Ross Lyon lunches with SOS Silvagni today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon lunches with SOS Silvagni today

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2019 10:51pm He is multi-tasking and knows well enough that coaches on the “Good” side of the ledger all have had a little boost of hot air these past few weeks, whether they like it or not. I can’t remember the details of when he left us but I think we had three, four years on the table with a few ‘ifs’ thrown in. Using that offer, I am sure the leverage with potential suitors like Freo was handy.

Ross Lyon remains a strangely charismatic and even ‘charmed’ character in the footy media landscape IMO. Freo have dropped a few pegs for sure, but still Ross has kept his Boss persona. Weird logic in the ways of the world. JFK can bang anything and be praised, if Nixon dated cast a lecherous eye he would be lynched!
Charismatic? bulls***. He was all the charm of an unpolished dog turd AFAIC.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon lunches with SOS Silvagni today

repta wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 11:21am Not sure why you would bother with Lyon.

He took a team with a good foundation (StKilda) and did a great job of getting them to a couple of Grand Finals.
As soon as it was clear they needed a rebuild he jumped ship.

He went to Freo which had an ok foundation and has run them essentially into the ground.
Now they need a rebuild and he appears to want out.

Now he is moving to Carlton that has a good foundation. ......

I just dont see him as the massiah.
Some pretty big statements there repta, any proof to back them up?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.