Swans pushing for walsh hard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
defacto wrote:
SainterK wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6167495031

St Kilda's head of football, Chris Pelchen, said the Saints wanted to keep Gram, but suggested they might have their price.

"Because Jason is contracted our preference is for him to stay at the club. He certainly hasn't been put on the table ... but we're mindful of the fact that we've got restrictions and constraints," Pelchen said.

"There's certainly been interest shown. We've made it clear to clubs who have made inquiries that he is contracted. If they want to discuss Jason, OK, we'll listen to what they put forward."

Gram, who returns from Bali tomorrow, is believed to have attracted interest from North Melbourne, while Carlton has made preliminary inquiries.

Walsh, who is yet to make his AFL debut since crossing from Ireland in 2009, wants to join the Swans after they promised him greater opportunity.

But the Saints insist they won't let him leave, declaring Walsh a required player who they have tried to re-sign since the middle of the year.

Pelchen also dismissed speculation that Sean Dempster, who finished third in this year's best-and-fairest, had not been offered a new contract.
i am hoping that we can trade gram to north.

SAINTS LOSE/NORTH GAIN: gram, 25
SAINTS GAIN/NORTH LOSE: 18, 40

That trade can go f*** itself in the arse.
Agree, what crap we give you a very good player and you give us a slight upgrade and an unusable?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
defacto wrote:

St Kilda's head of football, Chris Pelchen, said the Saints wanted to keep Gram, but suggested they might have their price.

"Because Jason is contracted our preference is for him to stay at the club. He certainly hasn't been put on the table ... but we're mindful of the fact that we've got restrictions and constraints," Pelchen said.

"There's certainly been interest shown. We've made it clear to clubs who have made inquiries that he is contracted. If they want to discuss Jason, OK, we'll listen to what they put forward."

Gram, who returns from Bali tomorrow, is believed to have attracted interest from North Melbourne, while Carlton has made preliminary inquiries.

Walsh, who is yet to make his AFL debut since crossing from Ireland in 2009, wants to join the Swans after they promised him greater opportunity.

But the Saints insist they won't let him leave, declaring Walsh a required player who they have tried to re-sign since the middle of the year.

Pelchen also dismissed speculation that Sean Dempster, who finished third in this year's best-and-fairest, had not been offered a new contract.

I would love it if we got that deal, if not I'd still probably be happy with pick 40.
If you're happy trading DP 40 only for Gram - Saints majorly lose out there :shock:
Never would I do that deal ~ 22 game player (like Ray)

Stand your ground :shock:
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

sainterinsydney wrote:Reading the conceited Swans supporters posts on BF makes me sick. I can't believe Lyon has put us in this position. Seriously, they are joking we need to sweeten the deal by giving them Ray and Walsh for pick 43. I can't tell you how much these Swine supporters piss me off.
They must be taking the p!ss surely - Ray + Walsh for DP 43 :shock:
No way would I even trade Walsh for that. Ray's a 22 game player

Sure it's not in Bay 13 ?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
defacto wrote:

That trade can go f*** itself in the arse.
Pick 18 for the helicopter.....................do it

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
goodie
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:Reading the conceited Swans supporters posts on BF makes me sick. I can't believe Lyon has put us in this position. Seriously, they are joking we need to sweeten the deal by giving them Ray and Walsh for pick 43. I can't tell you how much these Swine supporters piss me off.

I read that post, 'twas from a newbie and borderline illegibile. Proceeds to crap on about us being a chance to lose Walsh for nothing because of Pelchan's (their spelling) record in dealing with other clubs.

Most likely some gutless wonder who created a new account just to post that garbage.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

goodie wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

I read that post, 'twas from a newbie and borderline illegibile. Proceeds to crap on about us being a chance to lose Walsh for nothing because of Pelchan's (their spelling) record in dealing with other clubs.

Most likely some gutless wonder who created a new account just to post that garbage.
Ok I had not seen that thread - yep that would be right, Trade Week is like Full Moon on BF (and SS)

Even if Walsh walks into the National or Pre-Season Drafts, he still risks being picked up by anyone, before the Swans.

goodie
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:
goodie wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

Ok I had not seen that thread - yep that would be right, Trade Week is like Full Moon on BF (and SS)

Even if Walsh walks into the National or Pre-Season Drafts, he still risks being picked up by anyone, before the Swans.
The big difference between this and the Ball scenario is GWS. They have the picks, list and cap space to take anyone they want. If he did walk, he'd be going to Sydney alright, but not the Swans

DLBIA14

MCG-Unit wrote:

I thought it was a piss take too. There was a Saints supporter that wanted Rohan for Walsh. :wink:

defacto
Club Player

DLBIA14 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

I thought it was a piss take too. There was a Saints supporter that wanted Rohan for Walsh. :wink:
that was me. i'd jump at a rohan for walsh straight swap

gringo
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
DLBIA14 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

that was me. i'd jump at a rohan for walsh straight swap
I think most would except the swans

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

As long as we don't let the Swines get him for F*** all

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
DLBIA14

bobmurray wrote:As long as we don't let the Swines get him for F*** all
Again, that would be the most unlikely of scenarios. Do you really think there wouldn't be a plethora of clubs would take Walsh in the pre-season draft before Sydney's pick. I doubt they'd be able to price them all out... Walsh wouldn't take that risk.

Giving the boy some credit,most players don't like shafting their clubs and with suck it up and stay if a deal isn't done.

Rohan would be exactly the type of player the Saints need. Super quick, great skills and a good leap on him too. I reckon he might end up a bit like BJ. Won't be traded and wouldn't be able to afford him in the first place! Better off finding a quick, skilled type in the draft.

mohannair
Club Player

I think the whole situation will change now that we have a new coach. Scotty will put his game plan & convince Walsh to stay.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Moannair said :
I think the whole situation will change now that we have a new coach. Scotty will put his game plan & convince Walsh to stay.
Yep, I agree. Trade week doesn't finish until tomorrow, so let's hope that one of Scott's first priorities is to have a chat with both Walsh and Dawson, "today."

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:I think the whole situation will change now that we have a new coach. Scotty will put his game plan & convince Walsh to stay.
The guy needs a bit of love.

Apart from the apparent extra money on offer up North, just the fact the Swans are chasing after him must make an impression. I reckon Tommy thinks he's done his apprenticeship and the thought of another year playing for the Zebras holds little appeal.

Watters has to convince him he's in his plans - assuming of course he is in his plans. :wink:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Moannair said :
Yep, I agree. Trade week doesn't finish until tomorrow, so let's hope that one of Scott's first priorities is to have a chat with both Walsh and Dawson, "today."
i hope he has been going nuts on the video and talking to the training staff about who to keep. It will be interesting to see how he goes now that he's in charge.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
i hope he has been going nuts on the video and talking to the training staff about who to keep. It will be interesting to see how he goes now that he's in charge.
Hopefully as a Collingwood assistant he has very good knowledge of TW's 6 goal match winning performance against the Pies seconds :wink:

longtimesaint
Club Player

Is Tommy Walsh in Australia at the moment?

One year will be our year
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:Is Tommy Walsh in Australia at the moment?
The media would have you believe he's in Sydney.

mohannair
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
gringo wrote:
Hopefully as a Collingwood assistant he has very good knowledge of TW's 6 goal match winning performance against the Pies seconds :wink:
Good point Dr,

being against Pies Scotty will definately understand Tommy guns importance. I also along with other Sainters believe that we left it a bit too long to give him a go last year.

Going by the reports that he did tear the Gaelic football apart a couple of year ago would have really stamped his mark.

Lets hope Scotty will ensure him that he a part of the new "Saints" footy.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Leo.J wrote:
gringo wrote:
saintjake wrote:Sorry, but this is 10 pages long and I'm on my smart phone but has it been mentioned officially anywhere that the swans are after him?
They have taken him for a medical so I assume they didn't just want to look at his dick.
Who says?
Again who says?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Is there any chance that someone could start a petition to keep Tommy W at the Saints?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i will keep you all updated.

ust not plugger or saintpav who seem to think i am full of s*** even tho i was bang on about this miles before the press etc

don't believe the hype that walsh wants out. he is actually happy to be a saint and was stoked to be told he would be promoted and a senior list player.

problem is swans have offered 70% more

#1 Ryder fan
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

MC Gusto wrote:i will keep you all updated.

ust not plugger or saintpav who seem to think i am full of s*** even tho i was bang on about this miles before the press etc

don't believe the hype that walsh wants out. he is actually happy to be a saint and was stoked to be told he would be promoted and a senior list player.

problem is swans have offered 70% more
Thanks MC. Some of us are smart enough to realise those that have genuine sources and appreciate the info. That makes it all cool if it's only 70% more. Tommy can't be on a big amount you'd think so if we waved goodbye to someone like Gamble that would be enough to cover a first year player and give Tommy an extra 40% or so. Most people will stay at the workplace they like for a substantial rise and forego an even more substantial rise that creates a major disruption - it's human nature. If the choice was between Tommy and Gamble, sorry Ryan, but I wish you all the best in your future.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed
well said TB 8-)