Court case

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Juries hear all the actual evidence from the witnessess, victims, accused etc. Reporters take notes but don't necessarily report all that goes on, so what you read in the papers and see on TV is not always the full or accurate story for whatever reason the media sees fit. The jury makes its mind up on the strength or weakness of all the evidence.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

mullet wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
mullet wrote:Apparantly Lovett had sex with another woman after the alleged incident and according to the herald sun.

Obviously he was hurt at the eligations.
I don't know what an "Eligation" is, so I am assuming you are referring to allegations.

My question is, "How long do you expect him to be celibate?"
Seeing that it was his defense that he felt hurt and upset by the way he was being treated by those at the apartment would think that finding another woman and having sex with her would be the last thing on his mind.

But who am I, would think this information should have been given to the jury though.

Anyway he has been found not guilty so good luck to him

Oh so sorry about spelling mistake should I be banned
Try answering the question.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
mullet wrote: Oh so sorry about spelling mistake should I be banned
maybe for having a mullet, or just being a mullet.

Not a blind mullet per chance? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

and not one spaling misteak

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:P

FOOTBALLER Andrew Lovett's ex-girlfriend claims she feared she would die as he held her hostage and bashed her.

Ms Watson told the Herald Sun Lovett bombarded her with 180 text messages for two months after their tumultuous breakup on February 4 last year.

In one, he allegedly said he was a "special person" who "could probably get away with murder".

pretty true...what he said....

:roll: :roll: :evil:
Awww Stinger, that's low even for you.

You are reporting hearsay on what he allegedly said and implying that he did in fact "get away with murder" in regard to this case.

The verdict was "Not Guilty"; accept it and move on, and don't muddy the waters with your churlish bias.
and you know where you can go creep.....not guilty has never meant innocent ....and i will never regard f****** a drunk girl as okay....the guys an animal....
If there is any problems with the Australian Justice System, it is because creeps like you inhabit it.

Accept the verdict. We have got past vigilante's stringing up the nearest black man in this country.

Well, some of us have..... :roll:
don't bring race into it lowlife ....f****** a drunk girl is a low act...whether you are black white or poka- dotted, clown....you have been defending this creep right from the start ..but we know your history don't we... :roll: :roll: :roll:

accept the verdict.????..not on your nellie...and i hope the dpp don't either....that's what appeal courts are for...or are you going to insult them and call them racist also...moron.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Mon 25 Jul 2011 5:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Richter wrote:
Hardly. He's just saying what many of us think.

It is well known that rape cases are difficult to get to court, never mind to prosecute. Why is that? Is it because the women are in the habit of lying about being raped? Is it likely that a woman would put herself through the trauma of going through a court case, on top of the original trauma? What are the benefits for the woman of doing that?

I don't think so. It is a travesty that because of the verdict in this high profile case that there are young blokes out there who will think it is fair game to have a crack at a drunken, nearly comatose woman for sex, and that it will further put assaulted women off seeking legal redress for crimes that are committed against them.

I'm sorry that it offends you GO, but for some of us this is a sad day for society and diminishes our respect for the legal system.
as they say mate...don't let the bed bugs bite...some here think that just because a jury acquits you, you are as pure as the newly born and that sh!t never sticks...bet the same posters wouldn't let this prick go out with their daughters though.....

to me lovett is in the same situation as that woman who was just acquitted of murdering her daughter in the good old u s of a....and for the uniformed and uneducated on here...think o j
You are now comparing this to OJ. My god you have no idea and the more you write the more people see that. The jury may get convictions wrong but you me and everyone apart from 2 people have no idea if this one is wrong. Also dont talk in the third person. And for the uniformed and uneducated on here.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I think the moderators should lock this one now

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

FOOTBALLER Andrew Lovett's ex-girlfriend claims she feared she would die as he held her hostage and bashed her.

Ms Watson told the Herald Sun Lovett bombarded her with 180 text messages for two months after their tumultuous breakup on February 4 last year.

In one, he allegedly said he was a "special person" who "could probably get away with murder".

You are reporting hearsay on what he allegedly said and implying that he did in fact "get away with murder" in regard to this case.

The verdict was "Not Guilty"; accept it and move on, and don't muddy the waters with your churlish bias.
and you know where you can go creep.....not guilty has never meant innocent ....and i will never regard f****** a drunk girl as okay....the guys an animal....
If there is any problems with the Australian Justice System, it is because creeps like you inhabit it.

Accept the verdict. We have got past vigilante's stringing up the nearest black man in this country.

GO, just let it go, the absolute stupidity of some isn't worth it. Some think we came down in the last shower and thhink that an acquittal means that someone can never be guilty of the crime accused of :roll:

What a fkn cheek. Of course that happens, nobody has said our system is perfect. But to blithely state this bloke is guilty a couple of hours after a jury who has heard all the evidence, and who has been directed by a judge, has found him not guilty is incredibly pathetic.

For years minorities like aborigines had evidence fabricated about them, or were verballed. Sound like some on here would prefer that to still be occurring.

hard to believe with the type of idiocy I have heard spouted by a certain poster that they can still try to convince us that they practice law of any kind. It seems that they dont understand even the basic fundamentals :roll:

Just give it up GO. Some think it is a great joke to wind you up on this. Must be really getting their jollies.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

don't bring race into it lowlife ....f****** a drunk girl is a low act...whether you are black white or poka- dotted, clown....you have been defending this creep right from the start ..but we know your history don't we... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Race always is the sub-text in your posts Stinger. About time you admitted it.

I defended a person who had been accused but not convicted, against a flock of sheep who had already convicted, hung, drawn, and quartered him.

I'd do it for you if you were in the same situation.

The verdict is in, accept it and move on.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

some pple on here don't have a f****** clue.....just for the record...a text sent from the defendants phone and subsequently accepted into evidence is hardly hearsay ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I think the moderators should lock this one now
Fair call.

Very shaky ground here, folk are entitled to their private speculations, but the guy was found not guilty by a jury (you know, the people who actually heard the evidence) and that's that.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:some pple on here don't have a f****** clue.....just for the record...a text sent from the defendants phone and subsequently accepted into evidence is hardly hearsay ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Not relevant here Sting, and stop editing your posts after I have replied to them to make yourself look clever.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

I defended a person who had been accused but not convicted, against a flock of sheep who had already convicted, hung, drawn, and quartered him.

call me a racist to my face in qld on saturday night...i have your photo so i know how to catch up with you.....i don't have to accept anything...and i certainly won't be taking advice from scum like you....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:some pple on here don't have a f****** clue.....just for the record...a text sent from the defendants phone and subsequently accepted into evidence is hardly hearsay ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Not relevant here Sting, and stop editing your posts after I have replied to them to make yourself look clever.

bulls***...i edit my post to suit my point of view creep or to add something i forgot......nothing to do with a dumdarse like you ....

"
You are reporting hearsay on what he allegedly said and implying that he did in fact "get away with murder" in regard to this case. '
'

it is highly relevant to this forum as it would have been excluded evidence in a court of law.....and ...as i said ...hardly hearsay ffs... :evil:
Last edited by stinger on Mon 25 Jul 2011 5:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

call me a racist to my face in qld on saturday night...i have your photo so i know how to catch up with you.....i don't have to accept anything...and i certainly won't be taking advice from scum like you....
You have my photo?....... I didn't know you cared.

I'll autograph it for you.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Fair call.

Very shaky ground here, folk are entitled to their private speculations, but the guy was found not guilty by a jury (you know, the people who actually heard the evidence) and that's that.
Yup it should be locked or taken off the football forum to the cesspool of the GF where one fould mouth aggressive troll can crap on to their hearts content without the rest of us having to read the BS and aggressive drivvel he posts :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

You have my photo?....... I didn't know you cared.

I think Zac Attack is doing that.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Can I have one too?

Lance or James??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Juries hear all the actual evidence from the witnessess, victims, accused etc. Reporters take notes but don't necessarily report all that goes on, so what you read in the papers and see on TV is not always the full or accurate story for whatever reason the media sees fit. The jury makes its mind up on the strength or weakness of all the evidence.
"or on their own experiences and prejudices...as in..
"there for the grace of i go i ".....mentality...

picking juries as become an art form in the u s of a....more effort goes into it than anything else...for good f****** reason....

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Richter wrote: Hardly. He's just saying what many of us think.

It is well known that rape cases are difficult to get to court, never mind to prosecute. Why is that? Is it because the women are in the habit of lying about being raped? Is it likely that a woman would put herself through the trauma of going through a court case, on top of the original trauma? What are the benefits for the woman of doing that?

I don't think so. It is a travesty that because of the verdict in this high profile case that there are young blokes out there who will think it is fair game to have a crack at a drunken, nearly comatose woman for sex, and that it will further put assaulted women off seeking legal redress for crimes that are committed against them.

I'm sorry that it offends you GO, but for some of us this is a sad day for society and diminishes our respect for the legal system.
Terrible response Richter.

Dispite the star chambers and kangaroo courts going on here, we have a rule of law in Australia and one of the tenets is the accused has the presumption of innocence and the proscetution has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the crime was committed.

Nobody here sat on the jury. Nobody here heard all of the evidence.

The prosecution obviously could not prove "beyond reasonable doubt" that lovett committed the crime he was accused of.

I for one, am happy we have this type of legal system in Australia and that presumption of innocence will be applied to me or my loved one if accused of a crime.

The evidence was tested and found wanting.

Or maybe the police should have fabricated evidence against Lovett. After all that has happened for years to minority groups like aborigines.

maybe the police should have done what the Brits did to the Guildford four and Birmingham six, after all they were just paddy bastards who "probably did it anyway".

Yes it is hard to get a rape conviction. Yes it is traumatic for a victim of a sexual assault.

But to blithely dismiss the ruling of a jury on available evidence smacks of gross smallmindedness.

Wholly disgusted with the ignorance displayed on this thread.
You make some reasonable points JB (though I think that the comparison with the Birm 6 and Guild 4 are stretching it a bit).

I don't take back what I said though.

It is a fact that the majority of rapists are NOT brought to justice. That has been well established. Why are they not? IMO there is clearly a systemac bias against women who are sexually assaulted. By taking that viewpoint it is only logical to say that the systemic bias must be made up of individual incorrect verdicts.

I'm sorry that by saying that I am not going along with the prevailing political patriarchy. You can call that ignorant if you like, but I prefer to think of it as an avowedly feminist critique of the status quo which holds some merit.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I think Zac Attack is doing that.
Mabye ZA and GO can set up a card table for autograph hunters.

lol - can you imagine the cleaner trapsing through the ground on the GC peering at a grainy photo trying to spot Grumpy One.

Of FFS, its too much, my sides are aching :D :D :D

Lance or James??

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Can I have one too?
Of course Joff, but you have to provide the photo yourself, I don't carry them around with me.

Just to help out, I'm Brad Pitt's body double.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:
Fair call.

Yup it should be locked or taken off the football forum to the cesspool of the GF where one fould mouth aggressive troll can crap on to their hearts content without the rest of us having to read the BS and aggressive drivvel he posts :roll:

"joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul 4:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
GrumpyOne wrote:
Is it just me or is Stinger especially offensive lately?

Full moon, time of the month or what?

the abuse was from a year ago, but it is probably just the same today.

And anyway who knows, I dont read that idiots posts, I just skip straight over them. You can only read so much BS from that fraud before it is all the same."

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

_________________ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

there are some bullsh!t artists on this forum....ffs... :roll: :evil:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote: It is a fact that the majority of rapists are NOT brought to justice. That has been well established. Why are they not? IMO there is clearly a systemac bias against women who are sexually assaulted. By taking that viewpoint it is only logical to say that the systemic bias must be made up of individual incorrect verdicts.
I understand this, but the facts are, unless you want us to throw out our system of justice and just lynch accused rapists, we have to use the system of law in our land.

And regardless of majority cases, this is an individual case, where all the evidence presented to the court was tested and found wanting.

Lovett has alway had the presumption of innocence and has now had that confirmed by a court of law.
Richter wrote:I'm sorry that by saying that I am not going along with the prevailing political patriarchy. You can call that ignorant if you like, but I prefer to think of it as an avowedly feminist critique of the status quo which holds some merit.
I am sure the sisters fell gratified by your support, however, and even if i support that view, Lovett is entitled, under our laws, to his day in court, to have a presumption of innocence, and to have a jury of peers arrive at a verdict after hearing all the presented evidence.

you and the sisters can have an opinion, but unless you want to overthrow the government, change the presumption of innocence, and make up admissable evidence - just like the Guildford 4 or Birm 6, I think we all should live under the Australian system of law, not some sort of totalitarian star chamber or lynch mob mentality.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Can I have one too?
Of course Joff, but you have to provide the photo yourself, I don't carry them around with me.

Stop calling me a racist or i will say FFS and :evil: :evil: :evil: all over you

Oh BTW interesting that the idiot stinger thinks I read his posts when it has been yours I have been reading (I skimmed his pathetci drivvel in your quote).

the man is truly a psychotic fool. BTW wouldn't be too worried about his intimidation and threats. I have read the PM's between him and Milton66 and saw the internet bully's bluff well and truly called :D

In fact he s.hit himself. Was hilarious.

Lance or James??

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Can I have one too?

Stop calling me a racist or i will say FFS and :evil: :evil: :evil: all over you
But I also body double for Denzil Washington!