No Ryder for R1?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergsone
SS Life Member

Re: No Ryder for R1?

No Ryder = Marshall and Hayes imo

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Thu 03 Mar 2022 12:30pm
Moods wrote: Thu 03 Mar 2022 11:59am This is a disaster in my opinion. Ryder is crucial to our game plan as he's the only ruckman on our list who can compete with the genuine ruckmen around the league in the tap outs. The fact that he's had 6 mths to get it right and he's STILL not training fully, factoring in his old age, we simply got it wrong in the draft/trade period. Tom Campbell looks no more than capable. And blind freddy can see we're too small down back. Heaven forbid if Howard goes down. Wilkie, Highmore, Battle are not big enough to compete with the genuine fwds in the competition. Howard is a FB. We haven't been able to replace Fisher since he retired some 5-6 yrs ago.

I was very bullish about this season, but reality is starting to sink in.
It's March 3rd.
Well aware of the date. The more I’m hearing about our last practice match the more troubling it’s sounding. Not just from ppl on here either.

I guess I’m one of the few that isn’t convinced on Ratten on here. The lack of discernible game plan, the over estimating of our list last year and the apparent complacency going in to last year coupled with multiple absolute beltings by even average teams ( bombers and tigers) should have had all of us on high alert.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

This is weird to say I'll admit right up front; however without Paddy in the side I think we are going to have a very similar year to 2021. It's no secret our midfield struggles without him in the side, Steele is on the record as saying Paddy makes himself and the midfield better.

Were do the reports of Ratts only planning to get about 14 games put of Paddy come from?