Margin Rd 4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Margin Rd 4

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2019 1:46pm
samuraisaint wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2019 10:00am Hawks by under two goals.
We still can't hit targets by hand and foot, our forwards don't play in front often enough (our forwards always seem to be going for marks of the year contenders every week). Scoring conversion inside 50 by mids and forwards still very poor. Hawks are very good at all of these things despite not being the team they were a few years ago. They are still a top four side and we are still a bottom four side. The fact this week the match is played at home for us is a massive advantage, but not enough to close the gulf between coaches, and playing systems.
They don't put sides away like they used to, the Hawks, but they still beat the likes of Sydney and Adelaide interstate every year, and can beat North in Tassie, and we are light years away from that form. Light years.
It doesn't matter how badly the Dawks are playing, Clarko is a much better coach than AR.
Tony74 said Lyin outcoached AR.

Looks like Clarko, + umps, will beat us
Lyon has the score on the board. He clearly outcoached AR let's be honest. He orchestrated an absolute regulation Ross Lyon victory on Sunday. Attack against St Kilda hard early in a game and ice the result by half time, then defend, defend, defend, because St. Kilda can't convert. The whole industry knows this now. Lyon can coach, no doubt about that.
The fact that we still make the same deplorable skill errors by hand and by foot, and that we still kick the ball high and ugly into our forward line like a junior football team after almost six years is an indictment on us as a football club. The players are coached to execute skills in a certain way so that they can play their roles in a team in order to meet the demands of a game plan. Comes down to coaching and player development. Why have all of our ex-ruckmen come on at other teams, given time? Simple, player development, and as Stonecold said, and he nailed it, players mature. If they are coached poorly in chaotic systems, they won't meet their true potential as players.
Also, the cuts to the list went nowhere deep enough in my opinion. The recruiting in the off season did not address the potential issues to several of our players' welfare concerns, and it now looks like we may be in the situation that five important players who are key to our success may not play a single senior match in 2019, with no ready made playing replacements to cover them - for season 2019 - and beyond. Five players - 0 matches - that is going to have an effect when we are deeper into the season.
It won't be the umpires who will beat us - it is circumstances and some of them are of our own making.
So far we've been really better than competitive in the five games, including practice matches, we've played so far, but this weekend is the beginning of a horror stretch of six matches, of which I don't believe we will win any based on exposed form. However, things don't stay the same forever, and we could beat the Dees, and we may find the Crows are more beatable in Melbourne this year than they have been since 2011 for example.
We'll give the Hawks a run for their money, I am sure of that.
If AR values his job, he will ensure that the team come out prepared this Sunday and that the best possible team is selected to at least give St. Kilda some chance.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
guitars4
Club Player

guitars4 wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2019 7:20pm Saints by a point :wink:
I've changed my mind after looking at the selected sides I'm saying Hawks by 24 points

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Hawks by 36