Which club to you hate the most?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Which AFL club do you hate the most?

Bulldogs
3%
North Mebourne
1%
Melbourne
No votes
Geelong
4%
Hawks
3%
Adelaide
3%
Carlton
10%
Brisbane
1%
Freo
6%
Port Adelaide
No votes
West Coast
2%
GWS
No votes
Sydney
3%
Gold Coast
1%
Essendon
46%
Richmond
4%
Collingwood
14%

Total votes: 112

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Which club to you hate the most?

Easily Carlton for me. Then West Coast. Carlton have been a***holes for decades. West Coast because of the mind blowing arrogance and parochialism of their fans. If you lived in Perth before the Dockers existed you'll know what I mean.

mambo2706
Club Player

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I went for Richmond because just about every tigers supporter I know is a d*ckhead.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
St Chris wrote:The Bombers have absolutely blizted this over the last few years. Carlton and the 'Pies have been positively pleasant compared to what that disgusting excuse of a club has dished up recently, and the worst part of it is that their comeuppance hasn't really been served....yet.

If anyone votes for any team except Essendon, then they havent been paying attention!!! :D
Agreed...
Their club is a disgrace and their fans are arrogant versions of Collingwood supporters.
The club and supporters believe that rules do not apply to them.

Those of us Sainters over 40 probably hate South Melbourne quite a bit. THey have made a habit of stealing our best players over the years, since Cazaly, and have an excellent record against us. Our hidings at the old Lakeside Oval were every bit as bad as the bad old days at Princes Park, Windy Hill and Victoria Park. Trust me, I experienced quite a lot of them.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
noddy04
Club Player

Crows for me :evil:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It has always been Collingwood closely followed by Carlton and Essendon for me. But recently I have decided that Essendon, Hawthorn, Adelaide,and Geelong have taken premierships from us. Collingwood is the only team who have'nt. (They have now as well). So I dont look so far down on Collingwood as I did.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:It has always been Collingwood closely followed by Carlton and Essendon for me. But recently I have decided that Essendon, Hawthorn, Adelaide,and Geelong have taken premierships from us. Collingwood is the only team who have'nt. (They have now as well). So I dont look so far down on Collingwood as I did.
2010,I thought they took a premiership off us.

sMarty_saints
Club Player

There are a number of teams, although I did vote for Essendon and the whole drug saga, but then I remember back to various games and Hawthorn had some pretty obnoxious supporters, so did Geelong back when they were winning everything. Sometimes it depends on the fans on the day. I have never barracked for a team harder against them when Freo are playing in a final, otherwise I don't mind the interstate teams, although Adelaide in late 90's (ala 1997). Nowadays, Hawthorn is up there and it is not because they are winning, it is more because of obnoxious supporters, I have even gone to a game when the Saints are not playing and they are still the same (as I thought I was biased, but no!!).

jays
Club Player

pies for sure

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood. Never forget 2010. But they have strong competition from the druggies at Essendon and any club with which Ross Lyon is currently associated

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

With you on the last one!
Last few finals series have been tolerable only by having Lyon to barrack against.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

It is Carlton closely followed by Essendon for me. Then there is a bit of bunch in the field including Freo, Geelong, Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney. Collingwood are a long way down the list as I have never had a problem with them.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It's gotta be out of the three Cs (Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon). But then there's Geelong, who I also hate with a passion.

To narrow it down, it's between Essendon and Geelong.

Okay, the winner has to be Essendon!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:It's gotta be out of the three Cs (Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon). But then there's Geelong, who I also hate with a passion.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I hate Carlton, it's a life long thing.

I also can't stand Essendope , i can't believe we, the Saints, allow them to trade their problems to us for a kings ransom.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Definitely Essendon first, but Carlton, Geelong, and West Coast aren't far behind.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
St Lenny
Club Player

I have always hated Essendon from the "Mongrels" game in the 80's. Then Adelaide beat us in the 97 GF and I hated them (still do). Then I shifted to Qld and had to put up with being flogged by the Lions and all the BS of them winning 3 in a row, so I REALLY REALLY HATE them the most. And then of course Ro$$ Lyin and the Freo farce, so hate them as well. And to be honest I don't like any of the interstate sides, all pets of the AFL.

As a good friend of mine says - Its easy just to loathe them all. I think she's on the money lol.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:It's gotta be out of the three Cs (Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon). But then there's Geelong, who I also hate with a passion.

The 'three Cs Carlton Collingwood and Essendon'. I love it! Post of the month :D

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Was Adelaide for a long time - from when they came in until until the early 2000's. I wanted to beat them so badly in 1997 and it hurt twice as bad losing to them.

That mantle was then passed to Geelong, who took it over in 2002 - probably the day we got obliterated down there and their awful fans absolutely stuck to us. Classless. The rivalry just went into overdrive between 2003-2011. As their rivalry with Hawthorn took precedence, we faded into the background. It's sad that rivalry died.

But like many of you, Essendon sit atop my list. I hate them. They have damaged my love of footy, perhaps irreversably. The game isn't the same anymore for me. I love the Saints, but my appreciation for the "game" as a whole has been diminished greatly. Throw in the dreadful and immoral actions during the Carlisle debacle and it's fairly well confirmed now.

Beating the Dogs on that miracle comeback was eminantly satisfiable but downing the Dons on that Saturday night in 2014 was so utterly enjoyable. The best win we'd had in years, that one, and against them, coaching by that awful human.

Carlton always linger as a rival, but the two clubs have such a low disregard for the other, it never has really played out in a big way (in a final, for example).

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

lefty
Club Player

100% easily Geelong.

I hate Scarlett + Mooney + Johnson with a passion.

Richmond supporters are the worst of the lot in terms of supporter behavior/crowd. They simple boo every free kick paid against them, even when it is clearly there. They are a massive joke.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:I went for Richmond because just about every tigers supporter I know is a d*ckhead.
They would be insufferable if they were a successful club today. Richmond used to be an arrogant club much like the three Cs.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!