Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armo

skeptic wrote:Look i don't disagree with your fabric of the club argument in principle. I think it was Terry Wallace that said that moving on Stephen Powell from the Bulldogs years ago set them back more than he could have imagined and far beyond what came of his onfield performance... And one could argue that he their loss was our gain given how much we improved shortly after he came on board.
That point is clear...

I guess i'm zeroing in on trying to figure out what you think we should do rather than not do... And in that sense perhaps reading too much into what you've been saying.
Con is arguing that Armo is the most dispensable... And bringing JOM in, Well it would suggest that it would cost us Armo + whatever more.

I thought you were saying we should get him, but not sacrifice Armo but a better/more valuable player and was struggling to follow the logic but that's not what you're saying. Just that you want to keep Armo. Correct?
Correct.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Remind me again why he didn't play in our GFs ...

Cos he wasn't good enough until 2-3 years later and a bit one dimensional with his lack of versatility.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: And bringing JOM in, Well it would suggest that it would cost us Armo + whatever more.
Yes unfortunately he'd cost an Armo and a Lego :(

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Remind me again why he didn't play in our GFs ...

Cos he wasn't good enough until 2-3 years later and a bit one dimensional with his lack of versatility.
Unlike Robert Eddy, Andrew McQualter?

He was BOG in Rd 19 against Hawthorn 2009.

To the top
SS Life Member

It was a massive mis-judgement not to include Armitage and Steven (on the back of v. Hawthorn in Tasmania where Ball also performed) in place of the likes of McQualter, Eddy et al.

lewdogs
Club Player

To the top wrote:It was a massive mis-judgement not to include Armitage and Steven (on the back of v. Hawthorn in Tasmania where Ball also performed) in place of the likes of McQualter, Eddy et al.
I agree but every time I think about it it makes me a mixture of angry and depressed.