Next Week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint_J
Club Player

Re: Next Week

tony74 wrote:Most important game of the season. Already drummed in by the coaches.
Club needs a new drum T :wink: or make sure it has a skin. :mrgreen:

Playon
Club Player

Honestly guys get off Tony's back, he didnt kick the ball.

Theres a lot to be said about scoreboard pressure, did we take our opportunities?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Honestly guys get off Tony's back, he didnt kick the ball.

Theres a lot to be said about scoreboard pressure, did we take our opportunities?
I'd have settled for pressure on the ball carrier or effort to pressure the ball carrier...
Weakest effort all season.

ctqs
Club Player

tony74 wrote:Most important game of the season. Already drummed in by the coaches.

Words words words.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Everyone talking finals last week was insane. Collingwood beat Geelong for crying out loud. Upsets happen. Young team - will be up and down. This was never the most important game of the season. Silly by Tony. I thought it would be tough and we looked as flat as a tack. Some of the guys like Dunny, Newnes, Ross, Acres need to start taking responsibility and make it so if the oppo can't just shut down Steven, Armo, Savage and Joey and kill our engine room. This is a good wake up call for others to carry some load.

Playon
Club Player

Yes our midfield let us down but the so did our forwards, had we of kicked some of those goals pressure would of gone the other way, regardless it not Tony's fault.
When our prime movers arent there we always look to be second at the contest, however had we of slotted some of those goals it may of been a different story

Now i dont know the actual stats but what would the result of been had we of converted half of our shots? Would our midfield then lift?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Yes our midfield let us down but the so did our forwards, had we of kicked some of those goals pressure would of gone the other way, regardless it not Tony's fault.
When our prime movers arent there we always look to be second at the contest, however had we of slotted some of those goals it may of been a different story

Now i dont know the actual stats but what would the result of been had we of converted half of our shots? Would our midfield then lift?
Not sure people are blaming Tony but if the club drummed the magnitude of the game into the players and that's what we dished up then we are miles away from being a contender.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Nobody's blaming Tony. If this was seriously drummed into them as our most important game of the season then our leaders let us down. They are the ones that needed to set the example, to get the others to follow. That didn't happen. 3 shockers interstate. Statement needs to be made.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Life Long Saint wrote:
Playon wrote:Yes our midfield let us down but the so did our forwards, had we of kicked some of those goals pressure would of gone the other way, regardless it not Tony's fault.

Not sure people are blaming Tony but if the club drummed the magnitude of the game into the players and that's what we dished up then we are miles away from being a contender.
Hey I don't come on here and tell porkies. The club did stress the importance of this game, the most important of the season.
There are excuses but that will be kept in house.
But the bottom line is we were out coached, out worked and outplayed.
Get over it, we,re not ready yet. As a team and as a club.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I want to know what the go is with McCartin. Concussion in 3 games. The Collingwood game didn't look that bad, same as this game. Is there something else going on?

If it is concussion then he should be wearing a helmet next game.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

Hey I don't come on here and tell porkies. The club did stress the importance of this game, the most important of the season.
sounds a bit like survivor iwouldnt mind an immunity idol right now

nothing to do with tony i like his posts and clearly the coaching staff realise there is a problem to focus so early in the week i blame the players

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

With all due respect Tony, if there are excuses, then let us know. Otherwise don't even bring it up. To say we had them but we cant let you know what they were, is a cop out IMO. Really poor performance by all involved today.

8856brother wrote:With all due respect Tony, if there are excuses, then let us know. Otherwise don't even bring it up. To say we had them but we cant let you know what they were, is a cop out IMO. Really poor performance by all involved today.
excuse no 1 we had to leave melbourne

coaches message arrived in inbox i cant be bothered listening just like the players

loris
Saintsational Legend

Just a query tony74........... was there flu going through the group?

I watched the interview Richo did at Melbourne Airport before boarding the plane to the Gold Coast and he definitely had some URTI issue. His eyes were very red and watery and every so often his voice was a bit raspy. After watching that video last night I went back & watched some of the messages he sends to members post-games and his eyes were never red & watery, nor his voice occasionally crackly. So I thought - Hello Richo, you have got some infection - I hope it hasn't been passed on to any of the lads this week.

Was Richo a little 'under the weather' tony74??????? Am I way off the mark?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Must have hypnotized them before the game Tony, because no one of them played like it was important?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

loris wrote:Just a query tony74........... was there flu going through the group?

I watched the interview Richo did at Melbourne Airport before boarding the plane to the Gold Coast and he definitely had some URTI issue. His eyes were very red and watery and every so often his voice was a bit raspy. After watching that video last night I went back & watched some of the messages he sends to members post-games and his eyes were never red & watery, nor his voice occasionally crackly. So I thought - Hello Richo, you have got some infection - I hope it hasn't been passed on to any of the lads this week.

For those who don't want to use google, URTI means Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.
I have done a lot of flying, and plane cabins are really good at closing lung airways.
I get bronchitis sometimes and I know people who don't normally get it, but always get it on airplanes.
If your O2 intake is hampered, you lose a lot of ability for repeat efforts.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
loris
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
loris wrote:Just a query tony74........... was there flu going through the group?

For those who don't want to use google, URTI means Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.
I have done a lot of flying, and plane cabins are really good at closing lung airways.
I get bronchitis sometimes and I know people who don't normally get it, but always get it on airplanes.
If your O2 intake is hampered, you lose a lot of ability for repeat efforts.
Yes WS, but this interview was at Tullamarine BEFORE they boarded the plane to fly to the Gold Coast. You can see the interview on the saints.com.au site

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

More clutching at straws

We were s***

That simple... Just a soft effort and why we are not taken seriously. We don't deliver!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Last year's big loss to the Hawks, most of the team had flu-like symptoms.
Jack Steven had only trained once that week.
But the club kept THAT news in-house for obvious reasons.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:

Last year's big loss to the Hawks, most of the team had flu-like symptoms.
Jack Steven had only trained once that week.
But the club kept THAT news in-house for obvious reasons.
A few of the team were a bit sick earlier in the year but only one pulled out of the side.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

When we win = coaching genius
When we lose = secret inside business

Maybe when we win the the other side had a secret excuse?

As Jean Paul Sartre says : " the game of football is complicated by the existence of the other team".
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 03 Jul 2016 12:58am, edited 2 times in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

This is why you are a joke.

As Jean Paul Satre says : " the game of football is complicated by the existence of the other team".

You tony are not a smart man.

Unfair con and far from justified.

Terrible comment actually.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

fair go con. tony i love your posts
talk about shoot the messenger geez

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

This is why you are a joke.

As Jean Paul Satre says : " the game of football is complicated by the existence of the other team".

You tony are not a smart man.

Unfair con and far from justified.

Terrible comment actually.
Yeah, ridiculous for any of us to take our frustrations out on Tony. Wouldn't matter what he said, most of us wouldn't be satisfied with it. Tony did acknowledge that we were outplayed and out coached - what the hell do ppl want from him?

I was so frustrated that I couldn't watch the last quarter, but I've calmed down a lot now. Reality is, was easy to get ahead of ourselves after such a stirring win last week and no doubt some of the players did as well.

If any of us want to read or hear any sort of snippet of the inner sanctum we need to find something or someone else to bounce our frustrations off.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Was at the game. Most of the team just lacked the required effort and ability to use the ball was terrible. Played like they had all been out on the piss last night.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....