wonderful!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:markp - as to why they were taken only the players will know.but this bird has photos of 18 other players all from other clubs.listen to her 3aw interview(could be wrong but pretty sure its 3aw) everything will be released tomorrow.this s*** storm is gonna hit most clubs.
So she says... I do get the distinct impression that this chick is batsh!t crazy.

But if true, that's another club's and another group of idiots concern.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Thinline wrote:Um. What BAD has any player done here?

Stupid, maybe. Unfortunate, definitely.

You'd reckon they's committed a crime the way some of the peanuts on here are carrying on.

The only BAD I can see is the behaviour of some trumped up tunnel c**t who represents everything grotesque about the age in which we live.

Privacy is no longer a right. Sad as.
'Privacy'?

Who took the pics?

'Privacy', like a Warne text message?

'Privacy' like Fev at a private function?

They must be really thick.

Of course it's not the end of the world... but it sure aint harmless or funny in the least.

Are brains prerequisites to a right to privacy?

Interesting world you live in there markp.

Stalin woulda loved ya.

I've got some cracking shots of myself with wanger waving about in Oxford when I was younger. Another when I decided it'd be funny just to peel my kit off at a party in Edinburgh and wander around in the buff. Quite funny at the time if I recall. Feel like a bit of a dill looking at the pix now. Still, it was fun. Yeah, so I wasn't a pro sportsman, but really WTF is the big deal here beyond the publication of something that shouldn't be published in the first place?
Last edited by Thinline on Mon 20 Dec 2010 11:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
markp wrote:
Have you also seen the Dal shot?
I could just make it out....
"Move along, nothing to see here"

markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
markp wrote:

You'd reckon they's committed a crime the way some of the peanuts on here are carrying on.

The only BAD I can see is the behaviour of some trumped up tunnel c**t who represents everything grotesque about the age in which we live.

'Privacy'?

Who took the pics?

Of course it's not the end of the world... but it sure aint harmless or funny in the least.

Stalin woulda loved ya.
Well, I call it the real world.

If you have a very high public profile, and you let randoms/girlfriends/anyone take compromising photos of you, right or wrong, there's a fair chance it may come back to haunt you.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Oh, and Ross's reaction?...

:wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Thinline wrote:
markp wrote:

'Privacy'?

Who took the pics?

Stalin woulda loved ya.
Well, I call it the real world.

If you have a very high public profile, and you let randoms/girlfriends/anyone take compromising photos of you, right or wrong, there's a fair chance it may come back to haunt you.
Yeah. But what has anyone done that is bad?

Nothing.

Stupid, yes. Bad, no.

The woman, however, gets off the hook because people say 'victim has been stupid'.

Not on.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote: Yeah. But what has anyone done that is bad?

Nothing.

Stupid, yes. Bad, no.

The woman, however, gets off the hook because people say 'victim has been stupid'.

Not on.
Not bad... but just soooo freaking dumb. And yes, damaging.

The girl is irrelevant, she saw a chance for her 15 minutes of fame and grabbed it... but she basically has no profile to protect, does she?

Also remember it was the likes of the hun that gave her a platform to begin with... and crazy or not, she is just a kid.

Richter
SS Life Member

markp wrote:

Nothing.

Stupid, yes. Bad, no.

Not on.

The girl is irrelevant, she saw a chance for her 15 minutes of fame and grabbed it... but she basically has no profile to protect, does she?

Also remember it was the likes of the hun that gave her a platform to begin with... and crazy or not, she is just a kid.
Only dumb because a few twerps on internet forums give her the oxygen to peddle this crap.... people like you markp.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yep it's all your fault markp :wink:

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

This is a dreadful situation.
But it won't be the end of the club.

A few points:
AFL footy players have things most of us on this forum don't have:

Money in abundance (at least in the short term)
Fame
Youth

With that goes a great deal of spare time, superbly fit and strong bodies and (in many cases) movie-star good looks.

I'm surprised more players don't get in this kind of trouble.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
saint75 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
sasaint wrote:
saint75 wrote: To claim that this will cost Nick his captaincy is ridiculous!
IMHO Nick is gone as captain. He has lost too much credibility.The club will have to work really hard now to find a new sponsor.

How can our club keep on having this sort of thing happen. :(
Someone tell me what he has done wrong???????
Brand, image....

This is bigger than Nick, and a silly photo.
Come off it!!! Seriously, you think so over a a photo of someone naked? We are in serious trouble then if your reasoning is to be believed as there are *apparently* still 19 other photos. Seems we may not have a captain next year if we were to follow your logic.
It's an opinion!

I don't speak for the club, which is why I use words like opinion, IMO, I think....

and no it's not about Nick being naked, it's about the club being involved in another scandal, or can we laugh the frequency of that happening away as well?

As I mentioned earlier, the photo's are allegedy of other players from other clubs, whatever....
What is the scandal exactly? Having fun? Being a little stupid? Having no clothes on? Certainly not a crime last time I checked the law books. I still am not sure what we are 'scandalised' about. Maybe we thought they were better endowed? :P

For goodness sake, LIGHTEN UP!!! The world won't end tomorrow and they will still play football next year and win many games. A naked photo or 2 (perhaps 19...) won't change that.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Richter
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Yep it's all your fault markp :wink:
Ok, now you're being silly. There are plenty of other judgmental idiots on this site who think that "image" and "brand" and their idea of morality is more important than living and breathing human beings....

You one of them SainterK?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
sRaf
Club Player

Sure it hurts the image of the club, but I'm more worried about the mindset of the the players involved. It is not unusual to hear about people needing counseling after going through such an ordeal. And the repercussions can be quite serious, i.e suicide. I know it sounds dramatic, but the internet is littered with similar stories resulting in the worst possible outcomes. Hopefully our staff provides them with the proper counseling to aid their recovery.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Goddard.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

least dal won't be targeted by the giants next year.... :wink:

Sainter for life.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

BTW has this already been said...

The girl stole the photos of one of the players' computers. So they'd just taken a few nude and semi-nude shots of each other as a silly thing to do.
This in no way way means that any of the players in the photos had sex with the girl. She didn't take the photos...she just stole them later.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

sadly if she has possesion of these photos they will get out, and once they have been published they are on the net forever.

People save them one their computers and post them on other sites....can stop them going around....just going to have to ride through this one.

The reason this thing has put these photos up is because "nick riewoldt was an asshole to her in Adelaide"

FFS!! grow up! if everyone posted a nude photo of everyone who has been an asshole on the internet ..... :shock:

The girl has a clear lack of parental guidance and maturity is craving the attention she has be deprived of in her younger years.

Sainter for life.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

also like to add that if this girl does post another photo she could possibly be arrested for breaching a court order, which would be one way of bringing this to an end, all be it a very dramatic and quite unrealistic way...but it could happen

Sainter for life.
mcadam05
Club Player

her page has been taken down

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:This chick is incredible.

And Footballers are morons.

Simple as that.
Exactly. You don't take nude pics of yourself and assume they stay private.

Doesn't happen with all the morons around now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
markp wrote:

Nothing.

Stupid, yes. Bad, no.

Not on.

Only dumb because a few twerps on internet forums give her the oxygen to peddle this crap.... people like you markp.
Yup, I'm a twerp because I think these guys were dumb to let photos like this be taken of them... photos that have now gotten out. :roll:

And it's only because of people like me that this is a problem....

Pull your head in.

You reckon any of our guys sent that pic of Laura Bingle around before it got in the papers? (a pic she was obviously not silly enough to be posing for or happy about being taken, by the way).

No compromising photos = no problem.

But thanks for adding more 'oxygen' to the debate....

markp
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
SainterK wrote:Yep it's all your fault markp :wink:
Ok, now you're being silly. There are plenty of other judgmental idiots on this site who think that "image" and "brand" and their idea of morality is more important than living and breathing human beings....

You one of them SainterK?

Oh yes, it's the real human aspect of this story that we should be more concerned about here... what is it?

Their right to be dumb... and to not then be embarrassed by it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Read some rubbish on here. Cost Rooy his captaincy. What a lot of rot. Firstly maybe BJ did this as well and they havent been shown. As stupid as it is, things happen at footy clubs. Unlike most other jobs you shower together so people see your dick every day so taking photos is no big deal. Its boys being silly boys and would happen at every AFL club, its just that photos arent normally stolen.

If some of you have lost respect for Rooy then I reckon you have lost repect for just about everyone in our side because I reckon most have had photos taken like this.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:BTW has this already been said...

The girl stole the photos of one of the players' computers. So they'd just taken a few nude and semi-nude shots of each other as a silly thing to do.
This in no way way means that any of the players in the photos had sex with the girl. She didn't take the photos...she just stole them later.
Photos are possibly 12-14 months old......stupid to have them taken....but the player who is alleged to have them on his computer...will be feeling real fine ....not

This playing group may have trouble dealing with the side effects ...all the side effects

saint4life
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

None of us know:-
how many photos were taken?
when they were taken?
where they were taken?
in what context they were taken?
who took them?

Players are naked together many times during a week.
before training
after training
before matches
after matches

we've all seen photos of the new facilities at Seaford including the 'communal' shower room.

There are many opportunities for players, trainers, staff to take nude photographs.

Before we 'execute' the players, maybe we should wait to hear the facts for ourselves.

What do we actually know?
That photographs have been published.
Published by somebody who we can almost certainly know didn't take them and had no right to them.

If, as we surmize, she has obtained these photos (and others) without permission then it is really a simple case of theft and malicious behaviour on her part (if you can believe the boasts on her various posts on FB/Twitter and radio interview).

What would be the case if a paperazzi 'stalked' Reiwoldt and took photographs of him sunbaking naked in his own backyard?
Is that scenario really any different to the one he finds himself today?

Somebody has invaded his privacy by publishing photographs that they weren't entitled to.
No more, no less.

Is it embarrasing to Reiwoldt and the Club.
Yes, of course it is.
But that is what the girl intended it to be.
Malicious.