Marshall injury

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Marshall injury

The_Dud wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021 12:38pm Do we really think Frawley is a better player than Jake??
Currently at Jake’s best definitely not, but there seems to be some issues surrounding Jake as he was not selected and Ratten did make some comments around Carslile.

Can’t recall verbatim but it seemed he has some work to do.

Fitness, attitude, injury?
I have no idea.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The Billings Method
Club Player

Jake at his best still strikes me as the better player, but attitude, form and motivation all play a big role. Jake's best is still very good.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
Sanctorum
Club Player

His omission from the 26 man squad for tonight's rumble against the Blues suggests to me that Jake Carlisle has issues apart from physical injuries that are keeping him out of contention. Is this the reason that the club went after Chips Frawley??

Jake has been an enigmatic figure since coming over to St Kilda, never really being able to recapture the great form he showed consistently at Essendon, which is a great pity because now that we have a team that is in serious contention for a flag, we could really do with someone of his size and vast experience in the backline.

I hope that whatever is wrong with him can be resolved swiftly!

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 04 Mar 2021 10:18am His omission from the 26 man squad for tonight's rumble against the Blues suggests to me that Jake Carlisle has issues apart from physical injuries that are keeping him out of contention. Is this the reason that the club went after Chips Frawley??

Jake has been an enigmatic figure since coming over to St Kilda, never really being able to recapture the great form he showed consistently at Essendon, which is a great pity because now that we have a team that is in serious contention for a flag, we could really do with someone of his size and vast experience in the backline.

I hope that whatever is wrong with him can be resolved swiftly!
Agreed. His omission from the team for however many weeks in the 2/3 of last season was as puzzling as it was costly

It’s been alluded to a bunch of times on this site that he is generally disliked at the club

Lennylegs
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021 12:41pm
stkfc1 wrote: Mon 01 Mar 2021 11:40pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 01 Mar 2021 9:19pm Marshall’s injury means Battle must now play as a key forward for a good month or so. It might work out well.
I reckon we're going to see a breakout year from Josh. He needs to be played forward all year. Reckon he may win a game or two of his own boot this year. Very Bullish.
Agreed. His 3rd q against the Tigers was pretty much the only time in that final we looked competitive. I have a feeling though that because he's showed that he's so versatile, he might get swung around (which I don't mind either - it's great to have a player that can be used to change it up).
That third quarter from Battle was all the more impressive for the fact he was pretty much playing on one foot. Love everything about him. Tough, courageous, looks to hit bodies when he can. Can't for his season.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle... a name like that will get him votes before he runs on.