UMPIRES THIS WEEK

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: UMPIRES THIS WEEK

samuraisaint wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 11:23am Goal incorrectly given as a point as it was incorrectly adjudicated to have been touched off a West Coast defender when it came off Long's boot.
That's three goals they cost us - and what did we lose by again? 3 goals?
Sorry to disagree - the ball came off the WCE boot - not Long's

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 13 May 2019 6:49pm Cop out.

Learn the rules.
I think CURLY clearly knows them . She got dropped. Cost us dearly with her mistakes.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 11:23am Goal incorrectly given as a point as it was incorrectly adjudicated to have been touched off a West Coast defender when it came off Long's boot.
See, clearly so many objective people on here!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 12:13pm
See, clearly so many objective people on here!
The margin matters nowt

What matters is the being denied momentum during the game and building pressure on the opposition which gets nulliified when incorrect free kicks lead to opposition goals

Shame that you just can't admit Curly was right and that you were wrong with your judgement

AFL has clearly put their hand up and admitted costly mistakes were made - ones which you at the time wrongly stated were correct decisions

Just getting embarrassing for you now :oops:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 4:57pm
The margin matters nowt

What matters is the being denied momentum during the game and building pressure on the opposition which gets nulliified when incorrect free kicks lead to opposition goals

Shame that you just can't admit Curly was right and that you were wrong with your judgement

AFL has clearly put their hand up and admitted costly mistakes were made - ones which you at the time wrongly stated were correct decisions

It is not just that (s)he wont admit that they were wrong, but the churlish nature of telling people that they 'Should learn the rules' that gets my goat - and then to be told they they were wrong calls by the very body that made those calls - lol.

Oh well - maybe tomorrow!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
barneyboyz
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 11:31am
Sorry to disagree - the ball came off the WCE boot - not Long's
I was going 'spare' when that happened, only to concede later after watching a replay that they had got it right. Thought the crowd was going to storm the ground :)

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 5:55pm
Devilhead wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 4:57pm
The margin matters nowt

It is not just that (s)he wont admit that they were wrong, but the churlish nature of telling people that they 'Should learn the rules' that gets my goat - and then to be told they they were wrong calls by the very body that made those calls - lol.

Oh well - maybe tomorrow!
What are you talking about? I’ve stated a number of times I never argued the Brown call.

I’m saying it’s pointless and annoying to continually sook about umpiring week after week. And if you only whinge about the standard of umpiring when it goes against us and not for us, then you have zero credibility on the subject.

Swings and roundabouts.

Oh, and learn the rules. :D

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The umpires weren't the reason we lost - it is the hail marys being booted into the forward line usually to the benefit of our taller opponents, and our inability to convert. Let's be honest - we aren't going to win many games against top eight sides kicking ten goals a match are we?

Our back half is decimated and we are missing several of our mids, but we have to start making our good play count.

Having just said all of that I have just now watched an Eagle obviously throw the ball to Sheed right in front of an umpire and who allowed Sheed to then kick the goal to put them back in front. Cripps drops the ball in a tackle and play on. They do get an excellent rub of the green wherever they play...Mind you that's not the reason Melbourne are losing either; they're very sloppy.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Special
Club Player

Maybe the next female AFL umpire will be picked on ability not gender equilasation.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

They stitched us up today with Collingwood getting double the frees. New rule only applicable to Collingwood today was take a tackle on realise your gone flop get a push in the back free. So many times Collingwood players took on the tackler get caught and either throw it out or coil up like a amadillo and no free. Bruce was clearly held in the first he even had time to stand there and appeal as the ball bounced towards him again no free. Kent clearly held again 15 out from goal in clear view no free.

Biased rubbish. Collingwood last two weeks 45-17.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 11:46pm They stitched us up today with Collingwood getting double the frees. New rule only applicable to Collingwood today was take a tackle on realise your gone flop get a push in the back free. So many times Collingwood players took on the tackler get caught and either throw it out or coil up like a amadillo and no free. Bruce was clearly held in the first he even had time to stand there and appeal as the ball bounced towards him again no free. Kent clearly held again 15 out from goal in clear view no free.

Mc Kenzie also got a touch of his boot to the ball. Clear for all to see, except the maggot who payed a free to the filth who then goaled.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 11:46pm They stitched us up today with Collingwood getting double the frees. New rule only applicable to Collingwood today was take a tackle on realise your gone flop get a push in the back free. So many times Collingwood players took on the tackler get caught and either throw it out or coil up like a amadillo and no free. Bruce was clearly held in the first he even had time to stand there and appeal as the ball bounced towards him again no free. Kent clearly held again 15 out from goal in clear view no free.

Yep, the umpires are the biased ones :lol: :lol: :lol:

According to ‘Curly rules’ it’s play on if you land square in the oppositions back when tackling them, if your wearing a Saints jumper that is! :lol:

Also if your wearing a Saints jumper it’s a free every time you play for a free kick, cos Saints! :lol:

Learn the rules!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 5:55pm

According to ‘Curly rules’ it’s play on if you land square in the oppositions back when tackling them, if your wearing a Saints jumper that is! :lol:

Also if your wearing a Saints jumper it’s a free every time you play for a free kick, cos Saints! :lol:

Learn the rules!

Garry Lyon and others called the umpires out for continually paying Collingwood free kicks for flopping. Take on the tackler get caught throw yourself forward get a free. Pies player was lying on Steels back and he appealed to the umpires no free. Collingwood got at least 5.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 6:49pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 5:55pm

Learn the rules!

Garry Lyon and others called the umpires out for continually paying Collingwood free kicks for flopping. Take on the tackler get caught throw yourself forward get a free. Pies player was lying on Steels back and he appealed to the umpires no free. Collingwood got at least 5.
They were calling out the rule, not the umpire paying them (which were 100% correct), there’s a difference, but of course that doesn’t fit your uninformed biased agenda!

Learn the rules.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 7:16pm
They were calling out the rule, not the umpire paying them (which were 100% correct), there’s a difference, but of course that doesn’t fit your uninformed biased agenda!

Learn the rules.
I believe as much as they could - they were calling it that the Umps were falling for Collingwood's flopping.

― Aristophanes

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 7:54pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 7:16pm

Learn the rules.
I believe as much as they could - they were calling it that the Umps were falling for Collingwood's flopping.

100% correct. Basically saying they are flopping and the umpire rewarding them for it. They ignored a couple of clear in the backs our way yet paid all there’s. When the umpire ignored Bruce being held 25 out directly in front umpire had full view of it and Bruce was appealing and trying to break the hold as the ball bounced his way. Umpire ignored Kent in a one on one running towards goal as he appealed clear hold then Dunstan was decapitated in front of goal no free.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 8:40pm
100% correct. Basically saying they are flopping and the umpire rewarding them for it. They ignored a couple of clear in the backs our way yet paid all there’s. When the umpire ignored Bruce being held 25 out directly in front umpire had full view of it and Bruce was appealing and trying to break the hold as the ball bounced his way. Umpire ignored Kent in a one on one running towards goal as he appealed clear hold then Dunstan was decapitated in front of goal no free.
Curls - to satisfy The_Dud - I think you need to preface all comments with - "Not that I think they impacted the game, but ..."

Such as:
Not that I think they impacted the game, but ... we have backs too!

That might stop some of the arguments.

For what it is worth - I do not think that they robbed us this week - but - last week - different story!

― Aristophanes

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 9:45pm
Curls - to satisfy The_Dud - I think you need to preface all comments with - "Not that I think they impacted the game, but ..."

Such as:

For what it is worth - I do not think that they robbed us this week - but - last week - different story!
I coach the nephew of a senior player at StKilda. His brother played very high level football as well who assists me. He said today the players were furious after the game with the double standards that teams were umpires yesterday. The amount of repeat tackles that didn’t get rewarded only to be pinned themselves moments later.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 10:33pm

Such as:

I coach the nephew of a senior player at StKilda. His brother played very high level football as well who assists me. He said today the players were furious after the game with the double standards that teams were umpires yesterday. The amount of repeat tackles that didn’t get rewarded only to be pinned themselves moments later.
Tut, Tut .. Curls

Where is the - Not that I think they impacted the game, but ....

― Aristophanes

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Such as:

Ah, are those the same players (any player from any team) who throw their hands in the air and complain when they give away a free kick that is blatantly obvious a free kick on replay? Yep, great unbiased judges they are!

And in-the-back is in-the-back, regardless of whether the player flops or not, it’s not like the ducking the head rule. But of course you’d know this if you learnt the rules :)

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 11:51pm

Such as:

Ah, are those the same players (any player from any team) who throw their hands in the air and complain when they give away a free kick that is blatantly obvious a free kick on replay? Yep, great unbiased judges they are!

And in-the-back is in-the-back, regardless of whether the player flops or not, it’s not like the ducking the head rule. But of course you’d know this if you learnt the rules :)

No the Dud this is a football group including coaches and admin that were bemused by the umpiring this week. The question will be asked at a higher level. The amount of frees for the Pies players flopping while players getting driven into the back being ingnored was a major concern. Also the lack of reward for our tackling was a major frustration.

21-10 in a close game is horrendous.
Last edited by CURLY on Tue 21 May 2019 9:50am, edited 1 time in total.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Special wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 12:49pm Maybe the next female AFL umpire will be picked on ability not gender equilasation.
dear oh dear.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 9:45am
Special wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 12:49pm Maybe the next female AFL umpire will be picked on ability not gender equilasation.
dear oh dear.
Truth hurts I guess she is no good.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 9:51am
dear oh dear.
Too true, unfortunately.

suss
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 6:10pm
CURLY wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 9:51am
dear oh dear.
Too true, unfortunately.
C’mon saynta ... there are a lot of dud umpires out there. What about Margetts or that little turd who barracks for Hawthorn. We’ve been stitched up before without any ramifications for the umpires. Why her? Why now?