If ever you wanted to know what Riewoldt was ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: If ever you wanted to know what Riewoldt was ...

WellardSaint wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 5:05pm
barneyboyz wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 3:39pm
WellardSaint wrote: Fri 30 Aug 2019 2:23pm Ball butchers...
Geary is the worst in terms of disposal, forget the raw numbers, they mean nothing.
He is allowed to get the ball, by oppo coaches, cos they gamble on him screwing up, which he usually does
If Ratts gets the job, does that spell the end for Gears? Does his courage and desire cover and allow him some slack? or does simply being the captain?

I reckon he'll be hampered next season coming back from the injury anyway tbh
Ratts flagged moving out players who had poor levels of skill, so I would assume Gears doesn't get picked and only plays for Sandy until his contract expires, then gets deiisted.
He has absolutely no trade value, and even GC wouldn't take him.
Just my opinion, he is as brave as anyone, but his lack of skill is far too costly.
Ive admired Geary's courage and stoic loyalty but questioned his value in the past based on his disposal. I still believe there could be tagging and shutdown roles for him both in the midfield and down back but that all depends on his preseason and who we are playing.

I'd be real concerned about not playing him if there was no Carlisle Brown or Roberton.

Are we ready to entertain the thought of a backline with Paton Wilkie Coffield Clarke Battle Marsh and perhaps Keath, that have less than 150 games between them.

Savage Geary Brown and hopefully Roberton still have some value in terms of experience. Geary and Brown are still the 2 strongest defenders.

Wilkie is great at forcing his opponent into difficult spots but the rest rebound rather than defend. Mackenzie doesn't do much for me at all. His best is just ok.