Watters' position is now untenable

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beekay
SS Life Member

Re: Watters' position is now untenable

dragit wrote:
Scollop wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
jaxons was pretty much spot on with his comments on you previously.
I think I agree with most peoples view on you jb but I'd like to add that you are probably the sort of guy I used to love to give noogies to in high school
What's a noogie? A blow job? Each to their own I guess...

and google says noogies are most often given to younger brothers... :o

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

I said it 3 weeks ago and I will say it again.
Finances aren't great. 3 senior players are trade bait. 2 assistant coaches will go. Scott will be there till the end of 2016. We've been through worse.

I agreed with you recently Plugger66. I hope you will do the same!!

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:I said it 3 weeks ago and I will say it again.
Finances aren't great. 3 senior players are trade bait. 2 assistant coaches will go. Scott will be there till the end of 2016. We've been through worse.

All plausible.... Finances are a given. And we have been through worse.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Scollop wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
jaxons was pretty much spot on with his comments on you previously.
I think I agree with most peoples view on you jb but I'd like to add that you are probably the sort of guy I used to love to give noogies to in high school
What's a noogie? A blow job? Each to their own I guess...
so scollop want to blow me???

mods - this is sexual harrassment and a breach of rules

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Richter
SS Life Member

This thread has taken an unusual turn!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
1965 Saint
Club Player

Scollop wrote:
joffaboy wrote: How many times have Hawks fans seen their team go down to the Cats over the last few years (even though Hawks have had what seemed to be comfortable leads). Not only are oppositions getting used to the RL gamneplan but many are starting to question whether Mr career coach has what it takes to get a team over the line on GF day.

Fremantle lost because they are bullies. When they beat Sydney in the Prelim, as soon as the game was out of reach for Sydney, a raft of dockers started throwing their weight around and basically behaving badly. Well guess what happens to bullies when the tables are turned: they sh1t themselves and that's exactly what transpired in the GF. The question is: is this a feature of Lyin coached teams?

ace
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:How on earth Watters could or would want to carry on as coach under those circumstances is beyond me. Something rotten in the state of Seaford. *Edit* What I meant to say is that there appears to be instability at the club again, and why would Watters want to work in that environment where some people at board level are obviously ready to chop him.
1 Senior coaches get a lot more money than the dole.
2 There is a long list of former players looking for coaching assistant and senior coach jobs, so very few coaches with a fail grade on their CV ever get another chance.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintly
Saintsational Legend

if all the above is happening why do you think Scott will will still be coach till end of 2016?

3 senior players - Dal, Fisher? and one other who would that be?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So because you agreed with me you want me to agree with you? Firstly why does it matter and secondly of those only i know the finances arent great. probably could find out more but to be honest none of those really matter as i cant see me changing any of those things. I think we can all wait and see what happens. And I also agree we have been through worse. As for the topic and totally disagree. SW can coach next year and at around June or July the club can see if he has met all the requirements they gave him. Win loss will nearly be last on that list you would think. If it isnt then the club dont want him.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

joffaboy wrote: so scollop want to bl@# me???

You're way off the mark, as usual.
For your edification -

noogie - informal
noun: noogie; plural noun: noogies

a hard grind with the knuckles, especially on a person's head (deservingly dealt to a person with a fixation of "yeah but we were ahead 7.7 to 7.1 at half time").
Last edited by samoht on Fri 18 Oct 2013 10:25am, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Reading the H-S article it is obvious that win-loss ratio will not be a criteria next season.
I was thinking more of a couple of years down the track when the rebuild is supposedly done.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Potential members and sponsors don't line up to get on board losing teams, nor are they terribly interested in clubs rebuilding etc etc... it's a cut-throat comp and we need to show improvement by winning more games in 2014

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
joffaboy wrote: so scollop want to bl@# me???

You're way off the mark, as usual.
For your edification -

noogie - informal
noun: noogie; plural noun: noogies

a hard grind with the knuckles, especially on a person's head (deservingly dealt to a person with a fixation of "yeah but we were ahead 7.7 to 7.1 at half time").

So we weren't 7.7 to 7.1 at halftime?

As usual you make perfect sense backward thomas. :roll: :roll:

After your tantrums over Tommy Walsh we all have a good laugh at your dumb opinions anyway.

Credibility -> window

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintly
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Potential members and sponsors don't line up to get on board losing teams, nor are they terribly interested in clubs rebuilding etc etc... it's a cut-throat comp and we need to show improvement by winning more games in 2014

hard to show wimprovement by winning more games, when we have more kids on the list, and the loss of experienced players such as blake, milne, kosi, mcevoy, maybe Dal maybe fisher. etc

Sponsors will come on board, if the club is not in the media spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

joffaboy wrote:
Lucky for you, you're not within noogie distance of Scollop right now!

spert
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
We live in the age of short attention span, and unless you're winning you're invisible- sad but true.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Yes he does sound like a veritable sausage monster.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
samoht wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Yes he does sound like a veritable sausage monster.
lol - I doubt this scollop would be much of a threat, some ADHD Gen Y/Z muppet with his eyes constantly on his smartphone demand instant gratification wouldn't worry me too much I wouldn't think.

Maybe would best me with his Wilde like wit or Spock like logic though.

Lance or James??

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: lol - I doubt this scollop would be much of a threat, some ADHD Gen Y/Z muppet with his eyes constantly on his smartphone demand instant gratification wouldn't worry me too much I wouldn't think.

Gen Y/Z?? :roll: :shock: I was born in 1966 tool...I don't understand your bs... but in my day we used to say I wouldn't piss on you if you you were on fire

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
joffaboy wrote: lol - I doubt this scollop would be much of a threat, some ADHD Gen Y/Z muppet with his eyes constantly on his smartphone demand instant gratification wouldn't worry me too much I wouldn't think.

Gen Y/Z?? :roll: :shock: I was born in 1966 tool...I don't understand your bs... but in my day we used to say I wouldn't piss on you if you you were on fire

Well what a hero you are. :D :D

I would piss on you if you were on fire, just the bits that were already out though. :wink:

Lance or James??

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Scollop wrote:

Well what a hero you are. :D :D

I would piss on you if you were on fire, just the bits that were already out though. :wink:
Good one...btw my phone is used for text and talk only....and no selfies either :wink:

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

jonesy wrote:
jaxons wrote:What I will do in future is not share information with our loyal supporters who can't handle the truth.
The truth being that the club made a mistake 2 years ago, and it needs to be rectified before further damage is done.
It is no shame making a mistake when you are having a go.
The shame is acknowledging it is a mistake and doing nothing about it.
You guys don't even know the half of it.

If you can be bothered I'm all ears for a pm with details.
I'm sick of all the innuendo, would like to know what's been happening from your sources
So am I if you are willing.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote:
Greg T wrote:
jaxons wrote:What I will do in future is not share information with our loyal supporters who can't handle the truth.

The truth being that the club made a mistake 2 years ago, and it needs to be rectified before further damage is done.
It is no shame making a mistake when you are having a go.
The shame is acknowledging it is a mistake and doing nothing about it.
You guys don't even know the half of it.
Keep up the good work Jaxons....got my vote
Take your bs elsewhere jaxons

As for the truth...it's all a matter of perception mate...

You may think that SW needs to be a clone of Ross Lyon

My perception was that RL was the biggest mistake to hit our footy club in the last 20 years...the truth is that losing a GF and losing 2 in a row might be a lot worse than actully getting there

My perception is that SW is doing a damned fine job and playing his part in the rebuild
What a steaming pile of crap, Lyon the biggest mistake our footy club has made in 20 years??? I don't think there is any dispute that Jeans was our greatest coach and thus far Lyon would be second. Let's hope that letting Lyon go (and we did let him go, thanks to Nettlefold's arrogant bungling), doesn't turn out to be our greatest ever c**k up, because it certainly is a significant one as it stands.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The big questions that no one has answered, because no can answer them, is what would St Kilda's list look like today had we retained Lyon, and what would our prospects be going into 2014 and beyond?

Our old champs would still be old champs. What would have been done differently to ensure we were still challenging?

We need to answer those before we can accurately say whether letting Lyon go was a mistake or whether hiring Watters was a mistake.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote: Let's hope that letting Lyon go (and we did let him go, thanks to Nettlefold's arrogant bungling), doesn't turn out to be our greatest ever c**k up, because it certainly is a significant one as it stands.
Maybe, maybe not, but the FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT LYON called it the 'end of an era' in April 2011 and then (for the reasons you outlined) LYON jumped ship...

What do you think he meant when he said 'end of an era' do you think he meant that it was significant that Gardiner and Peake and Eddy and McQaulter were ritiring... or did he mean that the Hayes, Rooy, Milne, BJ, Kosi, Dal santo era may have come to an end??

Do you think that Lyon may have called time on the team prematurely or was he making a statement that the rebuild needed to start and there was no hiding from it!!