew up in the Pines, doesn't mean we have to move the whole football club to the area

Begin talks with the State Gov about a possible state of the art facility in St.Kilda near the Albert Park Lake, develop an oval close to the Junction with shared facilities at the Junction Oval on the St.Kilda Rd side of the Junction

St.Kilda, Port Melbourne, Albert Park or even Elsternwick somewhere with a fairly central location

Who's with me?
agree!
i dont like the idea of STKILDA going further away from STKILDA!
and i dont like the idea of us going to frankston!
ffs, where do we get any say in this? we are members, or supporters, and the club is nothing without us! if we dont go to game, they are nothing, if we dont buy their gear, they are nothing, if we dont buy a membership, they are nothing! we should get more bl00dy say in this than them!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

you're just a 5 year old with no clue on how the world works
hmmmmmm, righteo

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

so you say we should get more of a say in this doolz..are you going to come up with a plan on how we will build a state of the art facility be it in frankston, moorabin or south africa?????

all good to say we should have more say than a board who is in place because of the supporters, but a 12 year old like yourself could not even begin to build a facility like this.

if you don't like it, f*** off is my theory

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:The problem with people who are agreeing with B4E... is that they are thinking more about themselves than the clubs interest.

It's called progress people.
hit.nail.head :-)

Reason number 456,754 why you dont have a vote on it. We want the BEST location and facilities, not the most popular ones.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

St.Kilda First Always

Who's with me?
god you are annoying

i commend your passion though

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

can we get this locked so it floats to the bottom and does not get picked up by some lazy journo and become tomorrows news

"Saints fans up in arms, looking to overthrow the new board .... etc."

Got your attention B4E, no go away

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote: god you are annoying

i commend your passion though
It's not passion mate, he thrives on being annoying and being the centre of attention

:roll: