Overthrow the board!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Overthrow the board!

clean out from top to bottom but who gets slotted in ?

spert
Saintsational Legend

You don't want bad publicity at the top of a club, especially over personal issues, but also you don't want insipid leadership under the guise of "stability". We are as much a joke now as we were under the final days of Butters and the Footy First push

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 11:26pm Anyone notice this: Grant Thomas tweeted this on last Thursday night (2/8), in response to a question asking how to make the Saints relevent again:

"Complete reboot. From top to bottom. Passive. Predictable. Pedestrian. Nice. Accomodating. Lacking dynamic leadership that can drive cultural change. I’m afraid we are rudderless & in a similar state to early in the millennium".
Unfortunately, this is absolutely spot on.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 12:39am
jaxons wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 12:25am
Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 11:26pm Anyone notice this: Grant Thomas tweeted this on last Thursday night (2/8), in response to a question asking how to make the Saints relevent again:

"Complete reboot. From top to bottom. Passive. Predictable. Pedestrian. Nice. Accomodating. Lacking dynamic leadership that can drive cultural change. I’m afraid we are rudderless & in a similar state to early in the millennium".
A more accurate assessment of where we are at and what we need to do has not been written this year.
Sadly it would appear we are bereft of outside influential people with the necessary time and connections to fetch change
We really are in trouble and at risk
I thought you said that Lethlean was going over Matt’s head and talking directly to Gill.
Teflon wrote: Sat 04 Aug 2018 11:49pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 04 Aug 2018 11:46pm It's not how it works. Lethlean reports to Finnis; he just can't do what he wants.
Not quite what I’ve heard
Lethlean has direct links elsewhere I suspect if it’s as bad as it looks then the necessary changes can happen

Sounds kinda contradictory.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95942&hilit=Teflon&start=125

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 12:32pm

A more accurate assessment of where we are at and what we need to do has not been written this year.
Sadly it would appear we are bereft of outside influential people with the necessary time and connections to fetch change
I thought you said that Lethlean was going over Matt’s head and talking directly to Gill.
SaintPav wrote: Sat 04 Aug 2018 11:46pm It's not how it works. Lethlean reports to Finnis; he just can't do what he wants.
Lethlean has direct links elsewhere I suspect if it’s as bad as it looks then the necessary changes can happen

I don’t think there’s any doubt he’ll chat to Gill...
But recent ITKs suggest Richo out of his scope..
Anyhoo no one really knows so we’ll see
What’s news down at Centrelink?

“Yeah….nah””
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SS.net should take over the board and leadership positions.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 1:09pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 12:32pm

I don’t think there’s any doubt he’ll chat to Gill...
But recent ITKs suggest Richo out of his scope..
Anyhoo no one really knows so we’ll see
What’s news down at Centrelink?
Hmm.

🤔

Same old same old here.

Helping out a few displaced workers this morning find jobs in the area.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Myron Gaines
Club Player

Is Richo on your books, Pav?