Weller Out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Weller Out

magnifisaint wrote:I think Mav has bulked up too much. His muscles are too heavy for his ankles.
Yep, maybe too much muscle has a negative effect.

Not able to change direction quickly like Wright.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Mac was being bagged out prior to this week, not sure why?

His numbers are very good for a medium HF... Very strange

Weller was good last week but the week prior wasn't impacting games like he had last year. Down we're the contested marks and explosive pace.

Last week looked his old self. Aligned with the word he had been playing sore for a few weeks.

Not sure your obsession. Maybe the game looks a bit different from the television instead of at the ground.

At least this isn't another Dunstan post though. Credit where it is due.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Well, Dunstan is in the two's... Not much to discuss there, other than the coach has dropped him for not winning enough footy...

I have seen nothing different about Mavs output. He had a bad half, and the rest has been similar

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Nathan Wright's return to the senior side last year happened at the start of our good finish, over the last 10 odd rounds.

His manic front half defending made a significant difference - he gets to contest after contest, and scraps around well enough that he went at about a goal a game (that's how I recall it, haven't checked).

He's a different player to Weller, in that he can change direction much quicker (hence, the contest to contest).

And, he's brave (not that Weller isn't, but Wright's crazy brave) - wasn't it against Girlong last year, when he came back on all busted up from prior efforts?

I'm a Wrighty fan (in case you couldn't tell) good/v.good 1st year, Geary busted his leg early in his 2nd, then Betts busted his jaw, badly, in his 3rd(the last 2 might be arse about). No luck, stuck with it, and they got it right when they shifted him forward.

Yes, we have possibly too many who don't get enough of it, but Wrighty better than most, makes it hard for opponents to get it out.

It's his mid distance kicking that is his flaw, but playing forward that's a lot less of a problem than it is when he comes off half back.
Wright played in the first game this year with only 8 disposals before being omitted until this round.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:I think Mav has bulked up too much. His muscles are too heavy for his ankles.
It never did that to the likes of Mickey Conlan.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:

Maybe the saints should get you down to advise on training loads and their weights program

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saynta wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

Maybe the saints should get you down to advise on training loads and their weights program
I offered my services for free, but they declined :mrgreen:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
saynta wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

I offered my services for free, but they declined :mrgreen:
:? :shock:

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Ridiculous Paddy kicks 7 - could have had 10 they said - and Richo still won't play him. No wonder clubs are circling. We better kick enough goals tonight that's all I'll say #playpaddy

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Clubs aren't circling...at least no more than usual it was kb made up crap! Paddy won't go anywhere...he'll earn his spot

#1 Ryder fan
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Ridiculous Paddy kicks 7 - could have had 10 they said - and Richo still won't play him. No wonder clubs are circling. We better kick enough goals tonight that's all I'll say #playpaddy
Another useless post!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Ridiculous Paddy kicks 7 - could have had 10 they said - and Richo still won't play him. No wonder clubs are circling. We better kick enough goals tonight that's all I'll say #playpaddy
Another useless post!
I've got a long way to go to catch up with your truckload of useless posts. My point is much more long term. But I know strategic thinking is difficult for you. Shush now little baby.