Match thread v Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match thread v Blues

saintsRrising wrote:Only good thing about today was that Lenny did not have to be part of it.

The bad thing is he wont be part of it next year.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Only seven rounds left. Going to be a great tussle with Brisbane for the spoon - will go right to the wire. I'm excited. Think we can just edge them for 17th, but it's lottery stuff.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

sainters85 wrote:151 v 66 against CARLTON!! seriously, they are so bad, poorly coached, bad skills, can't do the basic things right, no spread
yep..but what about us ?????

saint6709
Club Player

Looks like some the delisting decisions will be pretty easy - our 2 subs virtually didn't get a touch between them and won't be seen again you wouldn't think

Freebird
Club Player

Our defensive structure is not working...how about we forget about it and try an offensive structure. run forward don't worry about defending as they will score easily anyway...just see if we can get some numbers going forward. Too hard for our group doing it both ways

noob
Club Player

Why did we get rid of Dal Santo instead of Montagna? At least when Dal Santo only got a low 10-15 possessions they still impacted on the game.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

While we're at it,TDL not up to AFL standard. They rewarded him with a game today after being ok in the reserves,he shouldn't get another.
Dunnell, has never looked up to it at any stage. 1 touch coming on with fresh legs as the sub displayed this also. His books are stamped also

Need to get Wright back in asap,but may have to wait a week after being Ko'd yesterday.
Acres comes in, sub as minimum if he isn't fit enough. These two are AFL standard and are better off being exposed to the seniors where they will have a future,instead of the likes of Dunnell and TDL.

Ross or Dunstan out next week if not both. We can't continue with this plodders midfield, it's catostrophic for our scoreline,and supporters/forumites well being

Bruce looked terrific up forward yesterday, he is too good for the seconds. Like to get that man Spencer in also before the end of the year before a rival club comes and waves the carrot in front of him at years end and offers him opportunity

Bring back the Lockett era
SMS
Club Player

Newman wrote:PATHETIC SAINTS. Thanks for making me feel good in 2nd q and then surrendering in a PATHETIC fashion in 2nd half. Thanks for 10 losses in a row. Bring on 2015 scos nothing can be as bad as what we are copping in 2014.
Unfortunetly this is going to get worse. Much worse. Imagine No reiwoldt, No montagna, Hayes etc.

We will win the spoon 2014-2016 no doubt. There isnt a team like us almost an Under 21 side come 2016. Good news is come 2020 ... flags! We will dominate. We will have number 1 picks that are KPP. Have about 15 first rounders on out list. Will be awesome.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Considering that Carlton at present are a rubbish team, that was the SOFTEST performance I can ever recall seeing from a St Kilda team.
Now wonder the Blues kicked so few behinds.

No attention to the basics. No thinking. No workrate. Absolute rabble I am ashamed to say.

Quite shattering really.
It really was disappointing to see the lack of pressure that allowed them to wonder in to open goals so often.

Where are our numbers at the ball - where is the guts and determination

I wish there was a way that the Club could let us know that this lack of pressure is being planned for inexchange for a good draft pick!

We pay our membership and Social club each year - and we have to watch this sh!te

How can the club organise an Open training - have the guys front and do all the right things - and then serve up this rubbish - all the hard work by the club let down by crap football.

The best way to get supporters on board is to give 4 quarters effort like the 2nd quarter.

Over this - highest loss to our 'bitches' since 1978.

I want the club, rather than having open training, to have the boys have to look the members in the eye and honestly say that they feel they are earning their money and our respect.

I know that they are still kids, for the most part, but I want results, or at least competitive games, lose if you must, but don't give us this s*** week after week.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

sainters85 wrote:Why didn't we get Mark Williams in the first place, experience premiership coach..
Because he would have pissed off after 2 years. Let's see how long Richardson lasts. If after 3 years they don't improve well then you make up your mind.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Considering that Carlton at present are a rubbish team, that was the SOFTEST performance I can ever recall seeing from a St Kilda team.
Now wonder the Blues kicked so few behinds.

No attention to the basics. No thinking. No workrate. Absolute rabble I am ashamed to say.

Quite shattering really.
I'm afraid I have to concur. That performance is the worst I've seen since the mid 80's, probably worse. To be flogged by such a Shyte team only emphasises how bad our situation is. When I heard AR talk pre game as "nerves" as an excuse for poor starts, I nearly fell off my chair. I hate to say it, but at the moment, it would appear the coach has no idea how to motivate his team to provide, as he constantly says, the "effort" required. Our haphazard approach, lack of skill and structure, is an indictment on the players and the coaching staff. Dunstall called them on it post match.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

plugger66 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:TV just showed uncontested marks 100 - 54 halfway through last quarter
that indicates work rate

We have no outside runners.
no you are wrong we have outside runners - we have had for a long time
Montagna & Ray

Seeya
Junior
Club Player

For all of those potting Montagna, has been playing with sore groins for weeks. Think they should put the cue in the rack and rest him.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:TV just showed uncontested marks 100 - 54 halfway through last quarter
that indicates work rate

We have no outside runners.
no you are wrong we have outside runners - we have had for a long time
Montagna & Ray

Their days are nearly up. We havent recruited one since Jack and he is obviously injured.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
sainters85 wrote:151 v 66 against CARLTON!! seriously, they are so bad, poorly coached, bad skills, can't do the basic things right, no spread
yep..but what about us ?????
agree i am heartbroken again but for different reason... end of the cats game.

Carlscum rolled us like that please tell me this is rock bottom.... PLEASE..............

Fortius Quo Fidelius
sainters85
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
sainters85 wrote:Why didn't we get Mark Williams in the first place, experience premiership coach..
Because he would have pissed off after 2 years. Let's see how long Richardson lasts. If after 3 years they don't improve well then you make up your mind.
I bet you they'll sack Richo if we finish last next year which is stupid, if your gonna appoint someone, it'll be long term

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

sainters85 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
I bet you they'll sack Richo if we finish last next year which is stupid, if your gonna appoint someone, it'll be long term
anyone who coaches us is going to damage their Resume

kalsaint
Club Player

would not have made any difference today.

Changing the coach calls are ridiculous. Richo is a renowned coach with youth so a replacement job is not the answer. Effort is in the mind but if the body cant match the mind for the longer term there will be smashings.

I hate Carlton based on their supporters egos and arrogance over 45 years when they bought the youth Australia wide and the associated Premierships.

I now see a developing team at the Saints that continues to need games under their belts. We need to keep the youth policy for the longer term fix. We need to continue to get more time into forwards and the backs. I would be willing to gamble on moving some bigger bodied players to the midfleld to help with inside plays. Nick cant stay forward for others development, He needs to spend 60% of his time in the forward half and 40% in defense of mid field. If the players cant kick it to him well enough have him kick it to them and get Schneider down forward only.

Gwilt to mid field, Bruce back with Delaney. Newnes to back pocket only. Roberton needs to stay at halfback or Fisher if available (not CHB). Savage on the other half back flank to create the run. Another season for Jack Bilings at HF then the mid field for him. Make a decision on Stanley and then recruit accordingly for forward or key taller mid fielder.

Hopefully the return of Wright, Webster with bigger bodies will make for improvement.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

Freebird wrote:Our defensive structure is not working...how about we forget about it and try an offensive structure. run forward don't worry about defending as they will score easily anyway...just see if we can get some numbers going forward. Too hard for our group doing it both ways
No we need to build the discipline structure needed for good defence. Your idea is an investment in the short term only. A good defence generally will beat a good offence.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I am more concerned with our senior players as a whole rather than Richo.

They are meant to be mentoring our kids and showing the way. Today they were not just passengers, but anchors!!!

The kids as a group put in a lot more than today than the older bracket.

Time for a clean slate. Roo and Lenny can stay, but the others are just a waste of space.

Time for our new generation It is going to be painful fora number of years. But I am happy to watch players playing for a future. I am not happy watching guys who are now there only for the pay-cheque. It is pointless.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:
Gwilt to mid field, .
Gwilt is a back flanker or nothing.

He has the turning circle of an ocean liner now, and so cannot play midfield.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
oldie60
Club Player

I have yet to see anything from anyone at the club that suggests we are rebuilding especially today. It appears to me that everyone is going to hang their hat on getting all these draft picks which don't necessarily become champions overnight. Effort, commitment and a will to not accept mediocrity does not have to be part of a rebuild ,these are things that each and every individual can choose to apply themselves. If this is a rebuild then why can't we achieve some of the basic fundamentals that i mentioned. I don't think that most of our list realise how fortunate they are to get into the system but you can quite easily fall from the system if you are not willing to work hard at getting that little bit better each week. Rich stated earlier this year that we will always bring effort but i'm beginning to dispute that. I watched the saints though their dark times and i still remember guys like Joffa and Burnsie giving their all even to the point of belting a bloke if it would halt the landslide or knowing we were a chance of winning against a Fitzroy or a Footscray but now i think we have a new breed of player that does not take that extra step,run himself into the ground or use his body to block or to put it simply HATE TO LOSE because i don't believe they are capable. Where is the pride, where's the play for the coach because at the moment you could pretty much delist the lot and start with a whole new team. The part that's been the most concerning this year is the fact that our oldest player leads all our stats. It may sound harsh but i have never felt this bad in the 48 years i've supported this club.Insipid performance.

saintbob
SS Life Member

by sainters85 » Sun 06 Jul 2014 3:49pm

Why didn't we get Mark Williams in the first place, experience premiership coach..

Because he's a s*** bloke!!!!!

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

please fella's it's way to early to start calling the coaches head... the first three games fooled us but a fair few on here knew exactly where we are at.... it's going to be hard and long but we will turn it around.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintbob
SS Life Member

SMS wrote:RESPECT TO
Newnes, Savage, Reiwoldt, Minchington, Dunstan, Billings

NEVER TO PLAY AGAIN FOR THE SAINTS
Stanley, TDL, Gwilt, Montagna, Dempster

TRADE ANYONE with value older than 22

Lets do a complete rebuild. But money we need money. We need coaches.

Stanley's last two games have been more than handy, Montagna obviously injured and Dempster will finish in our top 5 in the B&F so these will definitely stay!!!

But Jones, Ray, Gwilt, Dunnell, TDL, Lee and Maister should all NEVER play for the saints again