OFFICIAL MATCH DAY THREAD vs Gold Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
AP Erebus wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
AP Erebus wrote: Also, watching the Hawks/Dockers game on Ten atm... Dockers are atrocious (conditions aren't helping them, though)
no guarantees we'll win though
Ridiculous statement.

There is no guarantee the sun will rise tomorrow, but it more than likely will.

I don't care that it's the GC. We travelled interstate, missing our skipper and came away with a 20 point win.

If you're not happy with your team winning, then I don't know why you bother.
Another idiot steps up.... :roll:
Off you go back to Sad Sack land with all your other "Oh woe is us" friends :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:Structure was out of whack, no offence to Lynchy, but he can't come in and just play like Roo.

It's all good.

Bring on Freo
Interestingly I thought that when Roo was out last year that Stanley played very much like Roo from a structure perspective ie ran to the same spots and presented in a similar manner. Obviously he didn't take as many marks or get his hands on the ball as much but the other forwards all knew where he was going to go. I thought it was a big factor in us winning as many games as we did while Roo was out.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
AP Erebus wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
AP Erebus wrote: Also, watching the Hawks/Dockers game on Ten atm... Dockers are atrocious (conditions aren't helping them, though)
Ridiculous statement.

I don't care that it's the GC. We travelled interstate, missing our skipper and came away with a 20 point win.

Off you go back to Sad Sack land with all your other "Oh woe is us" friends :roll:
Knob.....cant you make a decent contribution once in a while...a real shitstick poster.....no wonder they dumped you as a moderator..... :roll:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
saint66au wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
AP Erebus wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Ridiculous statement.

Knob.....cant you make a decent contribution once in a while...a real shitstick poster.....no wonder they dumped you as a moderator..... :roll:
Well how about just OCCASIONALLY posting something positive..your obsession with whinging, the glass being perpetually half empty, our kids being rubbish..gets a bit tiring after a while..and if you think Im the only one who thinks so then you need to go back and read the responses to a lot of your posts..

Yes were all frustrated with not having won a flag, but FFS how about just enjoying your footy just a teeny bit more eh??

Oh and its neither here nor there but I wasnt "dumped as a moderator"

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Looks like a bit of vino, beer, spirits + mediocre win = firey forum!

Keep up the good work lads/ladettes!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Seems the conditions in perth aren't troubling Hawthorn.
As I said, I'm glad for the 4 points, however, that win may have been applauded and greeted with an outpouring of happiness 30 years ago when we hardly won a game.
We all know what it takes to win a premiership, because we haven't realised it yet, plus I have no doubt Gold Coast would have beaten lst week's Adelaide, or this weeks Melbourne easily.
I expected a fair bit more competition this week and I'm saying that we we're defintely not switched on this week and that can be fatal.
But this week's over, the game's over, just review see the mistakes, learn from the errors and come out a better team next week, and that is what is really important.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Just home from the game - some observations

Umpiring was atrocious , some of the worst this year

Dal is playing at a level beyond most other players on the ground - he is above ablett and BJ at the moment

Umpiring was abysmal

We missed Roo - different forward setup had us working harder for our goals. We did miss some easy ones in the first qtr that should've seem us kick 6 or 7. Suns will lament their behinds but a few were rushed by us

Did I mention the umps were woeful?

Anyway we won. That's all that matters. Suns didn't give in as usual so solid workout for us

My top 5:

Dal
Peake
BJ
Farren
Milney

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Just home from the game - some observations

Umpiring was atrocious , some of the worst this year

Dal is playing at a level beyond most other players on the ground - he is above ablett and BJ at the moment

Umpiring was abysmal

We missed Roo - different forward setup had us working harder for our goals. We did miss some easy ones in the first qtr that should've seem us kick 6 or 7. Suns will lament their behinds but a few were rushed by us

Did I mention the umps were woeful?

Anyway we won. That's all that matters. Suns didn't give in as usual so solid workout for us

My top 5:

Dal
Peake
BJ
Farren
Milney

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
saint66au wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
AP Erebus wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Ridiculous statement.

Well how about just OCCASIONALLY posting something positive..your obsession with whinging, the glass being perpetually half empty, our kids being rubbish..gets a bit tiring after a while..and if you think Im the only one who thinks so then you need to go back and read the responses to a lot of your posts..

Yes were all frustrated with not having won a flag, but FFS how about just enjoying your footy just a teeny bit more eh??

Oh and its neither here nor there but I wasnt "dumped as a moderator"
read all my posts then...not just the ones that rock your boat..

the ones that question my posts are all part of the same "clique"...the ones that think they own the site......

:roll:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Greasy night against a team that had been studying us for two years.

Bank em.

Get the f*** out of Vegas.

Reload.

Shore up sixth.

Sooks - get a life.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Greasy night against a team that had been studying us for two years.

Bank em.

Reload.

Shore up sixth.

Sooks - get a life.
Inspiring post

westy
Club Player

Half a percentage point and we would have bumped out Sydney

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Thinline wrote:Greasy night against a team that had been studying us for two years.

Bank em.

Reload.

Shore up sixth.

Sooks - get a life.
Inspiring post
Not maudlin enough.

Sorry.

For you: Why can't we lose pretty? I really think we are s***. We'll never win how I like to win... Where's my dummy?

For everyone else: Four points in the bag, looking forward to Freo, at Etihad, with Roo back.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

And he crawls into bed...

Is the game over?

The lights are so bright!