the difference between the blues and the saints.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

st.byron wrote:I think it's a fair comment to say that the Dogs and Kangas would be at the head of a re-location drive. Not sure about the Saints and Hawks though. Can't even imagine the Saints being moved from Melb. Especially since they have improved their financial status and member numbers. Hawks I don't know.
As for the AFL needing a fit and healthy Carlton in Victoria more than any other Vic based club, I don't see why that is so. Carlton is a shadow of the powerhouse of stability, on field performance and financial strength it was when I grew up. Any club that can no longer hold it's own in the comp due to financial stress, a poor fan base or poor performance on-field is vulnerable in my book. Times change and it could be Carlton. Favourite for a move, to state the bleeding obvious is the Kangas. After them, I don't know, but I do think there's an agenda to whittle the Melbourne teams down to 8.
I would agree that the dogs and kangas are at the head of the line. Hawks to tassie would be next. After that i think the saints are next in line. Does that mean i think it will happen? No. But if there was a pecking order, i think you guys would go before carlton if for no other reason then because Dimwit said as much.

I agree Carlton have become a shadow of its former self. But considering the complete and utter lack of on-field effort of late and he shambles that our club is at (or at least was before Prat came on board) off the field...the fact we broke our membership record this year despite all of this...shows we are far from dead and buried.

So yes, poor financial position, poor fan base and poor performance = relocation.
Poor financial position for carlton is changing on a daily basis.
Poor fan base? No.
Poor performance...yes...but we are in a much better position than Fitzroy ever was thats for sure.

In comparison...
Saints are relatively strong off field at present.
Fan base is ok at present but may drop if performance does.
Performance is on the way down too.

So we have more potential room to grow then you and thats why i made those comments. As stated repeatedly, i dont think that either is likely (Dogs and kangas are though) but it is all relative.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
In comparison...

So we have more potential room to grow then you .

oh ffs ...go away you annoying little person......you talk utter crap.......our performance is actually on the up...since we got most of our team back......

you on the other hand are only getting worse........

...and it's "than"...not ..."then".....missing all that school is catching up with you....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

What r they going to do when Jordan Bannister gives it away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kouta and Lappin have retired, that will hurt. Maybe bring back Jamie Dunlop and Frank Marchesani. :roll:

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

stinger wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:
In comparison...

So we have more potential room to grow then you .

oh ffs ...go away you annoying little person......you talk utter crap.......our performance is actually on the up...since we got most of our team back......

you on the other hand are only getting worse........

...and it's "than"...not ..."then".....missing all that school is catching up with you....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Season to season its on the way up??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

flower off......

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

stinger wrote:flower off......
You just cant take no for an answer can ya.

Gimme a hug stinger :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
stinger wrote:flower off......
You just cant take no for an answer can ya.

Gimme a hug stinger :D

my reply and advice to you..... ..if i wasn't a gentleman..would involve sex with yourself and travel ................ :evil: :evil: :evil:\

and i would require several shots from my local doctor before i would even consider your offer....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

I would piss myself laughing if Gibbs doesnt make it. Crikeys how many number one picks do u guys need. I mean fair's fair. I mean u have a guy like Andrew Walker who has been in the system for 4 years (?) and still turns the ball over like my mums pancakes. Josh Kennedy? Pfft. Murphy has been ok but set the world on fire? Hardly.

Come on.....spare me champ. :shock:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:I would piss myself laughing if Gibbs doesnt make it. Crikeys how many number one picks do u guys need. I mean fair's fair. I mean u have a guy like Andrew Walker who has been in the system for 4 years (?) and still turns the ball over like my mums pancakes. Josh Kennedy? Pfft. Murphy has been ok but set the world on fire? Hardly.

murphy's okay...will be a star......gibbs is a squib........got less heart than even even fiora had at the tigers ..before the saints toughened him up........and less talent than most other no1 draft picks......

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Get it right Lord Stinger....Bryce Squibbs. I guess he has a lot to live up to getting Luke Livingstone's jumper...... :roll: :lol: :roll:

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:I would piss myself laughing if Gibbs doesnt make it. Crikeys how many number one picks do u guys need. I mean fair's fair. I mean u have a guy like Andrew Walker who has been in the system for 4 years (?) and still turns the ball over like my mums pancakes. Josh Kennedy? Pfft. Murphy has been ok but set the world on fire? Hardly.

Well currently we only have as many #1 picks as you. Riewoldt and Goddard? Walker was #2 as was Kosi. Seems we are only pretty even terms. I dont know enough about the rest of your trading history but you also have Ball at #2 so that would equal out our #1 this year (if we lose to dees).

Walker will be fine when he is playing without injury. Kennedy has only had 1 preseason and is still only 19. He just needs time. Ditto Gibbs as he was only 17 when he debuted, youngest kid in the draft i think.

The problem is we have no older blokes to protect these kids. You have had Harvey who has been a champion for many years and has more often then not taken the #1 tag. We have 18yo #1 picks who are getting tagged.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:Well currently we only have as many #1 picks as you.
He's a collingwood fan mate...

They walk amongst us...

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

HSVKing wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:Well currently we only have as many #1 picks as you.
He's a collingwood fan mate...
D'oh. :lol:

In that case...How is Dale Thomas (the tank engine) going? ;)

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Yeah I reckon he is going ok.....same with Scott Pendlebury. Goldsack wasnt a bad late pick up either. Three NAB rising star nominations this year baby booze, I will take that. See for us baby booze there is an era post Buckley, Burns, Wakelin and Licuria. :wink:

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Yeah I reckon he is going ok.....same with Scott Pendlebury. Goldsack wasnt a bad late pick up either. Three NAB rising star nominations this year baby booze, I will take that. See for us baby booze there is an era post Buckley, Burns, Wakelin and Licuria. :wink:
Yeah but dont you feel bad by tanking to get 'the tank' ? Rising stars or not. ;-)

Answer me this question. What is Pendlebury's actual position. :?

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Answer me this question. What is Pendlebury's actual position.
Huh? :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Serious question. I have many arguments about that.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Serious question. I have many arguments about that.
If he went to Carlton...

Captain...

Coach...

And President?

They walk amongst us...

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i have a question...how is this relevant to a saints fan site?

f*** off too big footy if you want to find out where pendlebury's possie is

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:24am, edited 1 time in total.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:23am, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:The agro round here is a real put off. Saintsationalism gone mad. Next we'll be sending TBB to cyber detention camps. He's obviously a terrorsaintist!

TBB was quite diplomatic and civil.
His articulate posts made interesting reading. The fact he managed to string 5 or more coherent words together to explain his points doesn't mean we need to revert to all out abuse. Unless that's the only way we know how to communicate.

You're welcome here TBB... you stupid carlscum rotton no good thing ;)
Agree 100% AOK...well said...

Noone here would argue that Carltons administration has stunk to high heaven in recent time..but funnily enough every Blues fan who wanders in here actually thinks the same thing as far I know..yet they still cop it like they have handed over the brown paper bags themselves.

See you in detention camp AOK..IM sure we'll be pilloried for offering aid and comfort to the enemy ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:The agro round here is a real put off. Saintsationalism gone mad. Next we'll be sending TBB to cyber detention camps. He's obviously a terrorsaintist!

His articulate posts made interesting reading. The fact he managed to string 5 or more coherent words together to explain his points doesn't mean we need to revert to all out abuse. Unless that's the only way we know how to communicate.

not welcome by me .........it's a troll dressed up ,....... still sprouts crap.....

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

saint66au wrote:

Agree 100% AOK...well said...

Noone here would argue that Carltons administration has stunk to high heaven in recent time..but funnily enough every Blues fan who wanders in here actually thinks the same thing as far I know..yet they still cop it like they have handed over the brown paper bags themselves.

See you in detention camp AOK..IM sure we'll be pilloried for offering aid and comfort to the enemy ;-)
Well said both of you.

I am aware that our club screwed up. Have never suggested otherwise. We have been punished (some may say harshly - saints fans would not) but in the end we have accpeted, done our time and are moving on.

I was a supporter of Carlton before that shite happened and i am a supporter of the club now. I do NOT support what they did, but it happens. If i changed clubs everytime they did something questionable i wouldn't stay a supporter of any club for any length of time.

To be treated the way i am because of something thats happened in the past is akin to hating all germans because 'they're all nazis'.

I have said repeatedly i dont care if i cop shite for the club i barrack for, but to 'discredit' anything i say based on the same logic doesn't reflect kindly on those that do.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
I am aware that our club screwed up. Have never suggested otherwise. We have been punished (some may say harshly - saints fans would not) but in the end we have accpeted, done our time and are moving on.

I was a supporter of Carlton before that shite happened and i am a supporter of the club now. I do NOT support what they did, but it happens. If i changed clubs everytime they did something questionable i wouldn't stay a supporter of any club for any length of time.

To be treated the way i am because of something thats happened in the past is akin to hating all germans because 'they're all nazis'.

I have said repeatedly i dont care if i cop shite for the club i barrack for, but to 'discredit' anything i say based on the same logic doesn't reflect kindly on those that do.

tell someone who cares you little whinger.......you cop sh!t from me , not because of whom you barrack for, but because you are a bluescum troll on a saints site.........i couldn't care less about you personally or your corrupt, morally bankrupt and tanking scummy club......

...reflect kindly on me.??????in whose eyes, dropkick....... :roll: