Melbourne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Melbourne

It has taken a few games for Dean Kent to get the Melbourne out of him.
:D

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 25 Apr 2019 2:56pm We've been going on about our Coach and our Club's decision making and even casting an envious eye towards Melbourne.

The reality is Melbourne are a Club under the AFL's Administration. They have so many Coaches that they need a grandstand for them all. Yet it may be that the succession plan hasn't worked. Richo has coached the pants off Goodwin consistently, in our wins over Melb in recent years, Richo has rendered their usual Ruck dominance a liability, each time in different ways.

They finished last year needing outside silk and speed. Did they throw the kitchen sink at Gaff? No, they went after a fullback instead and traded Hogan and Kent, after dispatching Watts the year before. Now they still need outside silk and speed, but also need an entire forward line. Petracca is the only viable forward they have, Weideman is a good prospect with a long way to go.

Then they fancy themselves as a Premiership contender when they can't defend!

Their response to the roughing up of Max Gawn in Rd 1 was a pathetic joke. Poor widdle Max, so they lineup against Geelong with the mids intent on looking after Max!!!! I thought it works the other way around???

This from a mob who came back for their preseason in crap condition and the year before had called in the Union when training got too tough!!! Their List has a gigantic soft underbelly.

Wadda you mean "we".?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Thu 25 Apr 2019 1:26pm
CarlD wrote: Thu 25 Apr 2019 9:49am Sydney Stack certainly got Viney in the crosshairs last night and went right on through.
He can play, too. Looks a gun
Tough love was required by several mentors before this teenager came to understand that sacrifices need to be made to make it as a professional

I heard an interview on SEN with Peter Sumich and he talked about this kid. If you google 'Sumich SEN Sydney Stack' you'll find an article on their website. Peter mentioned a few oher things which were left out of the article but the main take I got from the interview was that you can't be soft on your players if you want them to succeed in the long term.

Sumich said that Sydney had a pretty rough upbringing where he lived in various players and moved house a fair bit. They were very poor and he witnessed more than most young kids would and it meant that it was difficult for him to be settled and stable. Not ideal conditions to flourish as a teenager and be able to achieve your goals when drinking and staying out late is par for the course for many kids in a similar situation

From what I recall, Sumich said that Sydney missed training sessions or turned up still intoxicated from a night out and Suma dropped him from the WA under 18's. No matter how much Sydney begged and pleaded with Suma, he wouldn't back down. Suma said that Stack could not get away with that sort of behaviour if he wanted to become an AFL player and he told him that if he wanted to be a professional footballer that it would not be tolerated. Sumich had to discipline Stack on several occasions and made him understand that there were consequences when you slip up and you also let down yourself, your family and your team mates

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:46pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 25 Apr 2019 2:56pm We've been going on about our Coach and our Club's decision making and even casting an envious eye towards Melbourne.

The reality is Melbourne are a Club under the AFL's Administration. They have so many Coaches that they need a grandstand for them all. Yet it may be that the succession plan hasn't worked. Richo has coached the pants off Goodwin consistently, in our wins over Melb in recent years, Richo has rendered their usual Ruck dominance a liability, each time in different ways.

They finished last year needing outside silk and speed. Did they throw the kitchen sink at Gaff? No, they went after a fullback instead and traded Hogan and Kent, after dispatching Watts the year before. Now they still need outside silk and speed, but also need an entire forward line. Petracca is the only viable forward they have, Weideman is a good prospect with a long way to go.

Their response to the roughing up of Max Gawn in Rd 1 was a pathetic joke. Poor widdle Max, so they lineup against Geelong with the mids intent on looking after Max!!!! I thought it works the other way around???

This from a mob who came back for their preseason in crap condition and the year before had called in the Union when training got too tough!!! Their List has a gigantic soft underbelly.

Wadda you mean "we".?
Poorly worded. I meant many on this Forum, wasn't intended to mean you or I.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 12:33pm
saynta wrote: Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:46pm

Wadda you mean "we".?
Poorly worded. I meant many on this Forum, wasn't intended to mean you or I.
:wink:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Let’s all get Sydney Stack caps with his name on it.

And call them “stack hats”

How retro is that??!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.