All about Geelong

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: All about Geelong

You've got the top team, smashing all it's rivals, but losing to three bottom eight teams - there's a story there.
you've got a runaway brownlow favourite facing review (a non-story but social media ran with it, mainstream follows) - so there's a story there.
we have beaten one top eight team - our story comes when we do it again, and again - it'll come.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Oh

There's a story on the Dangerfield incident

The story was, that it's not a story
That's good media

To the top
SS Life Member

This was the sweetest win of all - and now for all the rest that await!!

The umpiring was what it was including the overhead mark by Bruce, the free kick against McCartin when he marked, the Geelong player being spun by 800 degrees and no holding the ball and some high tackles not being paid along with some hits to the back taking players out of the contest - and you compare them to what ran the other way.

No doubt several of the many very experienced and well known Geelong players are very adept at playing for free kicks and getting into the Umpire's ears - such as Hawkins in animated conversation all the way back to the centre square and the Umpire continued making his way to the far distant corner of the square.

At the match night function at Geelong when we most recently played them there, Scarlett was the Guest Speaker and did he ever spew forth the hate bile on St Kilda - absolutely savage and he went on and on.

To the extent that I refused to donate to the charity cause Scarlett was promoting on the night (and the cause, an injured, paraplegic footballer was most admirable and deserving of all support)

To add, present in the room was Neil Roberts.

No apologies were made.

Then we got belted by over 100 points.

So it was not a good night.

But, as they say, every dog has its day.

I can imagine Scarlett kicking his cat for the next 12 months - and, apart from the poor cat, the image amuses me.

I also note there is no mention of Acres, who played well and then gave us the last quarter he did - exceptional.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

F*** 'Em all. We won. That's all that counts.

Let's hope Fourthorn can sort of GC in the second term and we can get set for 3 in a row.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:It wouldn't be sunday arvo if there wasn't a scott brother sooking !
Thank god they arent triplets
There is a third, unknown Scott triplet. The family keeps him locked in an attic and feeds him on buckets of fish heads. He is restrained because he is psychotic, violent and unstable. Apparently he is the most charming of the triplets.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
mullet wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:It wouldn't be sunday arvo if there wasn't a scott brother sooking !
There is a third, unknown Scott triplet. The family keeps him locked in an attic and feeds him on buckets of fish heads. He is restrained because he is psychotic, violent and unstable. Apparently he is the most charming of the triplets.
LOL now I have Theron Greyjoy from Game of thrones with Chris Scotts face going through my head

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote:
BigMart wrote:Didn't we do OK?
Did brilliant but got to string a few together. Media will get on board.
That makes it 4 out of 5, DV. That's great form in anyone's language. I'm with BM on this. We very rarely get genuine praise in the media. Last night they were patronising at best. For a while, when listening to the after match wrap ups, I could've sworn it was Geelong that won. They seem to know very little about our emerging blokes. They should. It's their job.

Playon
Club Player

saynta wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:
It's a great weekend with both Scott brothers beaten.
It has been a good year as we have beaten Collingwood,Geelong and Carlton. (My three most disliked teams.)
ya gotta add Freo in there.
And its always good when our rabble beat Essendon

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
mullet wrote:

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Tom_Sainter
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
mullet wrote:
Cannot stand the Scott sisters. Chris acts like a calm, reasonable person when they are winning however watch him when they lose. Showed his true personality in the presser last night, what a sook. The sooner both of the Scott's are out of the AFL the better... What Brad did last week was breathtakingly pathetic and selfish. Glad the prick copped a massive fine

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
mullet wrote:
LOL now I have Theron Greyjoy from Game of thrones with Chris Scotts face going through my head
Now if anyone had an excuse for being testy (not teste) it would be Theon Greyjoy. Maybe Chris Scott is grumpy because, like Greyjoy, he's been neutered?

felix
Club Player

Won't get any media love until we win another flag ..it's all about the flag. History has shown we have been pretenders that's how they see us. Theons sister and the mother of dragons are about to get it on ..should be interesting.
Last edited by felix on Sun 26 Jun 2016 6:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Let them underrate us. Respect is something you have to earn over a long period. Us going on a road trip and not being smashed by 10-20 goals would be a good start in earning it.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Geelong were trying very hard in the 2nd half. But we stood up to it.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Moods wrote:I've got a question - why did Paddy come off the ground? I think he got belted in the face. During a marking contest. No free........ :x

We got a couple that weren't there and ogot away with some, but bloody hell, so did they. Umpires a non issue. The better team won.
That hit and Paddy was blatantly intentional. I hate Harry Taylor.

ctqs
Club Player

This is where the football media is out of touch because I was watching the game with a lot of non-Saints supporters (I had something on I couldn't get out of) and all of them - including the ones I didn't know - were on our side during the game and really impressed and congratulatory afterwards. Then there were the messages I received from non-Saints mates afterwards along the same lines.
Both Scott brothers are the biggest sooks in the AFL. If only they had the maturity and character to be able to suck it up.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-06-26/ ... st-moments
Saints get 2 mentions in the 10 best from 6 games- ( pies get 3) but Saints top moment- Gresh goal

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-26/s ... m-round-14
but we learnt that cats are fallible. as the memory of the game

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saint 58
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:Let them underrate us. Respect is something you have to earn over a long period. Us going on a road trip and not being smashed by 10-20 goals would be a good start in earning it.
Yes we have to earn respect but ...

Fxxx Geelong
Fxxx Scott
Fxxx his brother
Fxxx Scarlett who deserves to be beaten senseless
Fxxx the arrogant dickheads sitting in front of me that I sent packing
And finally
Fxxx my condescending brother in law that can give it but can't take it

Go Sainters !

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

they haven't shown the free against Paddy in that marking contest..it was clearly a mark and no infringement

ace
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:This was the sweetest win of all - and now for all the rest that await!!

The umpiring was what it was including the overhead mark by Bruce, the free kick against McCartin when he marked, the Geelong player being spun by 800 degrees and no holding the ball and some high tackles not being paid along with some hits to the back taking players out of the contest - and you compare them to what ran the other way.
Not to forget the non free kick when McCartin got smashed in the face.
The mark that was not paid and even a free for being smashed in the back from which Geelong quickly goaled.
The front on contact when Membrey goes for a mark.
At least 4 set shots on goal disallowed by bad / corrupt umpiring.
Geelong should never have been in the game at three quarter time except for the umpires help.

I have seen three years olds throw more honest temper tantrums when they know they have been pinged for doing something wrong than Dorkins.
But then I doubt that he has reached three years old.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Saint 58 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Let them underrate us. Respect is something you have to earn over a long period. Us going on a road trip and not being smashed by 10-20 goals would be a good start in earning it.

Fxxx Geelong
Fxxx Scott
Fxxx his brother
And finally

Go Sainters !
Love it

and fxxx the smugness that greeted me in train with herds of well dressed casual mid life crisis guys and their well dressed bogan sons, and tizzed up cats ear tiara wearing females, haha Selwood this and hoho Jimmy Bartel that, Malcolm Turnbull this, Adolf Hitler that
fxxx them an their tainted flag against us,
Fxxx them and Geelong smugness
I dont give a rats about how the media portrays the it - not a lot of smugness on the train home

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:
Saint 58 wrote:

Fxxx Geelong
Fxxx Scott
Fxxx his brother
And finally

Go Sainters !
Love it

and fxxx the smugness that greeted me in train with herds of well dressed casual mid life crisis guys and their well dressed bogan sons, and tizzed up cats ear tiara wearing females, haha Selwood this and hoho Jimmy Bartel that, Malcolm Turnbull this, Adolf Hitler that
fxxx them an their tainted flag against us,
Fxxx them and Geelong smugness
I dont give a rats about how the media portrays the it - not a lot of smugness on the train home
Gold from HardSaint and Saint 58

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Trixilver wrote:Damian Barrett on Sunday Footy Show went on about the "non free" to Hawkins then briefly mentions that on closer inspection he tripped over his own feet. Then why go on about a non free, you fool? Also failed to even mention or show any footage of Gresham's clutch goal.
Yep I watched the replay and Hawkins clipped his own feet and brought himself and Roberton down

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Also the Bruce attempt at a hanger. Five bites but never controlled it. Fair enough, no mark but number 8 was all over him for the last three attempts.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
stkfc1
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:Also the Bruce attempt at a hanger. Five bites but never controlled it. Fair enough, no mark but number 8 was all over him for the last three attempts.
Seriously Bruce can't buy a free kick. He's the new Roo. He can be pushed in the back, arms chopped, blocked off the ball, sat on, hair pulled, tripped over and called for holding the ball when he doesn't have it. Im surprised the umps dont allow the opposition to put a ball and chain on him at the start of a game. Its Bulltish.