Adam Goodes should promote the King Kong musical

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Adam Goodes should promote the King Kong musical

SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:
i am bloody tolerant...proved it today just after i left the gym to find my car inaccessible...it was angle parked....as i walked back to my car from the left hand side i noticed two women come around their car...nod their heads in agreement then start to walk off.......as i came closer i saw that the front left hand corner of their car was about two inches away from the middle of my drivers side door......there was no room between the two cars......i politely asked one of the two very african women would they mind moving their car.....one got back into their car and backed out before moving to one of the other plentiful vacant parking spots.....i thanked the other woman who turned her back on me whilst muttering something........i have never encountered such poor parking skills as i witnessed today but i kept smiling..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:...the rudeness was on a par with some on here......

Congratulations on being civil to a dark skinned person.

You're a real humanist.

:wink:

what a patronising poster you are...and i'm trying to be polite.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:]

FACTS? Stinger doesn't need facts. There’s plenty of evidence out there and Stinger knows where to look. I suggest asking potential terrorists point-blank, “Are you a terrorist?” If you’re direct they will probably respect you more and if you can gain a suspect's trust, they will spill their guts.
i don't reply to creeps like the one you quoted as i have him on ignore anyway...but i suggest you read todays papers... :roll:
Fact is most "illegal immigrants" come here by plane and have overstayed their tourist visas. They are usually white and are from the UK, US, Ireland and NZ.

Why don't you talk about them?

I don't read the papers; it's all hysteria.
you seem to want to pick a fight......but i will reply anyway...

huge difference. with the ones coming by plane on tourist visas.......they're not holding their hand out for a free lunch ffs.... and when they get caught the get deported..ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: and if you don't read the papers where the flower are you getting your information from..... but then, i suppose it pays to stay uniinformed and ignorant..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: If you travelled to Japan and India you would see that they are actually very tolerant societies. About they same as us.
I have travelled to both and you are totally incorrect. The caste system in India is inherently racist. Japanese have a word that seperates their race from all "others". It is mono cultural
gringo wrote: India particularly will tolerate muslims, jews, christian, buddhists, Jains, Sikhs etc. not exactly the picture of racism- they take in tibetan immigrants escaping persecution.
Why are you mixing sectarianism up with racism? "muslims, jews, christian, buddhists, Jains, Sikhs etc." come in all races and the sectarian violence in India is appalling.
gringo wrote: Japan has all kinds of racial groups living in the cities and you could send your kids out at any hour and know they would come home safe. We over estimate our level of civilised society.
so what? So it is safe. Doesn't mean it isn't racist. You do know that 6th generation Koreans in Japan are racially segregated dont you? That if you have Korean blood even going back 5,6 7 generation that some marriages are called off? You knew that though didn't you?

You know long it takes to get citizenship in Japan if you are "gaijin? Do you know that you are always treated as an outsider in Japan unless you are born Japanese.

It is the essence of racism. You feel it at every turn in Japan. The first place I ever had an inkling what it was like to be treated as an "other". Japanese will move seats in bars, resturants, and trains if a gaijin sits next to them.

To try to equate our open free multicultural, and generally tolerant society to the closed inherent racism of both India and Japan, belies belief and must be put down to willful ignorance or your part.

Really it hard to believe that you could written it with a straight face if you ahve any basic knowledge of either society.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

huge difference. with the ones coming by plane on tourist visas.......they're not holding their hand out for a free lunch ffs.... and when they get caught the get deported..ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: and if you don't read the papers where the flower are you getting your information from..... but then, i suppose it pays to stay uniinformed and ignorant..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Another racist generalisation.

Newspapers are NOT reliable sources of information. If I want to look into an issue I will do my own research and I do not rely on the "noise" of a newspaper. Journalists are not experts on what they write about anyway and they often get it wrong for a variety of reasons which I do not want to go into here.

BTW. I'm not picking a fight but have strong beliefs in these matters so get over it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
sippo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:

Newspapers are NOT reliable sources of information. If I want to look into an issue I will do my own research and I do not rely on the "noise" of a newspaper. Journalists are not experts on what they write about anyway and they often get it wrong for a variety of reasons which I do not want to go into here.

BTW. I'm not picking a fight but have strong beliefs in these matters so get over it.

Cos "research" is of course unbiased.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

sippo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:

Cos "research" is of course unbiased.

I have no idea what you are on about but it is if it's done properly GOOD research is lot more accurate that media stories and newspaper articles.

A simple example. Look at all the stuff on St Kilda the media has got wrong over the years.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sun 02 Jun 2013 11:58am, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

"Read the papers" = " believe everything the Herald Sun tells me"

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote: If you travelled to Japan and India you would see that they are actually very tolerant societies. About they same as us.
I have travelled to both and you are totally incorrect. The caste system in India is inherently racist. Japanese have a word that seperates their race from all "others". It is mono cultural
gringo wrote: India particularly will tolerate muslims, jews, christian, buddhists, Jains, Sikhs etc. not exactly the picture of racism- they take in tibetan immigrants escaping persecution.
Why are you mixing sectarianism up with racism? "muslims, jews, christian, buddhists, Jains, Sikhs etc." come in all races and the sectarian violence in India is appalling.
gringo wrote: Japan has all kinds of racial groups living in the cities and you could send your kids out at any hour and know they would come home safe. We over estimate our level of civilised society.
so what? So it is safe. Doesn't mean it isn't racist. You do know that 6th generation Koreans in Japan are racially segregated dont you? That if you have Korean blood even going back 5,6 7 generation that some marriages are called off? You knew that though didn't you?

You know long it takes to get citizenship in Japan if you are "gaijin? Do you know that you are always treated as an outsider in Japan unless you are born Japanese.

It is the essence of racism. You feel it at every turn in Japan. The first place I ever had an inkling what it was like to be treated as an "other". Japanese will move seats in bars, resturants, and trains if a gaijin sits next to them.

To try to equate our open free multicultural, and generally tolerant society to the closed inherent racism of both India and Japan, belies belief and must be put down to willful ignorance or your part.

Really it hard to believe that you could written it with a straight face if you ahve any basic knowledge of either society.

I know Japanese people and have been to japan and was never segregated or moved away from. It may be a personal hygine issue that saw you isolated. The sectarian issues you mention are while a single country an issue of different tribal groups with in a whole country. You have contradicted yourself though on that anyway when you said that the caste system is racist it is classist or racism like but they are not different just classed with in one society.

All I'm saying is we have a great ability to look externally and scoff at how good we do things with out cleaning up our own backyard. I actually thought we had a pretty good society with public access to most essential services but knowing a few french and Scandinavians you realise we have had our services removed by stealth and are getting screwed by private interests.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: All I'm saying is we have a great ability to look externally and scoff at how good we do things with out cleaning up our own backyard. I actually thought we had a pretty good society with public access to most essential services but knowing a few french and Scandinavians you realise we have had our services removed by stealth and are getting screwed by private interests.

Yes indeed. Scandinavians are world leaders in provision of healthcare and education and working conditions.
Australia has become more and more like the U.S and essential services are now well and truly in the grip of greedy corporations who don't give a fig for people, only money.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, you sound really, really, really sorry Ed.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Eddie McGuire is now Melbourne's top-rating FM breakfast host, talkback titan Neil Mitchell has been toppled by Jon Faine and 3AW is in danger of losing its ratings crown to the ABC.

The results of today's Nielsen survey suggest the furore over McGuire's recent "King Kong" gaffe may have attracted listeners to his show instead of driving them away.

McGuire's Hot Breakfast program jumped by 1 percentage point to claim a 9.5 per cent slice of the audience, putting him ahead of all his FM competitors – including long-time FM kings and Southern Cross Austereo counterparts Matt Tilley and Jo Stanley on Fox.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/ ... z2Xr70j4hY

markp
Saintsational Legend

Almost proves his almost point... any publicity is good publicity.

And the ABC taking the crown from 3AW?... no wonder they want to see it broken up and sold off.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

markp wrote:Almost proves his almost point... any publicity is good publicity.

And the ABC taking the crown from 3AW?... no wonder they want to see it broken up and sold off.
its a huge worry - but you can understand the tactic to kill-off the ABC as its the only place you can't buy advertorial space

Seeya
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
markp wrote:Almost proves his almost point... any publicity is good publicity.

its a huge worry - but you can understand the tactic to kill-off the ABC as its the only place you can't buy advertorial space
Why should it be broken off and sold off? So we can watch more commercial crap on TV? Selling off the ABC would just about kill all proper political discourse in this country.

We need at least one major media organisation in this country to not have any commercial alignments.