Is Footy Classified Worst Footy Show on TV?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Footy Classified Worst Footy Show on TV?

I don't think much of Footy Classified these days: I actually think it was a bit more fun when it had Thommo on it a few years back: he said plenty of crap, but he also made the occasional good point. IMO Caro is quite entertaining in this context. You have to expect these sorts of panel shows to have a go at every club from time to time, including the Saints. One needs not to be too sensitive about it.

Last night I was at a hotel where they had Fox Footy in the rooms and I watched a couple of shows of which I can't remember the names: one had Nick Riewoldt in it and the other one featured Whateley and Robbo. Compared to these efforts, Footy Classified is Four Corners. Compared to Robbo, Caro is a Pulitzer Prize winner. Whateley and Robbo spent 60 minutes stating the bleeding obvious in as many words, along with interviewing star players and getting the usual sort of meaty and insightful answers (not) that one can expect on these occasions.

The bottom line of all this is too many hours of TV time to fill, and not enough genuine news to fill it with.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I’d take Robbo over Huchy …. That’s not saying much
On the Couch with Gerard used to be good
Garry “fence sitter” Lyon just says nothing …

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

In regard to poor media form, what do we think of the practice of gleefully showing with commentary in room vision broadcasts of distressed, injured, vulnerable players in real time/half time. Several men with irregular heart problems wired up, Paddy's distress - which Longmire complained about.

Seems over the top gross gratuitous disrespectful insensitive voyeurism to me.

Way past showing close ups of players clearing nostrils or adjusting their undies.

What's next concealed cameras in doctors rooms.

What do we think?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 28 Apr 2022 9:29am In regard to poor media form, what do we think of the practice of gleefully showing with commentary in room vision broadcasts of distressed, injured, vulnerable players in real time/half time. Several men with irregular heart problems wired up, Paddy's distress - which Longmire complained about.

Way past showing close ups of players clearing nostrils or adjusting their undies.

What do we think?
You have a point. Intrusion has gone to far IMHO.

shadrock
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 28 Apr 2022 9:29am In regard to poor media form, what do we think of the practice of gleefully showing with commentary in room vision broadcasts of distressed, injured, vulnerable players in real time/half time. Several men with irregular heart problems wired up, Paddy's distress - which Longmire complained about.

What do we think?
I think there just needs to be tighter restrictions on it. The in the rooms footage is sometimes great insight before the game and after the game also, a good spot to see a more real side to the players, whether its singing the song or a postgame interview. I really enjoy that side of it. But i think the TV networks need to show more respect to players, and know the difference between the fun pre/postgame stuff, and something that is personal or medical in nature. Maybe there needs to be a new understanding reached between the players union and the league/tv networks. Kind of like how the NBA have some players Mic'd up for ingame audio, but they only ever use audio clips which are very lighthearted, such as giving positive messages to teammates and cheering people on. They would hear all kinds of stuff on mic such as ingame tactics, trash talk in game, but they never share any of it and im sure thats due to an agreement thats in place.

Scrapping it all would seem to be an overreaction.