Our Current Coach Says Something Important

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barneyboyz
Club Player

Re: Our Current Coach Says Something Important

terry smith rules wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 12:30pm I hate this by Ratten.

He is a caretaker coach only at this stage, not his position to discuss future tactics

Secondly what has he been doing for the last 9 months as forwards coach to try and improve skills

Poor form.
It's well known that they spend most of their time coaching performance, as opposed to skill. In effect, you either start with enough of it, or you spend the extra-carricular time required to improve it.

I believe in the possibility that nearly all skill sets can be improved on, even kicking. What I'm not so sure of is at what stage in a junior's career do they learn the most? look at the girls playing footy, and at all levels, they have made significant gains in skill capabilities at all age groups.

So, the common belief that 'men' cannot or don't to a very high level improve once they become senior players, is quite rubbish. If Womans football can continue to improve skill, then why not men???

What Brett has suggested, is that all areas are under the scope, and damn me it's good to hear, from whoever???

They aren't going to sack the lot immediately, but the so called and current 'best' players might not be good enough, simple as that

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Oh, spare us if this is our guy.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

funny ay

i loved it by Ratten

speaking like The Coach
not the caretaker.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.