Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:Latest word, Brisbane are front runners and looking at trading "big guns" for Fev...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/c ... 5781816577
Stands to reason... they have a much bigger salary cap and messiah complex than us.
They dont have a bigger salary cap anymore... Only Sydney do now...

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Maybe we're still looking first and foremost for a medium sized goal kicking forward and a quick midfielder as we should be.
but once that is done ...

I reckon pick up the Fev if the Blues are pitching in with his payments and we can afford him.

With Fev in our team we can get 150 goals plus from our 2 key talls... like the Hawks did in 2008.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

AFL site reporting we have dropped off and the only 2 still showing interest are Lions and Pies.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i can see it now
eddie salivating

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:AFL site reporting we have dropped off and the only 2 still showing interest are Lions and Pies.
In a story headed 'Friday Rumour Mill' which states that because we haven't said anything we are therefore no longer in the running...

'Reporting' may be overstating things don't you think?

This whole thing is now bordering on the completely f****** ridiculous...

I swear someone could say Saints are swapping Reiwoldt for Kepler Bradley on an internet forum in Norway and someone in Melbourne would report it as 'sources say Riewoldt wants out.'

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

dont be stoopid
we all know roo is heading north as he was offered 28 million a year for two years 8-)

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:dont be stoopid
we all know roo is heading north as he was offered 28 million a year for two years 8-)
To play for the titans in a tit for tat signing.

Source: The internet.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

BelfastSaint wrote:Carlton has officially stated that they will be seeking a trade for Fevola who has nominated the Saints and Hawks as his preferred club.
Fevola does NOT have a say in it.

Time he realised that it's not about him, it's about the Club.

Carlton will do a trade that best fits the Club and not Fevola.

Personally I hope he goes to a West Australian Club so he can just suffer.

To get paid that much money and act like a moron over the years is inexcusable.

Yes, some on here think big deal about the brownlow night....

He would have been paid by Channel 9 for the street talk segment and his behaviour whilst being employed was a disgrace.

I hope he does not come to St Kilda, because I really don't think we need him or a player that @ 29 next January has not learnt that a Club comes first and not himself.

To come out and mention what Club he prefers to me reeks of it's all about him... Again, he does not have a say IMO

Some here think he may change if we secure him...

29 next January and a father and to date he has not changed.

It will be too late by the time it really hits home IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Seeing he's up on the Gold Coast, he might as well sign up there, sure the new franchise can offer Carlton something.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintm
Club Player

Re: Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

St Fidelius wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:Carlton has officially stated that they will be seeking a trade for Fevola who has nominated the Saints and Hawks as his preferred club.
Fevola does NOT have a say in it.

Time he realised that it's not about him, it's about the Club.

Carlton will do a trade that best fits the Club and not Fevola.
As Fevola is still a contracted player with Carlton, doesn't he have to agree with where he is to be traded before it can go ahead?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Listening to RL speal the other day about this matter, I immediately read between the lines, in other words I reckon we will show interest.

happy feet
Club Player

Fev & Pies

Just imagine the fun Fev and Didak would get up to. Would make a new young coach go frey before his years!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Listening to RL speal the other day about this matter, I immediately read between the lines, in other words I reckon we will show interest.
Really? I find him to be quite transparent, he would say if he was interested wouldn't he?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Rumour on BF "supposedly" from Carlton Board member is Blues are after Lynch and Pick 16 from St Kilda for Fev. They rate Lynch highly and are realistic about what elite players they'll get for him...

hhmmm..

“Yeah….nah””
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Wont happen Teffers, believe me. We'll be a minimal player in all this - bigger fish to fry.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

The Blues are being aggressive in market to offload. They are telling clubs what they want and how much salary they will pay which is up to $600,000 over 2 years of $1.4 million over next 2 years. They want a quality player (like for like, an aging star so Brisbane is in the box seat there with Bradshaw to swap) or a late first round or second round pick plus a younger qualit fringe player that fits their needs. HOWEVER Fev gets to decide his destiny. As a contracted player he can decide to stay or go. So even if Carlton and Brisbane agree to a swap, Fev can say no. In the end a deal will be done because Carlton have no choice and keeping him would mean paying him but not playing him as their only other option to keep Captain Environmental happy. My tip is Fev will not agree to move from Melbourne. Sydney on VERY good money has been rejected before because the family wanted to stay in Melbourne. To have a real chance of Fev agreeing they need to do a deal with a Melbourne club. By the way Fev is 99% ok ... it is just when he gets on the grog in a big way ... which is post season each year. He has learnt his lesson from this episode because he always wanted to be a 1 club player and win a premiership with Carlton. Now he seeks redemption as a player.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
sax
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Rumour on BF "supposedly" from Carlton Board member is Blues are after Lynch and Pick 16 from St Kilda for Fev. They rate Lynch highly and are realistic about what elite players they'll get for him...

hhmmm..
I was under the impression players on their innitial contract, cannot be traded or delisted until this contract expires (excluding rookies)

markp
Saintsational Legend

I've heard from two separate sources with very close ties to the club that this involves Fev's hands and Judd's girlfriend... and one of those sources said Judd told the club that he will never play with Fev again.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:I was under the impression players on their innitial contract, cannot be traded or delisted until this contract expires (excluding rookies)

Nope, anyone can be traded with or without permission at any time if they are in contract. If they are out of contract it's anther issue, as they have to agree to sign a new contract if traded.

God I hate this week, all the rubbish floating around from "inside sources" is amazing. I am just glad all the talk about Jordan McMahon has gone away.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

ausfatcat wrote:
sax wrote:I was under the impression players on their innitial contract, cannot be traded or delisted until this contract expires (excluding rookies)

Nope, anyone can be traded with or without permission at any time if they are in contract. If they are out of contract it's anther issue, as they have to agree to sign a new contract if traded.
Not true. They cannot make him go anywhere whilst he has a contract with them (barring the breaking of clauses/stipulations in said contract which Carlton stupidly removed from the current contract Fev is on). The worst they can do is banish him from the Senior team and play him in the 2nd's if they cannot agree to terms for a trade. If they are desperate to get rid of him, St Kilda could be in a very good position to obtain him for little cost. We will find out next week just how serious Carlton are.
ausfatcat wrote:God I hate this week, all the rubbish floating around from "inside sources" is amazing. I am just glad all the talk about Jordan McMahon has gone away.
There was a reason we are no longer chasing him, believe it was medical or that the Tigers were after too much for him. Can't remember now but that was knocked on the head early last week.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Beej
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I've heard from two separate sources with very close ties to the club that this involves Fev's hands and Judd's girlfriend... and one of those sources said Judd told the club that he will never play with Fev again.
Wow, that's explosive. :shock:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I've heard from two separate sources with very close ties to the club that this involves Fev's hands and Judd's girlfriend... and one of those sources said Judd told the club that he will never play with Fev again.
Its all over the carlton boards from multiple sources that fev had a punch on with Marc Murphy - hence his plea to Murphy in the paper in his apology that went along the lines of "Murph I love you man...blah blah blah.."

Classy lot.

“Yeah….nah””
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Its all over the carlton boards from multiple sources that fev had a punch on with Marc Murphy - hence his plea to Murphy in the paper in his apology that went along the lines of "Murph I love you man...blah blah blah.."

Classy lot.
With the footage they showed on the footy show, Fev spoke to Murphy and said exactly that to him on camera.

I took it as Fev being drunk and loved-up.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Cool, if that's the case, and they can't trade Fev... we can ask Judd to come to us instead.

Problem solved. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:

Not true. They cannot make him go anywhere whilst he has a contract with them (barring the breaking of clauses/stipulations in said contract which Carlton stupidly removed from the current contract Fev is on). The worst they can do is banish him from the Senior team and play him in the 2nd's if they cannot agree to terms for a trade. If they are desperate to get rid of him, St Kilda could be in a very good position to obtain him for little cost. We will find out next week just how serious Carlton are.
ausfatcat wrote:God I hate this week, all the rubbish floating around from "inside sources" is amazing. I am just glad all the talk about Jordan McMahon has gone away.
There was a reason we are no longer chasing him, believe it was medical or that the Tigers were after too much for him. Can't remember now but that was knocked on the head early last week.
Carlton have absolutely no respect from the public. They are the biggest bunch of pussies going around with the lamest coach!

Another opportunity awaits!