Judd - Am I missing something?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Re: Judd - Am I missing something?

SainterK wrote:I don't understand the emotion over Ziebell.

Head has been sacrosanct for quite a period of time now.

Game is in a great place, football is healthy.

I have zero problem with it.

North were foolish to challenge.
Go girl. 100% agree.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Just one thing on this thread. It proves that these type of threads should be on this forum. It wouldnt hardly get a look in on the other one. Well thats my opinion on it anyway.
+1

The other forum is a waste of space.
What other forum?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote: I do think the game is different now. One on one contests are going to drop as players will play more of a basketball, non contact version of AFL. You've stated it in your post that Ziebell has to change the way he plays. I think that is what is wrong. We are going to force the hard-at-it players out of the game and we will be left with athletic, keepings off.
Heard this before, yet players like Hayes, Bartell, Selwood and Hodge etc still thrive more than ever...

There are more tackles than ever, in a game that is more physically taxing than ever... There is nothing wrong with a player having to change the way they play, if that method is wrong... Plugger, arguably the best ever player, had to change the way he played, in order to survive in the system...

There is a difference between being hard at the ball and contest, and taking out an opposition player with unnecessary force...

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Karma at play here - given Wright's playacting in the Goddard case and North's recent penchant for seemingly over emphasising the injurious state of their players In MRP cases the Ziebell verdict is satisfying from my viewpoint

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote: I do think the game is different now. One on one contests are going to drop as players will play more of a basketball, non contact version of AFL. You've stated it in your post that Ziebell has to change the way he plays. I think that is what is wrong. We are going to force the hard-at-it players out of the game and we will be left with athletic, keepings off.
Heard this before, yet players like Hayes, Bartell, Selwood and Hodge etc still thrive more than ever...

There are more tackles than ever, in a game that is more physically taxing than ever... There is nothing wrong with a player having to change the way they play, if that method is wrong... Plugger, arguably the best ever player, had to change the way he played, in order to survive in the system...

There is a difference between being hard at the ball and contest, and taking out an opposition player with unnecessary force...
Agree with the last comment. Hence why I think Ziebell is hard done by.

I reckon it would be hard to go past those names you mention and add to the list. I reckon there would be 5 on each clubs list. That's 90 out of 700 odd players. 12%. Not every player needs to be tough, in and under, but those that thrive on the 'bash and crash' way of playing are definitely in the minority.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Judd got some decent time in this case.. MRP did there job.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

Agree with the last comment. Hence why I think Ziebell is hard done by.

I reckon it would be hard to go past those names you mention and add to the list. I reckon there would be 5 on each clubs list. That's 90 out of 700 odd players. 12%. Not every player needs to be tough, in and under, but those that thrive on the 'bash and crash' way of playing are definitely in the minority.

I just watched the footage of Ziebel hitting Rooey and it looks like he was running true to form. Do it once possibly negligent do it twice and it's a pattern. Rooey could have been in a wheel chair.