Has anyone heard any rumours regarding an investigation into

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Yes. Well done collingwood for using drugs successfully.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Leo.J
SS Life Member

saint_winston wrote:If the rumour is true then it's just another example of the club in question being at the cutting edge of player conditioning in the afl competition. for example, they were the first to realise the benefits of altitude training some years back while the rest of us sniggered away

i don't know why some of us seem so excited about the possibility that it is true. Even if it is they have done nothnig wrong. Can we please get that into our heads people. the levels found are reportedly well below that considered illegal even if they are somewhat elevated. if it gave them an edge in the grand final replay, then all i can say is why wasn't our club doing it as well? maybe we should be looking at trying to poach the likes of david buttifant if our current sports science people are not up to it?
I'm not excited about it, I'm more concerned about it TBH.

So now unless you are willing to take performance enhancing drugs you will not be able to compete at the highest level in our sport.

If this becomes the case and the AFL don't do something about this...they are a joke.

They were willing to compromise the game as we knew it by removing alot of the physicality, changing rule after rule, all in the name of cleaning up the image of the game, and to market the game, yet they may be willing to allow performance enhancing drugs.

Given that this is still a rumour I'm amazed that some people don't have a problem with it if it's true.

I have 2 young boys who love footy, but if our game turns into a game, like baseball, or cycling where drugs are accepted as part of the game, I'll be guiding them in a different direction.

At the moment I have enough trouble explaining why I care so much about a game that already has so many inequalities and so much hypocracy anyway... add drugs to that and I'm done.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

It seems Saint_Winston of Collingwood knows a bit about the fact.

Seems like the rumour may be true after all.

Somewhat elevated hey.

Hmmmmmmmmmm....................

HGH being used in the AFL, if true, mind you, will destroy the competition.

For Saint_Collingwood of Winston to say we should get on the gear like, he states Collingwood have done just shows that the integrity of the comp is completley compromised.

No wonder the AFL is attempting to hose down this alleged scandal (if what Saint_Collingwood of Collingwood says is true of course, and thats a very big if...).

Somewhat elevated.........

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint_winston
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:It seems Saint_Winston of Collingwood knows a bit about the fact.

Seems like the rumour may be true after all.

Somewhat elevated hey.

Hmmmmmmmmmm....................

HGH being used in the AFL, if true, mind you, will destroy the competition.

For Saint_Collingwood of Winston to say we should get on the gear like, he states Collingwood have done just shows that the integrity of the comp is completley compromised.

No wonder the AFL is attempting to hose down this alleged scandal (if what Saint_Collingwood of Collingwood says is true of course, and thats a very big if...).

Somewhat elevated.........
please don't associate my name with the filth. while i may hate them there has to be some element of begrudging respect, just as there was with the cats before them, and that is all that was showing through in my post

i am just posting what i have heard around the traps. reading through this thread and some other websites what i have heard is clearly what some others have heard as well. it may be pure rumour and all BS, it may be true. i certainly have no idea whether it is or not, and most likely neither do any of the other posters on here

i'm just telling people what i have heard. and if they haven't broken any rules then i just don't understand what people are up in arms about. if iget breath tested tonight and blow .03 i have done nothing wrong. same principle. and it is no secret in footy circles that buttifant is the leading sports science guy in the business so it would be no surprise at all to me if it was true. i just wish it was us for once that could gain some sort of edge over the rest

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Elevated levels?

http://www.asada.gov.au/publications/me ... eamine.pdf

Not that I believe the rumour, but in regards to HGH, isn't it just positive or negative?

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

The story will be broken by a major Melbourne daily very shortly. They're just tidying up some legalities before it's printed.

Good call by those who brought it up on this forum.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:The story will be broken by a major Melbourne daily very shortly. They're just tidying up some legalities before it's printed.

not according to the AFL
http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/blog-with-d ... 1aaub.html

when anderson had no problems putting the saints right into it...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
cwrcyn wrote:The story will be broken by a major Melbourne daily very shortly. They're just tidying up some legalities before it's printed.

not according to the AFL
http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/blog-with-d ... 1aaub.html

when anderson had no problems putting the saints right into it...
AA obviously picks on us.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Now this will be interesting given the AFL's insistence it isnt....

“Yeah….nah””
markp
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

I'd expect the story would be the story, rather than any actual facts.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:

I'd expect the story would be the story, rather than any actual facts.
...but thats ok apaprently so long as it pots Collingwood and not St Kilda

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

satchmo wrote:Yes. Well done collingwood for using drugs successfully.
Quote of the year Satch. :roll:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
satchmo wrote:Yes. Well done collingwood for using drugs successfully.
Quote of the year Satch. :roll:
Why are we tolerating 1400+ posts from this Collingwood troll?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

c'mon....

everyone knows that 15 AFL clubs are completely clean from drugs, sex and rock and roll..... so I assume the rumour is about stkilda :wink:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SideshowMilne
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Elevated levels?

http://www.asada.gov.au/publications/me ... eamine.pdf

Not that I believe the rumour, but in regards to HGH, isn't it just positive or negative?
Article dated October 2010 hmmmm.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

What a load of Garbage!

I'm still waiting to be confirmed that a certain Coleman medalist has had his third strike. Wasn't that the story on here last year?

Something like this could not be covered up. It would be known to the AFL by now if it were true.

Senseless rumour mongering.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:What a load of Garbage!

I'm still waiting to be confirmed that a certain Coleman medalist has had his third strike. Wasn't that the story on here last year?

Something like this could not be covered up. It would be known to the AFL by now if it were true.

Senseless rumour mongering.
100% true. We need to look at other reasons we lost the GF. Maybe we just found out yesterday.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

can the mods kill this thread.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

100% true. We need to look at other reasons we lost the GF. Maybe we just found out yesterday.
I thought we had know for a while that Gardi did his hammy on the day...and that players like Dal played injured as the next tier down were injured too?????????????

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

When? Bring it on!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:

When? Bring it on!
Believe it when I see it and even then I'd doubt its worth but either way isn't it interesting how IF this story sees the light of day that the alleged club in question has had nigh on a month to prepare for it.

Other clubs simply are not afforded the luxury.

We, in particular, are slam dunked by the spurious allegations of a well-known troubled teenager and kiwi liar/extortionist as their bulls*** flies.

To be honest I don't really care any more. The whole facade is so flagrantly transparent i'm learning to read between the lines before I even look at the page.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:

When? Bring it on!
Believe it when I see it and even then I'd doubt its worth but either way isn't it interesting how IF this story sees the light of day that the alleged club in question has had nigh on a month to prepare for it.

We, in particular, are slam dunked by the spurious allegations of a well-known troubled teenager and kiwi liar/extortionist as their bulls*** flies.

To be honest I don't really care any more. The whole facade is so flagrantly transparent i'm learning to read between the lines before I even look at the page.
Very true. This would be front page news if it was us make no mistake

Amazing how the two filth players rape scandal was swept under the carpet and never to be heard about again until last week when they were cleared. How is there no innuendo for the last three months about it? Money talks

Bring back the Lockett era
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Thinline wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:

When? Bring it on!

Very true. This would be front page news if it was us make no mistake

Amazing how the two filth players rape scandal was swept under the carpet and never to be heard about again until last week when they were cleared. How is there no innuendo for the last three months about it? Money talks
It's a fair point, Jonesy. Milne and Montagna are pilloried five years down the track as guilty despite not being proven so. McCarthy and Beams, so far, simply walk around as if nothing is happened.

I'd venture to say that if roles were reversed there'd be John Silvester (Age Crime writer) doing a feature on the pair saying how murky the whole thing was, how horribly emotive the burden of proof is in sex assault cases and how the whole sorry saga leaves a very sorry taste. In the end the insinuation would be that the two players were bloody lucky to dodge a bullet.

But nup...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint_winston
Club Player

move on boys. who gives a sh!t when all is said and done

the HGH rumour was obviously bullsh!t and beams and mccarthy didn't get charged. do either of those facts have a bearing on us launching an assault on the 2011 flag? i wouldn't have thought so

Mackaysaint
Club Player

Re: Has anyone heard any rumours regarding an investigation

Thread bumped due to recent inuendo from Dean Robinson about Collingwood.

Enough water has passed under the bridge to state this overtly now, but I was privy to a very strong rumour which I first heard in December 2010 that Collingwood had used PEDs specifically human growth hormone during that season where we drew in the GF. I came here in Jan 2011 asking if anyone had heard any rumours and none confirmed what I heard. Many asked what the rumour was and I PM'd several people but that is as far as I could take it because I had no proof. I cannot divulge the source as he still works in the football industry but he rarely makes accusations and when he does they are spot on.

Recently The Weapon makes a statement and merely as an incidental bit of info he states this very same rumour - that Collingwood used hGH prior to 2011.

I still can't take it any further as I still don't have proof but it irks me somewhat that we may have lost the GF to cheats

Cogito ergo sum Furtius Quo Rdelius