Jack Steven out for final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: Jack Steven out for final

They will probably be playing West Coast in Perth.
Good luck with that!

One year will be our year
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Would he have made a difference last night? I think he would have.

Also, Stanley was very good for them I thought.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Scott cocked up last night. Not playing Steven was the start of his mistakes.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 10:50am
st.byron wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 9:35pm Am watch8ng the Port vs Geelong final. F*** I hate Geelong. Just sayin. Especially Joel f***** Selwood.
Something else we can agree on. I not sure who I hate more, the arrogant deadshit geelong players or that turd chris scott. Line ball. :roll:

f****** glad they lost.
Yep they are easy to despise. Selwood is a bloody whinger and is very punchable. Not that, if I was ever face to face with him I would go anywhere near punching him. He could probably kill me with one hand. In fact I’d probably say, “Hello Joel, nice to meet you”. He may well be a very decent bloke off the field. On the field though he totally sh**s me.
Would be a schadenfreude-fest to see them go out in straight sets.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 11:06am I like Chris Scott's beard and hairstyle.
He looked like a bloke playing a chess match last night. Calmly stroking his chin.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 11:30am They will probably be playing West Coast in Perth.
Good luck with that!
Beside the impracticality of another final in Perth with associated quarantine, Geelong will be the “home” team as the loser of the qualifying final.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Off a break you know Geelong will fail. They have a shocking record after a bye. I am extremely happy this morning that the arrogant turd Hawkins cost them again. Can’t stand their players and their hillbilly supporters. Geelong are nothing without Dank :wink:

I reckon Geelong will be barracking hard for West Coast. They probably fancy their chance better against the Wegirls

Moods
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 11:30am They will probably be playing West Coast in Perth.
Good luck with that!
Why would you think that? WC get one and only final in Perth and that's Saturday. The rest of the finals will be in played in QLD or Adelaide

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 11:18am Forumites repeatedly calling him a fat so, or a disgusting slob, making light of his personal circumstances/challenges and actually taking glee in shortcomings is very poor form.

It’s one thing to be angry that he left, actively revelling in poor fortune is something else altogether. Doesn’t take a lot to see that his fitness issues started around the time of his personal issues worsened and things haven’t gotten a great deal better.
Move to Geelong may not have fixed anything but he obviously needed something or try something and would only be worse off if he’d stayed.

Quite disturbing the nature of the flak he cops here
In regards to 3 coloured points
1. Are personal circumstances/challenges self inflicted?
2. Like Lyon not angry that they left but pretty disgusted at their dishonourable behaviour on the way out-You don't see me bagging Bruce, Dal Santo Goddard etc!
3. Yes he is entitled to try anything he chooses that may fix his problems, but that should not be done at the expense of the club he has shafted the previous 12 months for the remainder of the contract that he has quite clearly breached.

Don't wish ill on any young troubled person but his actions don't exactly invite sympathy!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 12:23pm
johnearljames wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 11:06am I like Chris Scott's beard and hairstyle.
He looked like a bloke playing a chess match last night. Calmly stroking his chin.
He once compared himself to an investment banker whatever that means...wanker

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Big mistake not playing Stuv.

So a four-time Saints B&F winner doesn’t meet with their high standards?

What an appalling finals record they are accumulating.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 1:16pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 11:18am Forumites repeatedly calling him a fat so, or a disgusting slob, making light of his personal circumstances/challenges and actually taking glee in shortcomings is very poor form.

It’s one thing to be angry that he left, actively revelling in poor fortune is something else altogether. Doesn’t take a lot to see that his fitness issues started around the time of his personal issues worsened and things haven’t gotten a great deal better.
Move to Geelong may not have fixed anything but he obviously needed something or try something and would only be worse off if he’d stayed.

2. Like Lyon not angry that they left but pretty disgusted at their dishonourable behaviour on the way out-You don't see me bagging Bruce, Dal Santo Goddard etc!
3. Yes he is entitled to try anything he chooses that may fix his problems, but that should not be done at the expense of the club he has shafted the previous 12 months for the remainder of the contract that he has quite clearly breached.

Don't wish ill on any young troubled person but his actions don't exactly invite sympathy!
I’m not making excuses for his behaviour or his decisions... nor am i suggesting let bygones be bygones

The ongoing derogatory comments and revelling in his failures is really not ok.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 1:45pm
whiskers3614 wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 1:16pm

I’m not making excuses for his behaviour or his decisions... nor am i suggesting let bygones be bygones

The ongoing derogatory comments and revelling in his failures is really not ok.
Good measured response, and as I said I don't wish ill on him but the whole method of how he got to Geelong and the fact we're still paying part of his pay is hard to digest!

longtimesaint
Club Player

Moods wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 1:12pm
Good luck with that!
Why would you think that? WC get one and only final in Perth and that's Saturday. The rest of the finals will be in played in QLD or Adelaide
My error - I was thinking they were top 4 and if they won would get another final in Perth.
You are right it will be in Queensland.

One year will be our year