Nat Fyfe What will it take

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nat Fyfe What will it take

Fyfe is the cream of the crop we need- and I would sell the farm to get him over. A team with Fyfe and the improving Acres, plus Steven together on the ball would help our finals aspirations no end- coupled with the improving Ross and grunt from Dunstan. Sounds like an onball/ midfield combination that would he very effective.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Acres is our potential Fyfe. Billings will be a gun as well. If we can get Fyfe as a FA next year, then go for it. Don't trade away our future stars. Pick 10 could also end up being elite. Look at Gresham. Too many great saints have ended up winning premierships for other clubs. Billings and Acres should be in the untouchable category. Gresh also. We need a couple of line breakers and another tall defender. Yes, Fyfe would be an awesome get, but there is also the question of his leg injury. If you were to trade out Billings and two first round picks, you are giving away three potentially elite players for one, whose body and behaviour both have significant question marks about them. No thanks, for the terms being suggested.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I agree with Fyfe as FA for SFA.
Otherwise a huge injury risk - think Nathan Brown, think Nathan Freeman,etc (Nat is also a Nathan!).
Even at his best he was never a line-breaker - and that's what we need to balance things up in our midfield, especially if we land a Mitchell and/ or Steele who will further add to our ever -burgeoning inside midfield group.
horrendous injuries = horrendous risk
Last edited by samoht on Tue 04 Oct 2016 11:17am, edited 2 times in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Lets try McCartin, Billings and Acres.

Lets get rid of them for one player!

Great idea. What does BS think at Big Footy. Any 4am tweets?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So how's he going to play post injury?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stkfc1
Club Player

Like JO, Fyfe has too many question marks over how he'll return for mine. I'd rather see how he comes back next year and try to get him year after if we can. Otherwise stick to the plan. Go the draft this year and FA next year. Would rather get two to three A graders than one superstar who potentially stuffs up our salary cap. If we do get Steele are we going to play Steele , Acres and Fyfe in one team? To much alike body wise. We need speed, speed and more speed (with decent kicking skills). I believe we should be on the look out for best possible key defenders this year. Build the structure first and add the bling afterwards.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Well, after recovering from injury, if Fyfe can get back to full running and still kick the footy 60 metres both feet, then for mine, we get him as a half forward, as Fyfe at 80% is probably still better than a lot of players at 100%, and that pretty much gives us a very potent forward line that would be very hard to match up on- money well spent.

jaxons
Club Player

The Recruit wrote:heartbreaker! I did preface my post with 'a bit of fun' and worth a discussion.......so yes it is uninformed :wink: ....I did float maybe this year first round and next as well as billings...you yourself said Ross would take this...

but what about the looming 2018 free agent issue? The Dockers don't hold all the cards?
I didn't say Ross would take this.
Freo have no interest in Billings.
I said it would take two top 12 picks plus a player they would want like a Paddy or a Acres.
Please quote me properly thanks!
Last edited by jaxons on Tue 04 Oct 2016 4:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Well, after recovering from injury, if Fyfe can get back to full running and still kick the footy 60 metres both feet, then for mine, we get him as a half forward, as Fyfe at 80% is probably still better than a lot of players at 100%, and that pretty much gives us a very potent forward line that would be very hard to match up on- money well spent.
So we manage to lure a brownlow medalist, top 3 mid of the comp on 1.5 mil per year, then play him as a half forward?

C'mon spert, you're better than that.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

We can also throw in our recruiting team as far as I'm concerned - if we would contemplate doing a deal like that.Not to mention my membership.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

and we can all go and buy a Bulldogs membership

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
samoht
Saintsational Legend

Quote me properly!
I can't see it happening - otherwise I wouldn't have said it!

The Recruit
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
The Recruit wrote:heartbreaker! I did preface my post with 'a bit of fun' and worth a discussion.......so yes it is uninformed :wink: ....I did float maybe this year first round and next as well as billings...you yourself said Ross would take this...

but what about the looming 2018 free agent issue? The Dockers don't hold all the cards?
I dibnt say Ross would take this.
Freo have no interest in Billings.
I said it would take two top 12 picks plus a player they would want like a Paddy or a Acres.
Please quote me properly thanks!
Why wouldn't Freo have interest in Billings? This implies he isn't as good as acres? Which is troubling as a Saints supporter. IMO they are fairly comparable....? No I didn't quote your correctly but Billing or Acres...whats the difference?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I would prefer to target a player like josh kelly over Fyfe - better fit for a number of reasons imo

#1 Ryder fan
spert
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
spert wrote:Well, after recovering from injury, if Fyfe can get back to full running and still kick the footy 60 metres both feet, then for mine, we get him as a half forward, as Fyfe at 80% is probably still better than a lot of players at 100%, and that pretty much gives us a very potent forward line that would be very hard to match up on- money well spent.
So we manage to lure a brownlow medalist, top 3 mid of the comp on 1.5 mil per year, then play him as a half forward?

C'mon spert, you're better than that.
Mate, I can drive Ferrari on the racetrack, or drive it down to the shops (not that I have a Ferrari). If you have one, you can do what you like with it. :D :D

kalsaint
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote:Too much - would rather 3 x A grade players than one superstar!
While I would love Fyfe, I agree this would be a huge risk to club performance if he gets injured a lot. We still wouldn't have the spread of quality midfielders to get us to the top four unless the youth really come on. It could be argued for all sides that their youth could move forward. Where does that leave us? I would say having a go and not succeeding again like 2009-10. That would be brutal.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency