Lovett lodges notice of grievance with club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Not the point - it's about violence, and to try and compare, or more particularly rate, is to deny what the violence actually does. To suggest the cab driver could defend himself denies the outcome. Sexual assualts are performed by people in positions of relative power. A cab driver bashed by a bigger person has been overwhelmed by someone in a position of power.

That's why they are both crimes of violence - someone in a position of power uses it to abuse a victim. Should we give leave because a victim is male, or Indian, even if the violence is as bad in terms of outcome as a sexual assualt? What's the comparison? How do we rate them? Truth is, we can't, unless we are the victims.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Should we give leave because a victim is male, or Indian, even if the violence is as bad in terms of outcome as a sexual assualt?
I can guarantee you that the police will, they are thick as pig s*** generally. Anyways, yes, I see your point and totally agree...neither can be rated worse than the other, both are acts of violence, both produce a victim. However, the AL issue suggests more than this, it suggests opportunism, which is pretty cowardly (if it happened). However, Hurley and Lovett are not comparable regardless, one has been proven to d have done the crime, the other not...maybe plugger hasn't realised yet?

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

There are a lot of things P66 hasn't realised yet. You should have been about on these boards a couple of years ago when I actually analysed him down to the secondary school he attended (a SE Suburbarn thing). But, I got it right, with no personal knowledge of him. Just used a logical brain and local knowledge. Loved it.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
ace
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Here are the link to the AGE article;

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... -nv3a.html

The Herald-Sun article seems to have vanished !!

Seems like the problem between the club and Lovett has not been helped by the next to useless Victoria Police.
With the lead investigator away on annual leave, no one else is prepared or able to make the call for fear of being over-ruled by the boss when he returns.

And that annual leave has probably been at least four weeks out of the six weeks we, the club and Lovett have been waiting.
Do the police get extra leave to make up for their irregular hours.

Maybe the club should let Lovett back and cite the failure of the police to promply deal with the case as their reason.
Justice delayed, is justice denied.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:"Are you actually serious. Comparing Hurley with what AL could be charged with is a disgrace. You have no idea. Sexual assult on a woman is one of the worst crimes that can happen. No wonder you only come on late at night when no one can challenge such a stupid statement." From Plugger 66.

Cop this you bonehead, yes, I am claiming that, exactly. Ever been bashed senseless for no reason? Ever spent months being afraid in public places? Do you have any understanding that a crime of violence is a crime of violence, irrespective of your gender or race. THAT'S WHAT CRIMES OF VIOLENCE ARE, you ignorant tosser.

Why have women's movements spent so long trying to ensure sexual assualt is treated as PRECISELY a crime of violence, and not a sexual crime? Why don't you spend a bit of time and actually keep up.

And, I'll tell you why I only come on here late at night - because when I read what you put forward when I pop in during the day, it bores me shyteless. I need a decent night out, and a belly full of grog, to even respond to the garbage you spit out 24/7.

You hold no superior position to lecture on crimes of violence. They are what they are - heinous, horrid, terrifying for every victim.

And, your claims that one type is worse than another just confirms to me what little you really know. And, when you know little, you really should STFU.

I suggest you take your superior knowhow to the Court system and help them understand how the cab driver dragged out of his cab by Hurley, bashed until he went horizontal, and then kicked in the head, is not as worthy a victim as the woman who claims to have been sexually assualted by Lovett.

I was going to add, how you make me laugh and vomit at the same time, but I figured that might be over the top.

Until 2 a.m. next week, eh?
Stop embarrassing yourself. Hurley may not even get a record for what he did if convicted but if a person is convicted of sexual assult he aint getting out of it. Of course if you use the words like bashed senseless thats very emotive but probably completely wrong. Anyway you keep getting on here late at night and continue typing this crap. If it wasnt so serious you would be funny.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Eastern wrote:Here are the link to the AGE article;

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... -nv3a.html

The Herald-Sun article seems to have vanished !!

Seems like the problem between the club and Lovett has not been helped by the next to useless Victoria Police.
With the lead investigator away on annual leave, no one else is prepared or able to make the call for fear of being over-ruled by the boss when he returns.

And that annual leave has probably been at least four weeks out of the six weeks we, the club and Lovett have been waiting.
Do the police get extra leave to make up for their irregular hours.

Maybe the club should let Lovett back and cite the failure of the police to promply deal with the case as their reason.
Justice delayed, is justice denied.
Another informed post :roll: Made even worse when the poster's arrogance inevitably pushes through.

I will answer your childish question anyway Ace. Yes the police do get extra leave to make up for their irregular hours.

You obviously have NO idea about investigations and protocols that need to be followed before the brief is authorised, let alone the amount of work that would go into preparing a brief of evidence of this nature. But keep going ahead posting your inane rubbish....

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

he's the scum of the earth i will be sick if he ever dons the red white and black...

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Andy was NOT at the intra club.

Conspiracy?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Andy was NOT at the intra club.

Conspiracy?
Been told to train away etc

No one would have expected him to be there

saint4life
bigred
Saintsational Legend

??????????

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

Not that there is any joy in this but:

just released in the Herald Sun:

Lovett on rape charge

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5830569433

St Kilda recruit Andrew Lovett charged with rape

* Mark Buttler
* February 15, 2010 3:28PM

GUN St Kilda recruit Andrew Lovett has been charged with rape.

The Herald Sun understands he was charged today after a two-month investigation by detectives from South Melbourne CIU.

Police would not confirm Lovett had been charged but said: “A 27-year-old Port Melbouirne man has been charged with one count of rape.â€

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

What a shock.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Yes - what a shock.

What a waste - Lovett you are a d**khead.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Yes - what a shock.

I second this sentiment. Unfortunately, I guess the club will have to see this through to the end...innocent until found guilty. However, I think the carping from 3rd parties about his suspension will stop.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

I second this sentiment. Unfortunately, I guess the club will have to see this through to the end...innocent until found guilty. However, I think the carping from 3rd parties about his suspension will stop.
Innocent or guilty - my call of "d**khead" stands

degruch
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
degruch wrote:

Innocent or guilty - my call of "d**khead" stands
Absolutely.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah - well I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but d*ckhead does not cut the mustard - total f88kwit is better. If there is this much evidence he has a massive problem.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:Can you guys please start a thread where you can just abuse the living daylights out each other and leave other threads alone.
This is ridiculous.

This is a Football forum! Let's talk about football!

i haven't abused anyone...just picked them up on a very racist statement...got abused for my trouble...as usual.....

, don't read it....and don't give me directions...

....for the record..i find your post abusive as well as bullying.....
Funnily this comment was the first thing i thought of yesterday.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
GrumpyOne

IluvHarvey wrote:
stinger wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:Can you guys please start a thread where you can just abuse the living daylights out each other and leave other threads alone.
This is ridiculous.

This is a Football forum! Let's talk about football!

i haven't abused anyone...just picked them up on a very racist statement...got abused for my trouble...as usual.....

, don't read it....and don't give me directions...

....for the record..i find your post abusive as well as bullying.....
Funnily this comment was the first thing i thought of yesterday.
Don't you just love the cut and thrust of the General Forum?

Hey..... hang on.....

I can't access the General Forum.

Stinger can't post on the General Forum.

This must be the Fan Forum. :shock:

I thought for a while I had been allowed in the other place. :?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

grievance tribunal will sit tonight to decide next step

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5833882691

saint4life
GrumpyOne

chook23 wrote:grievance tribunal will sit tonight to decide next step

Terrible grammar:
The grievance tribunal, made up of Jack Rush, QC, Kevin Power, father of Brisbane Lion Luke Power, and James Dowsley, is expected to rule on whether it should hear the matter tonight.
Does that mean that they will rule tonight whether they will hear the matter at a date to be fixed, or will they rule tonight then go on and hear the matter tonight? :?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

Terrible grammar:
The grievance tribunal, made up of Jack Rush, QC, Kevin Power, father of Brisbane Lion Luke Power, and James Dowsley, is expected to rule on whether it should hear the matter tonight.
Does that mean that they will rule tonight whether they will hear the matter at a date to be fixed, or will they rule tonight then go on and hear the matter tonight? :?
LOL If they rule that they won't hear it tonight when do you think they will?

GrumpyOne

fingers wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Terrible grammar:
LOL If they rule that they won't hear it tonight when do you think they will?
And what if they decide not to rule to hear the matter? Will that happen tonight?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

They will all get drunk and play ping pong.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

On ten news, it says that Lovett has arrived with Derek and is trying to have his case heard...