Roo and Joey uninjured in IR rubbish

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Roo and Joey uninjured in IR rubbish

God i hate hockey.
Just something about it

the dome
Club Player

I enjoy the International Rules. Vive La difference !

I've always appreciated the exotic nature of the 'International Rules' series that draws 2 Football codes together from opposite ends of the planet. For me it is simply a bonus to enjoy when the afl season finishes. The alternative is enormously worse (ie) rugby, & cricket messing up the viewing screens. I'm with the players who love the opportunity to represent their respective tribes and actually appreciate the efforts of the players in trying to come to grips with a hybrid sport that only happens once or twice over a one or two week period. Including gridiron I believe there are only 6 Football Codes at play in the world. Two are ruggified to which you could add gridiron as an American style of 'battering' play, then there's soccer (at the other end of the spectrum) which denies participants the use of hands/ arms so that leaves Aussie Rules & Gaelic Football. I enjoy the fact that these last two are somewhat hybridised for these one-off encounters (without seasons or finals series etc. )It's almost like Halloween would be the perfect time to play the I.R. games just for the weirdness & sense of the exotic.

I have witnessed plenty of close encounters over the years and enjoy it.
I'm all for keeping it going. It's about more than simply the result I believe. :D