Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintTom
Club Player

Re: Rumour Thread

True Believer wrote:
SainterK wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Have heard that Tippett is going to Collingwood, Wellingham to West Coast and Dawes to Adelaide, with an exchange of picks.
Interesting.

Dawes to Adelaide a strange one, they need a second ruckman/forward...something Dawes is not.

Would be better developing Coreys younger brother....but clubs do strange things sometimes.

So much going around, 3 more weeks of this :shock:
Agreed SK, cannot see why Adelaide would want Dawes unless he comes with the player or pick that comes from WCE for Wellingham. I still think 13 to the Crows, Tippett to GC, Caddy to us is the best outcome. Not only do we Caddy, but we get to block the filth, and we owe them several....
The more I think about it, the more this makes sense... Pick 13 (which was good enough for Goddard) I'm sure Adelaide will be happy with. Tippett wants to go to QLD, and Caddy wants to come to Melbourne. It's actually one of the best 'win/win/win' trades I can think of. Only problem is that Geelong may use their priority pick. Depends on how much Geelong want him, really. Apparently this is a strong draft, so won't hurt Adelaide to have the extra first rounder for this year as opposed to one that they could use any year for the next few.

If this happens, I'd be ecstatic.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

True Believer wrote:I still think 13 to the Crows, Tippett to GC, Caddy to us is the best outcome. Not only do we Caddy, but we get to block the filth, and we owe them several....
Geez TB, you can be a vindictive buggar when you want... but I like it. :twisted:

Now, if I'm reading your post correctly, should the above happen, then it amounts to our pick 13 securing Tippet for the Suns of Beaches... hmmmm... :idea:

$700K -odd, only $50K-odd more than our original BJ offer, younger player with his best infront of him, key position forward who is also a good ruck... make him wear a Burkey-style bicycle helmet... hmmmm... 8-)

Just wondering if the Pelican isn't having the same musings as me...? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Dave McNamara wrote:
True Believer wrote:I still think 13 to the Crows, Tippett to GC, Caddy to us is the best outcome. Not only do we Caddy, but we get to block the filth, and we owe them several....
Geez TB, you can be a vindictive buggar when you want... but I like it. :twisted:

Now, if I'm reading your post correctly, should the above happen, then it amounts to our pick 13 securing Tippet for the Suns of Beaches... hmmmm... :idea:

$700K -odd, only $50K-odd more than our original BJ offer, younger player with his best infront of him, key position forward who is also a good ruck... make him wear a Burkey-style bicycle helmet... hmmmm... 8-)

Just wondering if the Pelican isn't having the same musings as me...? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Anything is possible Dave, and the whisper was that a deal was already done with a KP - but am inclined to think we are more into a KPD, more than a forward. Think they believe Rhys is the long term guy, Roo is the short term guy and that we need someone a iittle younger, and say more cost effective than Tippett.

i reckon if we were able to deliver Tippett to them, GC would carry Caddy's bags to the airport for him, and maybe throw in Hickey as a thank you -after all they need to shed some players, we cuold take two Melbourne boys off their hands and give them a prime time key forward who can ruck...... And Adelaide of course get a first round pick well ahead of what the Swans or the FIlth can offer...... in a strong draft.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

They will want a fair bit more than pick 13 for Yippett... They wil be looking for Brisbane or gcs first pick I imagine.

Hickey is not a Melbourne boy btw... Queenslander.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

lol - flog on SEN adamant he is going to Carlton for pick #11, but the article say Carlton haven't even contacted his management.

Fair Dinkum, this is sillier than trade week.

and we still have trade month to go

no wonder I don't like Oct
But if we don't have Free Agency we basically have what we did have which is limited opportunities for players to move clubs. FA opens it up a lot more, and reduces the restraint of trade conditions that existed to a degree under the old system.

I like the fact it goes for a whole month. Of course that will mean a lot more horse crap from the media, but it should mean more movement of players within AFL clubs that may otherwise have gone back to the VFL or country leagues instead.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

True Believer wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

Anything is possible Dave, and the whisper was that a deal was already done with a KP - but am inclined to think we are more into a KPD, more than a forward. Think they believe Rhys is the long term guy, Roo is the short term guy and that we need someone a iittle younger, and say more cost effective than Tippett.

i reckon if we were able to deliver Tippett to them, GC would carry Caddy's bags to the airport for him, and maybe throw in Hickey as a thank you -after all they need to shed some players, we cuold take two Melbourne boys off their hands and give them a prime time key forward who can ruck...... And Adelaide of course get a first round pick well ahead of what the Swans or the FIlth can offer...... in a strong draft.....
There was the rumour posted earlier in this tread - only mentioned once - that Stanley was on his way back to SA. So perhaps that rumour was on the mark, and Pick 13 and Stanley will go to Adelaide for Tippett, either coming to us, or going to Gold Coast, with Caddy and Hickey (and maybe Toy also) coming to us

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stanley & 13 for caddy & hickey & toy, not mad on that... Is hickey more promising than Rhys?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Stanley & 13 for caddy & hickey & toy, not mad on that... Is hickey more promising than Rhys?
Not by a mile...

If we lose Stanley, we are going backwards at 100 miles an hour...

Not many 200+cm guys with his athleticism and upside in the comp... Would be a bigger loss than BJ right at this point.. Madness even contemplating it..

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
dragit wrote:Stanley & 13 for caddy & hickey & toy, not mad on that... Is hickey more promising than Rhys?
Not by a mile...

If we lose Stanley, we are going backwards at 100 miles an hour...

Not many 200+cm guys with his athleticism and upside in the comp... Would be a bigger loss than BJ right at this point.. Madness even contemplating it..
+1

I would be amazed and quite perplexed if we even thought of trading Stanley.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

If St Kilda trade out Rhys Stanley, then I'll just pack up and forget football altogether. Really................................

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Oh, and by the way, what is this insane obsession with Caddy? He can go to Carlton or Geelong as far as I'm concerned. People are carrying on like he's an absolute gun. He's not!!!!!!!

I would hope the club would focus on using their compensatory pick for the best player available in the draft.

Royston
Club Player

I agree - if Caddy doesn't want to come surely there are other options out there.

I haven't noticed him too much while watching GC and I can't get out of my head that he (evidently) finished 17th in their B & F.

17th......doesn't sound like a gem to me whatever way you wish to sugar coat it !!!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:They will want a fair bit more than pick 13 for Yippett... They wil be looking for Brisbane or gcs first pick I imagine.

Hickey is not a Melbourne boy btw... Queenslander.
His father was an ex- rugby champion.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Richter
SS Life Member

cwrcyn wrote:Oh, and by the way, what is this insane obsession with Caddy? He can go to Carlton or Geelong as far as I'm concerned. People are carrying on like he's an absolute gun. He's not!!!!!!!

I would hope the club would focus on using their compensatory pick for the best player available in the draft.
Yep. Fair comment.

What about this kid Ben Jacobs from Port Adelaide. Originally from Sandringham. Wants to come home to Vic.
20yo mid taken pick 16 in 2010, averaged 16.3 disposals this year in 14 games (compared to Caddy 15.2 in 22 games)

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:If St Kilda trade out Rhys Stanley, then I'll just pack up and forget football altogether. Really................................
Just a crap rumour, can't imagine we old ign him to a 3 year contract just trade him out. If he was homesick he wouldn't have recommitted in the first place

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I agree Bring Back Mad Dog :wink:

The one I'm most interested in is this apparent mystery key defender that we have lined up. Who on earth could it be??????

Any suggestions?

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Cam Pederson?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:I agree Bring Back Mad Dog :wink:

The one I'm most interested in is this apparent mystery key defender that we have lined up. Who on earth could it be??????

Any suggestions?
Luke Thompson?

Legendary
Club Player

Stanley ain't going anywhere - has a great relationship with Watters, club has signed him for 3 years. Utter rubbish that we would ever trade him.

SMS
Club Player

if stanley goes as well as well as cripps and goddard ... omg see you in 10 years guys!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

maybe the mystery defender is the other Tippet

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Rookie listed three times? Does that ring warning bells?

lefty
Club Player

Hrm Ben Jacobs sounds alright too.. hrmm.. so interesting :P

Anymore news if Cripps is wanting to go or not? If so, just take Coby Stevens... don't reckon Brown is that good tbh. Plus, I wanna hear what a poster said a few pages back, Stevens handpasses to Steven :P lol

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:I agree Bring Back Mad Dog :wink:

Any suggestions?
Don't know, maybe Thompson, but whoever it is I hope he's 195cm or bigger

Watts the Buzz
Club Player

Royston wrote:I agree - if Caddy doesn't want to come surely there are other options out there.

I haven't noticed him too much while watching GC and I can't get out of my head that he (evidently) finished 17th in their B & F.

17th......doesn't sound like a gem to me whatever way you wish to sugar coat it !!!
Spot on, I'm sure there will be more talented guys available in the draft, even at pick 13, and they won't cost anywhere near as much as Caddy. Cannot understand what all the fuss is about!