Team v Bumbers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Bumbers

Mr Magic wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 3:23pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 2:44pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 10:23am Finally Paton gets a run. No surprises for me anymore as I have given up expecting newnes and Lonie to be dropped.
I hope we at least.make a game of the first quarter. Can't see us winning this after the last few games but I am happy with the amount of debuts this year. Ray connelan is about the only other player to debut but he isn't really ready yet. Good for next year and if we get 3 more flogging Ricoh.may walk
I don't understand why people on this site want Lonie dropped.
I think he has shown enough in the last 4 weeks to hold his spot and get a contract for next year.

Give me a choice between Mav and Lonie and I'd be going for the little man.
Despite a poor start to the season I still think Lonie will make it as an AFL player.
IMHO I don't think that Mav and Lonie are competing for the same spot.
I think Lonie is competing with Long for that particular spot, and I don't think, given Long's form before injury, that Lonie is even in the conversation with Long.
What are Lonie's and Long's stats so far this season as half forwards?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Lonie would only be competing for a spot on the bench imho.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Looking forward to the Geary Goddard match up. Excellent foot skills (one), both high leapers, both leaders of men. I am sure Jared could get Brendon to pout if he tried.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 3:23pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 2:44pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 10:23am Finally Paton gets a run. No surprises for me anymore as I have given up expecting newnes and Lonie to be dropped.
I hope we at least.make a game of the first quarter. Can't see us winning this after the last few games but I am happy with the amount of debuts this year. Ray connelan is about the only other player to debut but he isn't really ready yet. Good for next year and if we get 3 more flogging Ricoh.may walk
I don't understand why people on this site want Lonie dropped.
I think he has shown enough in the last 4 weeks to hold his spot and get a contract for next year.

Give me a choice between Mav and Lonie and I'd be going for the little man.
Despite a poor start to the season I still think Lonie will make it as an AFL player.
IMHO I don't think that Mav and Lonie are competing for the same spot.
I think Lonie is competing with Long for that particular spot, and I don't think, given Long's form before injury, that Lonie is even in the conversation with Long.
I don’t think there would be too many who would choose Lonie over Long, however different style of player Mav and Lonie both play a small forward pressure role.

Lonie to me has given himself a shot at a new contract in the last month and good on him.

He makes mistakes and has flaws but you cannot question his endevour and he can win the ball.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Lonie has kicked 4.4 in two weeks, mav has 5.7 in his last 14 games.

Care closed.

Can of coke coming our way.