In Hannebery and Howard. Out Highmore and Connolly

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: In Hannebery and Howard. Out Highmore and Connolly

Banger9798 wrote: Fri 13 Aug 2021 9:18pm
Scollop wrote: Fri 13 Aug 2021 8:18pm
tony74 wrote: Fri 13 Aug 2021 6:37pm They lose more with Stewart out
Do they lose more when they play Saturdays or Sundays?

And what about the moon. Do they lose more when it’s a crescent moon or a full moon?

Seriously…if there’s any talk in the corridors about 1 player is out and therefore our chances increase then we are farked!!
Easy on the Red Bulls Scollop
I get confused when tony74 posts because I'm not sure if it's just his personal opinion or the murmurs from some of the players (??!)

I think if our attitude is like it was last week, then we are a going to be competitive at least. Would be fantastic to beat those pricks

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 13 Aug 2021 5:42pm
saynta wrote: Fri 13 Aug 2021 5:33pm Geez...you guys. Hope Hanners has enough sense to avoid places on the internet that allow such rubbish.
What saynta & avoid the one person who thinks his output for us has been acceptable?

I think we all have our fingers crossed for him but the fact they are crossed is sad for him, the Club and the supporters.
I said i hope he has enough sense to avoid places like this and I am sure he does but that does not excuse most of the crap posted about him.

One would be forgiven for thinking he purposely breaks down if one was to believe one fifth of the crap.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Not personal. Dan knows that. Has a great CV and is freely acknowledged as a former AA of top order.

Dan and his management sold us something not fit for purpose not covered by consumer laws.

Natural to feel aggrieved. Good he has made first step to acknowledging it. He would have given assurances about his fitness during the due diligence process, yes? Or did he say I'm stuffed so its up to you if you want to risk millions or so .

Now has to play better than next best selection which seems to be Bytel. Its good Ratts is giving the young lad who is missing out encouragement because he will probably be winning games for us long after Dan has retired to his house the Saints built.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 14 Aug 2021 11:47am Not personal. Dan knows that. Has a great CV and is freely acknowledged as a former AA of top order.

Dan and his management sold us something not fit for purpose not covered by consumer laws.

Natural to feel aggrieved. Good he has made first step to acknowledging it. He would have given assurances about his fitness during the due diligence process, yes? Or did he say I'm stuffed so its up to you if you want to risk millions or so .

Now has to play better than next best selection which seems to be Bytel. Its good Ratts is giving the young lad who is missing out encouragement because he will probably be winning games for us long after Dan has retired to his house the Saints built.
"House that the Saints built." Envy...much. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I usually enjoy your posts but to post pure fantasy as fact....not much. :evil:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 14 Aug 2021 11:16am
saynta wrote: Fri 13 Aug 2021 5:33pm Geez...you guys. Hope Hanners has enough sense to avoid places on the internet that allow such rubbish.
What saynta & avoid the one person who thinks his output for us has been acceptable?

I think we all have our fingers crossed for him but the fact they are crossed is sad for him, the Club and the supporters.
I said i hope he has enough sense to avoid places like this and I am sure he does but that does not excuse most of the crap posted about him.

One would be forgiven for thinking he purposely breaks down if one was to believe one fifth of the crap.
Too true saynta. I'm sure he doesn't purposely break down but I'm equally sure we offered way overs for a broken player. Again, not his fault but it's someones.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Highmore out. Joyce in. Source Saints.com.au

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

No excuses today.

We either win or admit we're not good enough yet.

This will be one of the few times in the last ten seasons that we have actually had more than one good user of the ball under pressure in our midfield. With Hanners and Steele providing the execution skills, plus being able to convert in the forward line themselves, and Crouch also requiring opposition attention, we are a chance to actually match them in the middle.

If we can get Ross and Dunstan tagging effectively we will be on our way to controlling the corridor and, hopefully, winning the match.

Tuohy and Stewart are going to be missed by the Cats as they have killed us in the past, as has Rohan.

Somebody else may bob up today, here's hoping there won't be.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 14 Aug 2021 12:32pm
saynta wrote: Sat 14 Aug 2021 11:16am

Too true saynta. I'm sure he doesn't purposely break down but I'm equally sure we offered way overs for a broken player. Again, not his fault but it's someones.
Again, true mate, but one would be forgiven for thinking it was.

If someone offered you 750,000.00 dollars a year for 5 years, would you knock them back especially if t hey told you ther medics would get you on the park?. Same as they told Freeman.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I wish I could find someone stupid enough to offer me that much. Sadly Lethers doesn't recruit in my field.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 14 Aug 2021 5:24pm I wish I could find someone stupid enough to offer me that much. Sadly Lethers doesn't recruit in my field.
Nor mine mate. :wink:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I’ve heard the whole of wouldn’t you take the deal too if it was offered used a few times as a rationalisation for what’s happened.

Given the repeated reports from various outlets that the Saints have tried to negotiate a deal resulting in a payout and retirement… possibly even some kind of coaching role, it seems that they know that the stars aren’t going to align with Hannebery

Given the end result had been a pay reduction on the final year of his contract, which again by all accounts was heavily front ended and is no doubt incredibly favourable to Dan compared to the output that they were paying him for…

I really don’t get the good will that people are saying Hannerbery has earned

If he got $500k a year for the last three years inclusive and gets just a paltry $300k for the last season… that’s $1.8m over 4 years. He’s made out like a bandit.

And he’s occupying a spot in a team with a serious depth issue, compounding the problem and stopping us from recruiting into his spot.

I don’t see the nobility at all

If I was contracted to do a job… majorly undelivered and couldn’t fix it… I’d negotiate getting paid for what I did do and make a fair deal to break the contract and exit