Who are we prepared to trade?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Think Clarke brothers could have a fair bit of trade value - but we should only look at trading them for the right price... Raph is far too casual for my liking, doesn't run when he gets the ball in space and is too inconsistent with his disposal and lacks the ability to make smart decisions on the field. If he gets the mental side to his game right, he can still be a very handy 10-15th player on the list.

Some people need to be a bit more realistic - players like Ferguson, Watts, Sweeney & Brooks etc. have no trade value. They will either be delisted or retained.

The Saints are coming!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Raph Clarke is 20/21...

I wouldn't expect him to be of realistic value till 23/24 given his series of injuries.

looked better past few weeks.

showed a bit of pace as well.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I wouldn't trade either clarke unless you put a gun to my head and offered me a star... neither is there yet, but all X needs to do is straighten up that kicking for goal, and he will be. Through the last 6 weeks, he's chased, tackled, gone to the bottom of packs, come out with the ball, forced turnovers, run away from contests... and sprayed shot after shot after shot at goal.

Saturday was more of the same - 0.3 in the first half IIRC? His goalkicking can be addressed, he's going to be an excellent HFF.

Raph needs to get about a stride better in reading the play - at the moment, he comes across and is punching from the side instead of getting in front and marking 2 handed. From comments Lyon made earlier in the year, I'd also rate him a dark horse to end up at FF next year if the Saints have a healthy backline. Given age and talent, I'd certainly be hesitant to let him go.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford