Finey on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finey on SEN

Uhm sorry about that Fireman. I tend to get a bit aggressive at times. Nothing personal.

Just think that if there is any substance to Milne having issues about being forced to retire that I hope he is not spreading gossip about internal machinations within the club and private conversations

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:You know I'll say it again. If everything is as bleak as some of you are saying, the coach has lost the players, the admin are fighting with each other, the club is imploding .......

I'm still trying to find the list of all the players asking for trades and the bloke who obviously blackmailed Lendog in committing to another year.
Exactly tony; exactly.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Uhm sorry about that Fireman. I tend to get a bit aggressive at times. Nothing personal.

Just think that if there is any substance to Milne having issues about being forced to retire that I hope he is not spreading gossip about internal machinations within the club and private conversations
no probs scollop..I used be aggressive all the time...too old now :)
I hope that he wasn't forced to retire and if he was that s*** will leak out anyway.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Years ago, the Crows got rid of some crowd favourites -McGuinness; the guy with the boxer's nose, and one other. They said it may disenfranchise supporters but was necessary.
Lyon pushed Bakes out. There are lots of examples of clubs pushing popular guys off the pier.
We are on the outside, we see them 3 hours a week.
In every case, you HAVE to trust the judgement of the inner sanctum.
Why? They know more than we do. And unless your name is Shane Warne, and you can throw mega$ at the club, I'm afraid you can't help them decide who to keep.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
lefty
Club Player

lol scollop... i cbf replying.. rather get sleep than waste my time on a length post.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:What is he incoherently rambling about now???

Just said a whole bunch of nothing. Ranting and raving and only mentioned the sacking of Greg Hutchison.

Thanks for the negative publicity two days in a row.

Really serves a great purpose.
+100%
Guys like him love when we are down the bottom, makes them feel more comfortable.
Would rather whinge and moan.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Between this tosser and the Dwarf scenario that Essendon supplements thread has fallen half way down the page.
Two more "scandals" should see it off the front page altogether!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Scollop wrote:Uhm sorry about that Fireman. I tend to get a bit aggressive at times. Nothing personal.

I hope that he wasn't forced to retire and if he was that s*** will leak out anyway.
Heaps of big name players are forced to retire.
Dermie for one.
Libba
Chappy this year

He needed to go, form not good enough, too much baggage...
Was his time.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I wish I knew who this Finey guy is. He certainly knows how to rattle a cage. Appears to have a huge ego also.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Years ago, the Crows got rid of some crowd favourites -McGuinness; the guy with the boxer's nose, and one other. They said it may disenfranchise supporters but was necessary.
We need some quality kids and we need to push hard for a tilt at a top 4 finish in 2015/2016.
The legacy and failure of Ross Lyon with the failures of recycled players and hanging on to your older players should not be forgotten.

The architects of years gone by have created the templates and the blueprint for a potential crack at a flag. Flogs like Finey would've been on the bandwagon supporting the ousted Crows stars back in '96

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Blight

Geelong and Adelaide: A reputation is forged
Blight's arrival at the Crows at the end of the 1996 season was marked with dramatic effect, with the delisting of four ageing club stalwarts Tony McGuinness, Chris McDermott, Andrew Jarman, and Greg Anderson.[8] This attracted great criticism at the time, but Blight was vindicated by winning the AFL premiership in 1997, and again in 1998. He retired as coach at the end of the 1999 season after an unsuccessful year finishing 13th. To commemorate his legacy as Adelaide's first premiership coach, the club named their annual Best and Fairest award the Malcolm Blight Medal.
Last edited by Scollop on Tue 17 Sep 2013 11:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:I wish I knew who this Finey guy is. He certainly knows how to rattle a cage. Appears to have a huge ego also.
Little man syndrome!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:Years ago, the Crows got rid of some crowd favourites -McGuinness; the guy with the boxer's nose, and one other. They said it may disenfranchise supporters but was necessary.
We need some quality kids and we need to push hard for a tilt at a top 4 finish in 2015/2016.
The legacy and failure of Ross Lyon with the failures of recycled players and hanging on to your older players should not be forgotten.

The architects of years gone by have created the templates and the blueprint for a potential crack at a flag. Flogs like Finey would've been on the bandwagon supporting the ousted Crows stars back in '96

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Blight

Geelong and Adelaide: A reputation is forged
Blight's arrival at the Crows at the end of the 1996 season was marked with dramatic effect, with the delisting of four ageing club stalwarts Tony McGuinness, Chris McDermott, Andrew Jarman, and Greg Anderson.[8] This attracted great criticism at the time, but Blight was vindicated by winning the AFL premiership in 1997, and again in 1998. He retired as coach at the end of the 1999 season after an unsuccessful year finishing 13th. To commemorate his legacy as Adelaide's first premiership coach, the club named their annual Best and Fairest award the Malcolm Blight Medal.
Hope it's sooner but 2016 is more likely to be our 2003. If we can make top four by 2017 we've done very well.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
fingers
Saintsational Legend

I still don't get it you bunch of knob coats.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Dermie for one.
Libba
Chappy this year

Was his time.
well this is where we beg to differ. His input on the field was still at a standard that was competitive. His infectious zeal could only be helpful to the new kids coming through, off the field his positive input would be unquestionable. I sincerely believe he had at least one more season of servicable football left in him and atm our best option for small forward.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
maverick wrote:
The Fireman wrote: no probs scollop..I used be aggressive all the time...too old now :)
Dermie for one.
Libba
Chappy this year

Was his time.
well this is where we beg to differ. His input on the field was still at a standard that was competitive. His infectious zeal could only be helpful to the new kids coming through, off the field his positive input would be unquestionable. I sincerely believe he had at least one more season of servicable football left in him and atm our best option for small forward.
All might be true, but he holds a player back IMO.
He was very average this year, didn't look fit to me.
He could be just as helpful round the club as a part time assistant coach, without playing.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: All might be true, but he holds a player back IMO.
He was very average this year, didn't look fit to me.
He could be just as helpful round the club as a part time assistant coach, without playing.
When you perform as well as he for such a long period of time has it doesn't take much to look as though things have dropped off. Still our best option as a small forward so holding a player back shouldn't figure into it.
I know we are on the rebuild so these decisions are tough but I still believe we should remain competetive for the sake of membership and the psyche of our new ones.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sometimes you kick...

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Well I did a bit of investigating after Finey's bombshell, and it looks like he was right about Scott Watters lack of popularity. Scotts facebook page has 20 dislikes. Plus in the comments section someone has suggested he could work from home and earn $1000 a day so they must know he's going to get the sack. In the men's toilet at Linton Street someone has scrawled on a cubicle wall "SW is a knob coat" and "AR Rules!". It looked like Ledgers writing but I couldn't be sure. Apparently in the canteen he eats by himself softely singing "All by myself...." .There is a hurtful joke going around the club: "knock knock....who's there?.....Scott.....Scott who?......Scott no friends". Its a sorry state. :(

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
fingers wrote: Knob Coat?
I like that… "knob coat"

Apologies about the jacket pic, I didn't notice the weird one long arm…

I'll have another dip for you finey, ya knob coat

ImageImage
If the word "knobcoat" ever makes it into the English dictionary, let's all remember where it started.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:.......

To me Milney encapsulates everything I loathe about selfish footballers. A guy who made a name for himself and broke records out of being on the end of the hard work of his team mates for a large part of his career. He was embarrassing to watch when he attempted to baulk or sidestep or sell candy more times than he should have. It was embarrassing when he tried to kick miraculous goals from near impossible angles ( which obviously brought the house down with his 'goal of the year' contenders at times)...BUT he also costs the TEAM countless opportunities when he turned the footy over and kicked only 1 out of 6 of those stupid shots he attempted.
Not really one for abusing other posters so will just leave it at, 'you twat'.

Stephen Milne. 275 games. 35th in all-time AFL goalkickers. 3rd best of all-time amongst small forwards. Only L.Matthews and K.Bartlett ahead of him. Better than Bartlett by goals per game. Yep....embarrassing. Only kicked one in 6.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Scollop wrote:.......

To me Milney encapsulates everything I loathe about selfish footballers. A guy who made a name for himself and broke records out of being on the end of the hard work of his team mates for a large part of his career. He was embarrassing to watch when he attempted to baulk or sidestep or sell candy more times than he should have. It was embarrassing when he tried to kick miraculous goals from near impossible angles ( which obviously brought the house down with his 'goal of the year' contenders at times)...BUT he also costs the TEAM countless opportunities when he turned the footy over and kicked only 1 out of 6 of those stupid shots he attempted.
Not really one for abusing other posters so will just leave it at, 'you twat'.

Stephen Milne. 275 games. 35th in all-time AFL goalkickers. 3rd best of all-time amongst small forwards. Only L.Matthews and K.Bartlett ahead of him. Better than Bartlett by goals per game. Yep....embarrassing. Only kicked one in 6.
Fair call. He was a champ but his time had come and I'm glad the club retired him now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

When I was younger..... I never needed anyone..
Kicking goals was just for fun..,
Those days are gone....

“Yeah….nah””
saintly
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Dermie for one.
Libba
Chappy this year

Was his time.

didak, Jolly kraker all pushed out.

its not new. Finey should get over living in the past.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:I wish I knew who this Finey guy is. He certainly knows how to rattle a cage. Appears to have a huge ego also.
Little man syndrome!
Amen

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:When I was younger..... I never needed anyone..
Kicking goals was just for fun..,
Those days are gone....

Yep. Time to move on. No issues with Milney retiring - forced or otherwise.
But some respect for what he achieved is called for. Came off the rookie list to be the third most successful small forward of all-time. You could even argue the most successful as Matthews and Bartlett were both first and foremost a 'Rover' in the days before that term was replaced by 'Mid-fielder'. He also kicked a good percentage of his goals during the 'flooding' era, something L.M and K.B never had to contend with.