No Geary, no worries!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: No Geary, no worries!

saintadamski wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 8:13pm I have been saying this for years
Geary is not an elite player, and his decision making with disposals is very often poor. In my opinion, I also don't think that he is captain material.
What we have seen in the 4th quarter of the West Coast game was a formula that not only will start winning us games, but also develop the likes of Rice, Gresham, White, Coffield, McKenzie, and Austin into really good players.
I much prefer Austin over Brown - quicker and more nimble....and Rice - so cool under pressure with great decision making. (and he's ONLY 19!!)

If Geary, Gilbert, Lonie, Armitage and Weller keep getting played week in week out after what we have just witnessed, questions must be asked
Richo, we now all know that we have some decent youth - If you play Geary - I think a tagging role is a great idea, as he has great stamina
I still have faith that now, you will make the right decisions for the club. Time will tell
Hate to be a party pooper but Kennedy did kick 6 goals on somebody, And fortunately for us. they lost their other key forward early in the game.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

We seem to have an abundance of young small/ mid backs.
IMO they need a general to organise the defence, and I don't want this to be Brown as i'd rather see Logan developed. This leaves Geary.

Alternatively I'd like to see Geary play forward in a McDonald-Tipunwuti style crash and bash pressure role replacing Lonie or Weller.

For the remainder of the season we would do worse than the below as the back six if Geary played forward
Rice Austin White
Coffield Carslile Clark

I like Rice, he's a natural footballer with good foot skills but I'm still not sold on his agility or leg speed.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 1:43pm We seem to have an abundance of young small/ mid backs.
IMO they need a general to organise the defence, and I don't want this to be Brown as i'd rather see Logan developed. This leaves Geary.

Alternatively I'd like to see Geary play forward in a McDonald-Tipunwuti style crash and bash pressure role replacing Lonie or Weller.

For the remainder of the season we would do worse than the below as the back six if Geary played forward
Rice Austin White
Coffield Carslile Clark

I like Rice, he's a natural footballer with good foot skills but I'm still not sold on his agility or leg speed.
And Webster?

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Don't think Gears will be playing the next couple of weeks anyway. Coach said so too.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 2:09pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 1:43pm We seem to have an abundance of young small/ mid backs.

Rice Austin White
Coffield Carslile Clark

And Webster?
Obviously not worth a game :oops: :oops: :oops:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 3:14pm

Rice Austin White
Coffield Carslile Clark

And Webster?
Just to add to your embarrassment fox footy just named him as the only saints player in their mid season AA squad of 40 :D

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 4:10pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 3:14pm

Rice Austin White
Coffield Carslile Clark

And Webster?
Just to add to your embarrassment fox footy just named him as the only saints player in their mid season AA squad of 40 :D
Fox Footy, pfft...what would they know :wink:

saintadamski
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 11:27am
Geary is not an elite player, and his decision making with disposals is very often poor. In my opinion, I also don't think that he is captain material.
What we have seen in the 4th quarter of the West Coast game was a formula that not only will start winning us games, but also develop the likes of Rice, Gresham, White, Coffield, McKenzie, and Austin into really good players.
I much prefer Austin over Brown - quicker and more nimble....and Rice - so cool under pressure with great decision making. (and he's ONLY 19!!)

If Geary, Gilbert, Lonie, Armitage and Weller keep getting played week in week out after what we have just witnessed, questions must be asked
Richo, we now all know that we have some decent youth - If you play Geary - I think a tagging role is a great idea, as he has great stamina
I still have faith that now, you will make the right decisions for the club. Time will tell
Hate to be a party pooper but Kennedy did kick 6 goals on somebody, And fortunately for us. they lost their other key forward early in the game.
And I'd hate to be a party pooper but did you actually watch HOW Kennedy kicked his goals in the 3rd quarter:
- Kennedy kicked his first of the term from 45m - the only one you could argue that the absence of wonderman Geary had anything to do with
- earned his second after a crunching tackle on Jimmy Webster - Nothing to do with Geary
- was paid a free kick in a marking contest for his third - Umpire goal - nothing to do with Geary
- and snapped his fourth out of traffic. - nothing to do with Geary

Somehow the absence of 'Wave your arms in the air and fall to the ground' Geary was the reason for those 4 goals in your opinion?!?!?!

And the fact that we finally started playing like a real footy team in quarter 4 when Geary was thankfully gone has left absolutely no impression on you whatsoever?

Incredible stuff

The Recruit
Club Player

For Geary's sake he should not be captain of the club.
Being captain creates unnecessary expectation and attention.
He should be given the permission to be a good player in our team as he does not have the capacity to be a great one.
If he wasn't captain the heat on him would be far less. The club surly realizes this.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintadamski wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 9:23pm
saynta wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 11:27am

And I'd hate to be a party pooper but did you actually watch HOW Kennedy kicked his goals in the 3rd quarter:
- Kennedy kicked his first of the term from 45m - the only one you could argue that the absence of wonderman Geary had anything to do with
- earned his second after a crunching tackle on Jimmy Webster - Nothing to do with Geary
- was paid a free kick in a marking contest for his third - Umpire goal - nothing to do with Geary
- and snapped his fourth out of traffic. - nothing to do with Geary

Somehow the absence of 'Wave your arms in the air and fall to the ground' Geary was the reason for those 4 goals in your opinion?!?!?!

And the fact that we finally started playing like a real footy team in quarter 4 when Geary was thankfully gone has left absolutely no impression on you whatsoever?

Incredible stuff
I don't know if you are referring to me or to saintadamski but I have not criticised Gears. Never have as far as I recall.

chico2001
Club Player

Geary will come back into the side there is no doubt about that and he is the current captain so he wont get pushed out the door in 2018 and 2019.They may have to rethink his role at the end of the year though. I am no fan of his either but they are just the facts IMHO.

stonecold
SS Life Member

chico2001 wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 2:57pm Geary will come back into the side there is no doubt about that and he is the current captain so he wont get pushed out the door in 2018 and 2019.They may have to rethink his role at the end of the year though. I am no fan of his either but they are just the facts IMHO.
Those that really matter like him, after all it was the players that voted him in!!!!!

But hey, what would they know about anything????? ;)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Shocking way to speak about the captain of St. F. C

Disgraceful.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintadamski
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 4:27pm Shocking way to speak about the captain of St. F. C

Disgraceful.
Yep, no matter how crap our captain is, we should never speak ill of him...we should never voice our opinions and should always suck up the poo dished out weekly, all the way to the bottom of the ladder..
Hold on...this is Australia? Oh I thought we were in a totalitarian St Kilda society ...oops my bad
Are we allowed to portray Geary in drawings or paintings? Is that Blasphemy?
haha