Crab watch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Killa
Club Player

Re: Crab watch

BM hangs s*** on everything and anyone St Kilda

24/7

What a life!!!!

Just ignore and move on

Another debutant this week and we wish him well for a long and successful career at St Kilda

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 8:36pm
Mr Magic wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 8:31pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 8:28pm
Mr Magic wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2024 6:36pm How is paying Melbourne for Billing’s affecting any of our list payments this year?
Battle is under contract for this year at a contracted rate that is not affected by any other payment we make.
My understanding is that the payment to Melbourne will cease next year so it will have no effect on any negotiations with anybody, including Battle.
Besides, I thought the issue with Battle re-signing is one of length of contract rather than money?
Good intel, Philip (?)
Who’s Philip?
You remind me of someone I used to work with. :?

It was a Hail Mary. :wink:
All good, but I’m an Allan and not a Philip😀

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

loris wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2024 7:06pm
B.M wrote: Mon 10 Jun 2024 9:11pm I don’t think players get to AFL if they take short steps or consistently shirk contests

In fact I take umbrage at the thought any elite footballer is soft. There are degrees of hardness, that’s positional. But no one who’s got to the elite level is soft. Only people who haven’t played the game at any level would think such a thing.

Nearly everyone has occasionally has a look or pulled out but soft mean you wouldn’t win the footy. He does.

You don’t dominated TAC Cup to the point where you are an AA u18 play for Vic Metro and then get drafted as one of the best 3 juniors in the country if you’re soft.
You don’t get 54 possessions playing in the midfield at State League level if you’re soft
You certainly don’t play 165 AFL games if you’re soft
You don’t finish top 5 in a club B&F if you’re soft
You dont get 11 Brownlow votes in 2 separate seasons.

I think it is a ridiculous thought!
Jamie Cripps says hi 👋 Big Mart, Marto or what ever reincarnation you prefer.

Who dumped on an 18 year old kid, in his first season, miles away from home, learnt he had Type 2 diabetes a few weeks after he started pre-season training at the Saints? Who called him out for taking ‘short steps’ and soft, a skinny 18 year old kid? Reading such posts all those years ago, was the first time I’d heard the term ‘taking short steps’

And if I recollect correctly a ‘sook’ for wanting to return home to the West because of his medical condition. May not have been one of the above nomenclatures for word ‘sook’ but definitely lead the vigilante group on Jamie Crisp, without knowing the behind the scenes story of inept medical staff at the Saints at the time. Saints prepared to let him go for zilch or his parents were taking action.

IMHO even though I haven’t played AFL at a high level as is obviously a pre-requisite for having an opinion on a fan site, I think Jamie Crisp has turned out a more effective & skillful player for his team than Jack Billings has for the Saints over the years.

Just sayin…………..!!!!
And he's a 200 game, premiership player, two things Billings will never have on his resume.

We overlooked Jack Darling for him. Another masterstroke from our "recruiting guru", John Beveridge. We are still paying the price for his "expertise!"

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

See Sidebottom's specy re Dees. JB rocks up just as it's taken. Was ready for the spill that never came. Was unable to assist team mate with a spoil. A metaphor for his career. Looks busy, but....