Sub strategy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sub strategy

B.M wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 9:45pm Pick a runner as a sub
Tony Brown might be a little long in the tooth?
Handy in his day, though!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Wed 21 Jun 2023 4:37pm Cooper has been good as the sub, but nothing about his play is really benefited by him coming on late. Should be using high energy line breaking runners as the sub.

Peris is made for it.
He hasn’t played a game and you want him to come straight in and impact as a high energy line breaking runner?
Honestly?

“Yeah….nah””
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 22 Jun 2023 12:38am
Otiman wrote: Wed 21 Jun 2023 4:37pm Cooper has been good as the sub, but nothing about his play is really benefited by him coming on late. Should be using high energy line breaking runners as the sub.

Peris is made for it.
He hasn’t played a game and you want him to come straight in and impact as a high energy line breaking runner?
Honestly?
Yeah, of course, Peris was drafted with express interest in rainy day sub potential.
Peris will spend the rest of the year clocking up kilometres at Sandy. He will probably end up as good as Byrnes by next year and will more than likely take his spot, but as an attacking wing, who goes deep forward and scores.

I reckon we should tell Seb Ross his strategy on saving himself for patches of briliance is a master stroke. This is the bloke who should be sub, Bytel has had his turn, it's now or never.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

What qualities do you want in a sub? Assume medical sub is not a consideration.

- Impact player
- Fast
- High energy
- Game breaker

The jury is out on peris for the first and last, but I don't see others with those traits in our emergencies or at Sandy each week.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Thu 22 Jun 2023 3:16pm What qualities do you want in a sub? Assume medical sub is not a consideration.

- Impact player
- Fast
- High energy
- Game breaker

The jury is out on peris for the first and last, but I don't see others with those traits in our emergencies or at Sandy each week.
Looks like a great way for Seb to finish his career if you ask me. Seriously.
He just needs to train hard, do some interviews and go as hard as he can for 20-30 minutes a game.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 22 Jun 2023 3:10am
Teflon wrote: Thu 22 Jun 2023 12:38am

Peris is made for it.
Honestly?
Yeah, of course, Peris was drafted with express interest in rainy day sub potential.
Peris will spend the rest of the year clocking up kilometres at Sandy. He will probably end up as good as Byrnes by next year and will more than likely take his spot, but as an attacking wing, who goes deep forward and scores.

I reckon we should tell Seb Ross his strategy on saving himself for patches of briliance is a master stroke. This is the bloke who should be sub, Bytel has had his turn, it's now or never.
I agree

“Yeah….nah””