Butters and his ego

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

B4E -

I am not a GT fan, I don't dispute some of what you say.....BUT it is the board's responsibility, headed by RB. He is the one who created this whole sorry saga, which continues to infect the club. He used sloppy proceese, lacked transparency, and took a brazen attitude to running the club & some of the decision making.

RB and his board leaving will be the final piece in this messy situation.

karnaby
Club Player

fwiw, I don't think that barks post did shoot shaggy's question to pieces.

I have responded to barks above & whilst he puts up reasonable arguments to denigrate Thomas (most of which we've all seen that often it is preferable to ignore it rather than re-read) it still does not absolve the incumbents for their actions. They were ultimately responsible both while Thomas was there & since. It is my understanding that our recruiters are still underfunded now & that is a full year after Thomas.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I know B4E personally and he doesn't hide like a coward behind an internet persona. Everyone who wants to can find Andrew, and BTW I have questioned Andrew on some of his allegations and he provided answers.

So personally I have received some verification to some of B4E's allegations. I have and will never receive the same form the anonomous and highly suspect RogerFox.

However they are Andrews allegations and it is up to him if he wants to reveal his sources.

hope that helps your query Dan.
I can't see that there is any obligation to reveal your identity on an internet forum such as this, nor that it is cowardly to refuse to do so.

Anyway, B4E's statements about GT being wholly responsible for certain decisions are surely open to interpretation. For instance, it could be true that a Board all formal requests for additional $$$ received a favourable response, but it could also be true that GT knew from informal discussions with RB or whoever that any requests for more than $214,000 for recruitment would have a snowball's chance in hell of being accepted by the Board.

Anyway, it is an easy game to pin lots of decisions which turned out - with the full benefit of hindsight - to have been sub-optimal on a sacked or retired employee. Organisations around the world do this, and will also tell the likes of B4E or whoever that this is what happened.

That doesn't make it true.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

well having not caught up with B4E since busting my achilles some 3 years ago now? I haven't grilled him on his GT rant.

there is plenty of evidence publicly made by folks such are Beveridge etc to counter some of his statements.

I dont bother arguing with B4E any more because it just goes around and around and around and he quotes X and I quote Y and he links back to the post I made 5 months ago...etc etc.

hardly worth the effort.

any word on my bicycle btw?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Shaggy
Club Player

B4Eva keeps on bringing everything back to GT who is obviously irrelevant now. He and Teflon need to get over GT.

The same problems are here today as were one year ago which is why the Board is going. It is now obvious it’s the Board which is responsible.

GT has not been a barrier for change for 12 months.

The so called discreet independent football review took place 18 months ago.

RL has been mentioning (or complaining depending on your read) about our bottom expenditure this year.

G Trains old man is voting for SFF.

And I will never forgive the Board for being so tight to spend only $214,000 (less than 2% of total costs) on recruitment when we were a real premiership chance.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
If it was all true it may have shot the question to pieces.

But alas, he's fabricated most of it.
prove that none of it is true RogerFox by verfying your sources.

Oh thats right we just have to take you on word value.......

You have been called out and shown up by several posters on this point and every time you skulk away.

You word is worth nothing.[/quote]

I didn't say none of it was true.

I'm amazed that people get upset about me not revealing my 'sources'.

Surely people can understand that publicly 'outing' people on a forum isn't really fair, or reasonable.

There's a hell of alot of stuff that I hear that probably isn't true anyway, or is an opinion held by the person telling me.

You're very touchy these days Joffaboy, relax.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:[
I can't see that there is any obligation to reveal your identity on an internet forum such as this, nor that it is cowardly to refuse to do so.
Where did I accuse anybody of being a coward for not relvealing their sources?

Very poor form to verbal me mb. Go back and read the post of mine before attempting to smear me please.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: You're very touchy these days Joffaboy, relax.
Just keeping the conversation fluid. No need to assume anything RogerFox.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Why does everyone spell my name incorrectly?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
meher baba wrote:[
Where did I accuse anybody of being a coward for not relvealing their sources?

Very poor form to verbal me mb. Go back and read the post of mine before attempting to smear me please.
My comment as quoted above (which, BTW, is about identities not sources) is based on your following statement
I know B4E personally and he doesn't hide like a coward behind an internet persona
My reading of this is that, in praising B4E for not being a coward, you were also criticising rodgerfox and many others on this forum who do not choose to reveal their true identities as cowards. Maybe I'm going crazy, but this seems to me to have been what you were trying to say.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Why does everyone spell my name incorrectly?
the "d" is dogey

Lance or James??

spert
Saintsational Legend

SFF? should really be SFA as that's all they are offering

bungiton
SS Life Member

spert wrote:SFF? should really be SFA as that's all they are offering
Then they are already at least equal with the current board. Except they have the weight of public support, Butterss and his business pals just have the weight of the old size ten on their asses just waiting to shove them out the door, whine all you like, will happen, the new board will assume power and you can sit in the corner and moan all you like!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Richter
SS Life Member

spert wrote:I see Collingwood spent a lot on recruiting, have great training facilities and a loudmouth President, but in the end didn't win a premiership..Brisbane, Adelaide and WCE have fantastic training facilities, top sponsors, lots of members good recruiting- no premiership either this year..I'm afraid it's not that easy.
In the 7 years that Butters has been in how many Grand Finals or premierships have we been in?

Collingwood - 2 GFs

Brisbane - 3 flags, 4 GFs

WCE - 1 flag, 2 GFs

Adelaide - well, there you have me....... Although they did win 2 flags just prior to that period though......

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

bungiton wrote:Except they have the weight of public support
So did John Howard in the last election, and he stole his way in to government with lies and telling the masses what they wanted to hear.......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
bungiton wrote:Except they have the weight of public support
So did John Howard in the last election, and he stole his way in to government with lies and telling the masses what they wanted to hear.......
Is this a football forum or the federal election fourm.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Is this a football forum or the federal election fourm.
Just tring to draw comparisons.........

Helps to read between the lines sometimes plugger

bungiton
SS Life Member

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Is this a football forum or the federal election fourm.
Just tring to draw comparisons.........

Helps to read between the lines sometimes plugger
if you stopped doing lines, you'd find it easier to read

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.