Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

busso mick
Club Player

Re: trade rumours

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
St Ick wrote:I had a dream that we took Scharenberg, Bontompelli, Harvey, Allir Allir and Langdon in the draft.

I need to stop reading about the draft before I go to bed!
i like Allir Allir ..... reckon he would become an instant cult favorite
I immediately think of the Cat Empire's Hello Hello song which could be adapted to "Allir Allir" whenever he kicks the ball.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Calais wrote:Saints one of a few clubs to ask Dale Thomas to undergo a physical.

Staggering really.
What for FFS??

I'd rather keep Dal - if so we are in trouble imo

“Yeah….nah””
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Calais wrote:Saints one of a few clubs to ask Dale Thomas to undergo a physical.

Staggering really.
What for FFS??

Rather keep Dal to, but if they are asking him to take a physical does that mean they are advanced in discussions, you would think Thomas wouldn't bother doing a physical for us if he wasn't seriously considering coming to us.

I love this club
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Staggering really.
What for FFS??

In trouble?
We just finished 3rd bottom - ahead of Melbourne and GWS and with one of the older lists in the comp.
We are already 'in trouble'

The question now is - what are we going to do about getting out of trouble?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i'll never foret when goddard flattened daisy in the prellim. just dont rate him. skillful yes and vastly improved since then but i dont think he is what we need

#1 Ryder fan
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I don't see any point us getting anyone over 25.
We may as well have kept BJ .
Daisy waste if money and time for us.

older saint
SS Life Member

GWS interested in Fisher.

Package 3 and Fisher for 1 and 3rd rounder ?

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Evidently Patton is being shopped around!

PADDLEPOP1000
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Evidently Patton is being shopped around!

Should be a priority for us.

We are in position to trade big time with GWS with Bruce and Fisher in play.

Bruce, Patton and #9 for Fisher and #3

Heartbeat

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
older saint
SS Life Member

Patton knees must be a major concern. ACL both knees and degrenerative condition that required OS treatment. Look at Roo and the effect it has had on him over the past few years . Patton heavier and must be a risk. Don't want the next David Schwatrz

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Evidently Patton is being shopped around!

Should be a priority for us.

We are in position to trade big time with GWS with Bruce and Fisher in play.

Bruce, Patton and #9 for Fisher and #3

Heartbeat
Have to disagree Joffa. I wokd like Paton but I don't think we should give away that no 3 spot, especially with his seriously dodg knees.

I love this club
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Patton knees must be a major concern. ACL both knees and degrenerative condition that required OS treatment. Look at Roo and the effect it has had on him over the past few years . Patton heavier and must be a risk. Don't want the next David Schwatrz

Hmmm - didn't know it was both knees.

How about Cameron and Bruce and #9 for #3 and Fisher :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Munga
Saintsational Legend

If they're offering Patton, buyer beware! I wouldn't be giving up more than a third round pick for those knees.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Munga wrote:If they're offering Patton, buyer beware! I wouldn't be giving up more than a third round pick for those knees.
3rd Roun?!!!...

The kid is 2 years out from the #1 draft spot, and is still young enough to recover fully... Judd has shocking shoulder coming into his footy career, his luck turned and the rest is history...

I'm not keen on moving on our #3 pick, but in a package like what JB put up, it has to be entertained.. Would love Patton on our list, almost at any price...

lefty
Club Player

Stuff that, don't get rid of Dal. Getting rid of Dal is like Geelong getting rid of Bartel. FFS, we already lost Goddard and Ball. What kind of message does this club send by getting good players, then knowing that you'll be dumped when your 29-30 after giving it everything and still wanting to?

Dal played well the second half of the season, I don't expect a 19 or 20 yr old to be able to have the same class as Dal. I like Adoms but not going to sacrifice Dal. Getting rid of Dal is basically putting a dagger into the heart of this club, trade he or and Lenny and the place won't be the same.

I don't understand how S.Fisher is on $400K a year, needs to take a pay cut and stay put, he's our only large defender.

If anything, I'd be worried about Gwilt. I don't want Krakour, or Nathan Brown, they're all duds, even Daisy Thomas is a dud.

Pick #3 needs to be used on a gun midfield, we need a Wingard....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

If it's not just paper talk then Carlton is also sniffing around North looking to trade for the same Delaney we are.

That's a lot of attention for a 2nd's player. :shock: :shock:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

If you recruit Patton and he makes a full recovery and goes on to be a power forward who dominates for the next 10 years you are lauded as a genius. If fate deals him more injury, you are the footy worlds laughing stock

Classic high risk high reward scenario.Not really what we need but It's not often you can get a #1 draft pick on your roster. We should roll the dice and make a play for him because we will likely get another top 3 draft pick next year anyway.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:If they're offering Patton, buyer beware! I wouldn't be giving up more than a third round pick for those knees.

We had a number one draft pick that didn't get played in his first year because of a knee injury. Imagine if Brisbane had offered up an ageing say Voss because I can't think of one of their ageing ones at the time. We took the old star got a few more good years and Roo was still kicking goals at Brissie. I would roll the dice on him.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Just to clarify, Patton has had one reco & missed half of last year with patella tendonitis.

Get? YES

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Wouldn't trying to get Boyd be better? I think Boyd could be a player of a generation--we would be muppets to not try and land him!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:Wouldn't trying to get Boyd be better? I think Boyd could be a player of a generation--we would be muppets to not try and land him!
They would probably want pick 3, dal santo, fisher & mcevoy in return.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

That is a steep price to pay, but if we got Bruce and Pick 1, and still retained McEvoy, I think that isn't a bad deal. Dal Santo and Fisher are at the ends of their careers. I think a heavy price is worthy of a potential flag winner like Boyd.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

busso mick wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
St Ick wrote:I had a dream that we took Scharenberg, Bontompelli, Harvey, Allir Allir and Langdon in the draft.

I need to stop reading about the draft before I go to bed!
i like Allir Allir ..... reckon he would become an instant cult favorite
I immediately think of the Cat Empire's Hello Hello song which could be adapted to "Allir Allir" whenever he kicks the ball.
Personally never been keen on Harvey or Allir Allir, but I guess we could do a lot worse than those 5! Has anyone else had similar dreams? I rarely have 'prediction' dreams, so I'm finding it fascinating.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Staggering really.
What for FFS??

In trouble?
We just finished 3rd bottom - ahead of Melbourne and GWS and with one of the older lists in the comp.
We are already 'in trouble'

The question now is - what are we going to do about getting out of trouble?
Just cause we are in trouble finishing 3rd last doesn't mean we aren't in any further danger of prolonging that pain with dumb decisions.

To potentially recruit an injured (and struggling big time to get over it ) outside receiver who lets face it turns up with flashy brilliance when his teams on top is IMO a dumb decision. Coupled with the fact his age profile will see him almost retired before we seriously challenge and the reality we will pay top dollar.

If that's the case keep a very polished, injury resilient Dal santo for 2 more and bring in the kids

Geezus Daisy Thomas that would be a joke and Scott playing 'matey mates' again (see TDL)

“Yeah….nah””
starsign
Club Player

If they are shopping Patton about they would have Boyd pencilled in, so you can forget him I recon