Channel 9 News...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:can someone who is a little less upset then me (I think I will lose it if I go to air) ring SEN and tell them that no it's not a "great story" by channel 9. It's disgusting reporting and SEN are just adding to it. Pathetic. I'm running out of things to watch and listen to :evil:
Dont watch or listen then.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote: What a pile of crap has been written on the first 5 pages of this thread (all I've gotten through so far). "This bloke is agenda driven" and all this talk of Collingwood and such incredible crap. You know him personally and are completely sure are you?
As for "why- now?" maybe it's been eating him up inside for 6 years (which may also answer the "why is he no longer in the force?" question). Maybe he was prompted by all the publicity over Milne's 200th the other day and decided enough was enough. So he would have probably contacted Channel 9 in the days after Milne's 200th and they would have investigated it for a few days and announced over the weekend that the story was going to be on the news last night. Surely you don't have to be a genius to work out that this could be exactly why it's come out now.
As for those who asked "why didn't he do anything about all this 6 years ago", maybe he wasn't strong/brave enough to. How hard would that be to work out?
I think you're all just firing shots at anyone and everyone you can, to avoid the question that's really eating away at you. Did they do it?
Wow, why don't you just convict and sentence them now then? What a jerk... A load of hypothetical nonsense which is all anti-St Kilda and pro-washed up cop hack. You a cop mate? Can't handle that the rife corruption of the force is being made public? I can make up bizarre scenarios as well...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:37am, edited 1 time in total.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
Quixote wrote:
saint66au wrote:
"The operation I was head of was very badly policed".
So, as head of the operation, he had the opportunity to blow the whistle on this 6 years ago. Hmm bit scared of losing his own job perhaps, seeing that if it was "very badly policed" the buck would stop with him
But now he's retired...so he rings one of his media contacts and tells him he has a story?

:roll:
If there is anything in it - which I doubt - this bloke is agenda driven and his comments are self-implicating at the very least.

Why - now?

Why is he no longer in the force?

Is he short of a buck???
What a pile of crap has been written on the first 5 pages of this thread (all I've gotten through so far). "This bloke is agenda driven" and all this talk of Collingwood and such incredible crap. You know him personally and are completely sure are you?
As for "why- now?" maybe it's been eating him up inside for 6 years (which may also answer the "why is he no longer in the force?" question). Maybe he was prompted by all the publicity over Milne's 200th the other day and decided enough was enough. So he would have probably contacted Channel 9 in the days after Milne's 200th and they would have investigated it for a few days and announced over the weekend that the story was going to be on the news last night. Surely you don't have to be a genius to work out that this could be exactly why it's come out now.
As for those who asked "why didn't he do anything about all this 6 years ago", maybe he wasn't strong/brave enough to. How hard would that be to work out?
I think you're all just firing shots at anyone and everyone you can, to avoid the question that's really eating away at you. Did they do it?
what you have written is not true.

9 chased the story. they tried to keep it under wraps to make it a 'blockbuster' news item on monday. fortunately somebody got wind of it and let the club know it was coming.

#1 Ryder fan
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Unless there is new evidence can the case be reopened?

Another opportunity awaits!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Unless there is new evidence can the case be reopened?
I think that is what they are saying. That there was some sort of evidence but certain people said not to proceed and some evidence was accidently lost.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I heard a police spokesman on radio say that there is not statute of limitations on criminal cases, so yes, I'd say the case could be re-opened if someone thought it deserved to be.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I think that is what they are saying. That there was some sort of evidence but certain people said not to proceed and some evidence was accidently lost.
Is this fact because I can't remember that being part of the interview last night. I thought he said evidence disapeared for hours on end. But I'm pretty sure nothing completely got lost?

Would like to hear from the people involved in the decision to not proceed. Sort this mess out and then give channel 9 and the herald scum hell

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
markp
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if they'll elaborate on these claims about a PI being hired by the Saints to follow this girl around?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

So what else can go wrong?

Another opportunity awaits!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:So what else can go wrong?
What else? There may be some truth in all this crap...that would be distressing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Is this fact because I can't remember that being part of the interview last night. I thought he said evidence disapeared for hours on end. But I'm pretty sure nothing completely got lost?

Would like to hear from the people involved in the decision to not proceed. Sort this mess out and then give channel 9 and the herald scum hell
I dont think you will hear from them but I am sure people who look into police corruption will. Wouldnt like to be the copper who suggested they dont proceed with the case.

By the way I dont think Channel 9 or the Herald Sun are going to cop anything. It is all the papers now and on all the radio stations so unlike what I said yesterday this story isnt going away. The latest story still has nothing to do with our players though apart from the fact they were stupid enough to get themselves in this predicament in the first place.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Another media beatup hoping to keep us from looking in this direction...

We live in a world where fans riot over a win, but don't raise an eyebrow over news/stories that directly impact on their families well being.

Anyone seen any updates on the GoM oil "spill".
Nope, I didn't think so.
I could not beleive it LEAD the news when there were 6 Australian Businessmen killed in a plane crash and 3 Australians died in a field of war :shock:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

im Just very suss on the timing on all this.

The Malthouse incident and recent suggestive comment last week. The fact it is channel 9 and eddie is extremely influential.

I'm just wondering how long 9 have had this up their sleave? The timing of its release seems to be a bomb detonated for maximum impact on saints season at this time of year and Pies are one our main rivals.

The timing is very suss.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I can't help but think that Eddie has used his media guys to go and dredge up some dirt after he was forced to defend Malthouse publicly. I think some one should send media watch in to investigate if money was paid and whether nine has been sniffing around the case trying to find a crack to open up. It smells a bit fishy to me. Or a freakish coincidence. Maybe he is a passionate Pies man wanting his beloved coach to be vindicated. Just wish someone could find out what went on with the reporting and investigation. Channel 9 are becoming an embarrassment to broadcasting. If it turns out they used the channel to go dredging up muck, Eddie should be locked in a room with all the new episodes of HEY HEY its Saturday on continuous loop.
im in no doubt eddie is behind this. Malthouse was extremely confident and beligerent in his refusal to apologise to Milney earlier this year and all his comments and mannerisms hinted he "knew something".

Eddie has real power in this town. Make no mistake. They will just call it "investigative journalism" and they "were uncovering an important story about police behavior".

I just wonder how long they have been sitting on it. The fact is if the cop had real concerns why go to channel 9 and not the OPI?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
gringo wrote:I can't help but think that Eddie has used his media guys to go and dredge up some dirt after he was forced to defend Malthouse publicly. I think some one should send media watch in to investigate if money was paid and whether nine has been sniffing around the case trying to find a crack to open up. It smells a bit fishy to me. Or a freakish coincidence. Maybe he is a passionate Pies man wanting his beloved coach to be vindicated. Just wish someone could find out what went on with the reporting and investigation. Channel 9 are becoming an embarrassment to broadcasting. If it turns out they used the channel to go dredging up muck, Eddie should be locked in a room with all the new episodes of HEY HEY its Saturday on continuous loop.
im in no doubt eddie is behind this. Malthouse was extremely confident and beligerent in his refusal to apologise to Milney earlier this year and all his comments and mannerisms hinted he "knew something".

Eddie has real power in this town. Make no mistake. They will just call it "investigative journalism" and they "were uncovering an important story about police behavior".

I just wonder how long they have been sitting on it. The fact is if the cop had real concerns why go to channel 9 and not the OPI?
hole in one con

don't worry about it tho. our players do their talking on the field. unlike those dogs...

#1 Ryder fan
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Con Gorozidis wrote: The fact is if the cop had real concerns why go to channel 9 and not the OPI?
Simple.... Channel 9 pay.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
jmac101
Club Player

this really shouldn't be 'football news'.

it is really a story about potential corruption in the victorian police.

bit disappointed with the football media jumping all over it. i dont go to the footy pages to read about police corruption, i go there to read about the weekends games.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

hole in one con

don't worry about it tho. our players do their talking on the field. unlike those dogs...
Conspirancies. How does Eddie make a cop quit his job and then talk. Was Eddie also involved with the cop who told them to make this case go away.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

jmac101 wrote:this really shouldn't be 'football news'.

it is really a story about potential corruption in the victorian police.

bit disappointed with the football media jumping all over it. i dont go to the footy pages to read about police corruption, i go there to read about the weekends games.
It hasn't made the AFL website.

yipper
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

hole in one con

Conspirancies. How does Eddie make a cop quit his job and then talk. Was Eddie also involved with the cop who told them to make this case go away.
Pretty sure saints officials are also smelling a rat in this "story". There is a real stench about this one. Why did he go to channel 9?? How long have they had the "story"?? Did Jeff Browne pay the cop??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

hole in one con

Pretty sure saints officials are also smelling a rat in this "story". There is a real stench about this one. Why did he go to channel 9?? How long have they had the "story"?? Did Jeff Browne pay the cop??
How do you know the Saints officals are smelling a rat? He probably went to 9 because he watches there news. I wouldnt have a clue. They may have been more interested because they dont have footy at the moment, the other stations do. Who knows i just dont by any of the conspirancies.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I dont think you will hear from them but I am sure people who look into police corruption will. Wouldnt like to be the copper who suggested they dont proceed with the case.

By the way I dont think Channel 9 or the Herald Sun are going to cop anything. It is all the papers now and on all the radio stations so unlike what I said yesterday this story isnt going away. The latest story still has nothing to do with our players though apart from the fact they were stupid enough to get themselves in this predicament in the first place.
so your happy that both 9 and the sun have plastered inuendo all over it's coverage about the club and it's two players. headings such as "saints sex cover up" is a disgusting piece of journalism. It has everything to do with them NOW because of how it was reported.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

so your happy that both 9 and the sun have plastered inuendo all over it's coverage about the club and it's two players. headings such as "saints sex cover up" is a disgusting piece of journalism. It has everything to do with them NOW because of how it was reported.
Did I say I was happy. Not at all but it is the media. It is what they do all the time about any incident that may sell more papers. I cant beleive people are slightly surprised.

Tess
Opposition Fan

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Eddie has real power in this town. Make no mistake.
This is the truest statement/comment in this thread.

and

NO I don't think his power is a good thing.

But seriously if anyone thinks Ed or Malthouse could orchestrate this type of story then you must be delusional. I would be 110% sure this is not the kind of thing Eddie would be behind, after all he is President of the Biggest Football Club in the land and all clubs even mine, have skeletons.
Last edited by Tess on Tue 22 Jun 2010 5:15pm, edited 1 time in total.