Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BaysideSaint
Club Player

the monothetic power vaccuum that is the carlton footy club has been molested.
the code is that the family and the almighty judd are not to be put in a corner and forced to justify anything.
anyone who sits outside of the code is liable.

Schillaci
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:can already see the headline....

Fev leaves his blues behind to become a saint 8-) 8-)
A little amusing that a Carlton Bad Boy may find a new home at the Saints who have a better culture.....Let him stay at Carlton. Let em rot. :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Changed my mind on getting Fev. I now think we should by giving them Goose and maybe a second or third round pick. If they arent interested in that maybe Gwilt and Leigh Fisher plus a third round pick. Lets make it happen.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

He'll be at Collingwood. They have no shame, they need a forward who can catch, bad boys can do as they please there, they can send the overpaid underwhelming Travis Choke back to his brother along with the underperformed Neon Leon and/or the completely overrated Jack Anthony. Eddie has been dry-rooting Fev for years and corrupt pig he is he'll find a way to make up the coin. Fev'll be in black and white without any shadow of a doubt in my view.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Anyone remember Karl Norman?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Anyone remember Karl Norman?
Yes - 3rd rounder

Schillaci
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Anyone remember Karl Norman?
Laurence Angwin's mate.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Yes.

Who was the third wheel?

If the board didn't want Cuz, the board won't want the other wheel.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:He'll be at Collingwood. They have no shame, they need a forward who can catch, bad boys can do as they please there, they can send the overpaid underwhelming Travis Choke back to his brother along with the underperformed Neon Leon and/or the completely overrated Jack Anthony. Eddie has been dry-rooting Fev for years and corrupt pig he is he'll find a way to make up the coin. Fev'll be in black and white without any shadow of a doubt in my view.
I tend to agree.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
And to those prima donnas who are going to chuck in their membership - fine - do it. We dont need your type of idiotic support.
Never a truer sentiment was expressed on SS. Agree 100%

Carna Saints!!!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

SENsaintsational wrote:Yes.
If the board didn't want Cuz, the board won't want the other wheel.
Andrew Thompson stated we changed our mind last minute due to medical advice on his hammys

Before Im 85
ace
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
Thinline wrote:He'll be at Collingwood. They have no shame, they need a forward who can catch, bad boys can do as they please there, they can send the overpaid underwhelming Travis Choke back to his brother along with the underperformed Neon Leon and/or the completely overrated Jack Anthony. Eddie has been dry-rooting Fev for years and corrupt pig he is he'll find a way to make up the coin. Fev'll be in black and white without any shadow of a doubt in my view.
I tend to agree.
Salary caps only apply to money that goes through the clubs books.
Supporters are free to do what they like.
He will be at Collingwood and a mysterious black and white envelope with no return address will fall into his letter box every month.

AND a member of Collingwood's coterie group will get extra special treatment for no apparent reason.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Milton66
SS Life Member

Nice to see the Messiah complex alive and kicking...

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

You'd think if Carlton genuinely want Fev out that they'd want someone tall in exchange. Imagine their team if they got Ball and a draft pick (on top of Brock McLean going to them). They'd have the best midfield in the league and virtually no forward line. It would be like us in the GF. About 60 inside 50's per game, but only kicking about 9 goals a game. It would be hilarious!
We may be in one of the best positions because we can offer Goose, who could play forward, or could free up Jarrad Waite to go forward.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
realdeal
Club Player

Players like Fev don't don't become available everyday so we have a duty of care to at least look into it. I'd say he'd only come to us if carlton paid part of his salary.

He is a bigger fwd than we need however we were comfortable having allen in our team so not much different.

It would mean Roo can cruise around the ground more but will Fev provide enough pressure. I was actually thinking of who defences would play on our 3 fwds and it made me smile.

Geelong.
Roo-Taylor
Kosi-Scarlett
Fev- ??? Milburn, lol.

Dogs.
Roo-Morris
Kosi-Lake
Fev-?? Everitt, lol.

try doing that for every team and you'll see that either fev or kosi ends up with a 3rd rate defender that they would dominate.

He will be 29 next year but he's fit and should have 3-4 good years left. It's just a matter of talking to him and seeing where he's at in regards to playing second fiddle to roo and embracing our team ethos. Roo and kosi could alternate between lead up the ground fwds maybe. Another problem is that its a big change to our structure and Fev can only play the one position.

And what would we give up? 1st pick and Ball, 1st pick and Maguire?

Its a tantalising thought though isn't it, glad im not making the decision....

:?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Gee when I was young if the media had been watching me I would have been the greatest d*&^head of all time.

The guy abused some AFL stars and was sleazy with a female. So he didn't exactly rob a bank (or a dry cleaner).

He is a genuine star and would actually work well as the quick lead up forward- something he does well. He may not be mid size but plays that role well.

His lack of smarts may actually be what stops him over thinking before he kicks.

It would be remiss of us not to look at him at least.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

.. if Fev comes willingly, painlessly and cheap - why not ? - we will have a FF that can kick 80 plus goals.

But I'd rather focus on our main deficiency - recruiting/finding a fast medium sized goal kicking forward preferably 2 ( one for each half forward flank).

Hopefully Heyne can develop as one , he has lightning quick reflexes - i like the way he can quickly scoop on the ball and send it goalward in an instant - just needs to drop the ball neater on his foot when at full pace.

He may have the makings of a great half forward flanker.

Milton66
SS Life Member

The problem with developing your own, is that it will take time.

To win a flag, you need hardbodies. So unless we someone who is physically ready like Gwilt, then you'd look at a ready made recruit.

Developing Heyne or Lynch won't help us next year.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
samoht
Saintsational Legend

i agree go after a ready made player first for the all important half forward flank position (hopefully we will find one) - as kids do take time..

i just think Heyne may have the right attributes for the position and may become our second half forward flanker ? -
and Murphy of the WB has shown you don't really need a big body if you have the necessary attributes .
Last edited by samoht on Thu 01 Oct 2009 2:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

reincarnated

Milton66 wrote:Nice to see the Messiah complex alive and kicking...
Bingo game set match...wait

HOW DARE YOU! WE HAVE NO MESSIAH COMPLEX ALTHOUGH BEN COUSINS WOULD HAVE WON THE GAME FOR US

samoht
Saintsational Legend

The problem with a Messiah is he can be triple tagged.

You need mutiple Messiahs - that's what you call a Messiah complex/network.

markp
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:

HOW DARE YOU! WE HAVE NO MESSIAH COMPLEX ALTHOUGH BEN COUSINS WOULD HAVE WON THE GAME FOR US
Only Wayne Judson and SP2008 believed in such an outdated and irrelevant concept... wonder what happened to them?

reincarnated

markp wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

Only Wayne Judson and SP2008 believed in such an outdated and irrelevant concept... wonder what happened to them?
According to you. Reincarnated has only met a few posters on here and knows nothing about the two previously mentioned

markp
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
markp wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

According to you. Reincarnated has only met a few posters on here and knows nothing about the two previously mentioned
You have actually mentioned them both before champ....

For your sake I hope you're not SP2008, he was a vile little ignoramus.

matrix
Saintsational Legend