Game Day: Power V Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Game Day: Power V Saints

After 5 months of pre season

Why would there be that much discrepancy in fitness.... We weren't that young.... Most players have been around the AFL for years....

We can't use the prac game as an excuse surely... That was 3 weeks ago

Not sure we are aerobically fit enough... We were in quick sand for 40 mins

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Carlsile would have been very handy.
Finey having a massive rant on SEN about us missing that pratice game. We were stuffed in the last. Cant blame him. AFL could have easily switched venue to Burpengary at short notice.
brisbane asked for it to be moved . they knew about the weather expected. AFL ignored them.

Not sure we should blame it though. I hope I am proved wrong and that our superior fitness shines through and we win games because of it.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:After 5 months of pre season

Why would there be that much discrepancy in fitness.... We weren't that young.... Most players have been around the AFL for years....

Cant help but agree with you BM. Wouldnt think it would be that much of an effect. Lets hope we are wrong though.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Was waiting for Templeton to start flying in the last quarter. This guy is disappointing me. You could see they were stuffed towards the end of the 3rd quarter. Not sure if missing a practice game was the reason but Fisher looked out of in in the last.
I felt for Fish, Tried to hold back the tide under constant pressure in the last. Lion hearted. Proud of the boys but now we've gotta do it for 4 qtrs!
Yep Fish was great. Didnt even hear them mention Charlie til towards the end of the third quarter. Fish deserved to be tired , he worked really hard. Hickey will sleep well too

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dixon was always going to be dangerous in the last. The old 'big guys dont get any smaller' story there. The guy is a bloody Mack Truck.
Their mids got on top and they kept pumping it fwd. All in all Fisher was a lion heart today.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Carlsile would have been very handy.
Finey having a massive rant on SEN about us missing that pratice game. We were stuffed in the last. Cant blame him. AFL could have easily switched venue to Burpengary at short notice.
brisbane asked for it to be moved . they knew about the weather expected. AFL ignored them.

Not sure we should blame it though. I hope I am proved wrong and that our superior fitness shines through and we win games because of it.
Burpengary is an approved AFL venue. I am sure it wouldnt have been being used on a Sunday or a Monday. Short flight from Mackay to Brisbane. Just poor by the AFL.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:At least Winguard lives up to his hype

Unlike another overhyped fwd pocket
Harsh on - presume- billings

first game in 9mths (full afl)

had 20 odd disposals

will only get better.............

suspect a bit of frustration in your post as the game was slipping away.

saint4life
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:After 5 months of pre season

as i have said elsewhere, comments like this really show up a lack of knowledge of what it takes to perform at high athletic level

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights