Mitch Brown

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mitch Brown

I would take him personally... We do have a fair number of key position players but depth?

Sam Fisher - past his best and will retire at the end of next season

Sam Gilbert - significant concerns about his durability and if he manages to stay on the park, is he actually any good anymore? Say whatever you will about his injuries, but he hasn't had s good season since 2010.

Luke Delaney - seems relegated to depth player at the moment, many don't reckon he'll play past next season

Tom Lee - I rate him higher than most but he is absolutely playing for his career this season

Jake Carlisle - will pbly be ok but has WADA, and reportedly a bad attitude with illicit drug concerns hanging over his head

Paddy McCartin remains likely but unproven

Though they're not going anywhere, i think it's fair to say that both Longer and Hickey at least have their share of doubters out there.

Pbly the only lock ins we have in our spine at the moment are Roo and Bruce

I guess what it comes down to is how much we rate this guy. Yes we absolutely need mids, BUT we need good ones and this is rated as a shallow draft and we only really have one good pick.

Personally, I would pull the trigger on Ray and snap Mitch up. He's bigger now and ready to play with a good attitude.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Don't think he will last to the Rookie Draft, might get taken in the ND.

If there's no decent mid the Saints rate, at whatever pick - ND or Rookie - I wouldn't mind them taking Brown. On the short list of delisted Likes, along with Adcock.

Stand your ground :shock:
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good player

Far better than Beau Maister, Luke Delaney, Adam Pattison, Will Johnson, Steven Gaertner, Arryn Siposs, Tom Simpkin

And we drafted all of them

Brown was easily above VFL standard as seen by the fact he dominated most games either fwd, back or midfield. He was pretty much like CJ, Farren and Schnieds when they played VFL... Above the standard.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Would definitely draft if we had a late draft selections - he wont make it through to the rookie draft! Would make a very good back up or could displace Membrey as our third tall....

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

You'd think he is a certainty to be in the AFL next year but I doubt we will go for him given we have Fisher, Delaney and Tom Lee as depth down back. Dempster, Roberton, Goddard and Carlisle will be first choice youd think.

ripplug66
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:You'd think he is a certainty to be in the AFL next year but I doubt we will go for him given we have Fisher, Delaney and Tom Lee as depth down back. Dempster, Roberton, Goddard and Carlisle will be first choice youd think.

Fisher will still be first choice. He isn't playing to help at sandy or if we have injury. He thinks he is in the best 22 and baring injury I think he is ahead of most you have named ahead of him. I know we need to get games into some but there is no rush. I think he will play ahead of Goddard for most of the year. Goddard will get his chances but like McCartin there is no rush.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

ripplug66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:You'd think he is a certainty to be in the AFL next year but I doubt we will go for him given we have Fisher, Delaney and Tom Lee as depth down back. Dempster, Roberton, Goddard and Carlisle will be first choice youd think.

Fisher will still be first choice. He isn't playing to help at sandy or if we have injury. He thinks he is in the best 22 and baring injury I think he is ahead of most you have named ahead of him. I know we need to get games into some but there is no rush. I think he will play ahead of Goddard for most of the year. Goddard will get his chances but like McCartin there is no rush.
Geez, I don't know R66. Goddard came ahead in leaps and bounds last year and was near to our best defender by the end of the year.

Would think he would be in the starting 22.

You are garbage - Enough said
degruch
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:Don't think he will last to the Rookie Draft, might get taken in the ND.

If there's no decent mid the Saints rate, at whatever pick - ND or Rookie - I wouldn't mind them taking Brown. On the short list of delisted Likes, along with Adcock.
The PSD/rookie list is beginning to flesh out though...if Carlton or Essendon don't take Zac O'Brien or Matthew Wright with their first picks I'd be very surprised. Personally, I'd prefer either of them over Brown, but I'm only going off past AFL form not being up to speed with MB's Zebs form.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Reminds me a bit of former Saint, David Grant (in playing style) . Could be worth considering in case Paddy and Membrey don't give us much next season...anyone who can take a strong contested mark in the forward line is a bonus.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Good player

Far better than Beau Maister, Luke Delaney, Adam Pattison, Will Johnson, Steven Gaertner, Arryn Siposs, Tom Simpkin

And we drafted all of them

Brown was easily above VFL standard as seen by the fact he dominated most games either fwd, back or midfield. He was pretty much like CJ, Farren and Schnieds when they played VFL... Above the standard.
I concur. Minchington and Brown nearly won the prelim for Sandringham just by themselves. Brown looked a cut above nearly all on the field, especially in the air. He can really clunk them.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

Geez, I don't know R66. Goddard came ahead in leaps and bounds last year and was near to our best defender by the end of the year.

Would think he would be in the starting 22.
He was good but he's a huge unit and he will tire. You really can't expect him to play more than about 15 games with out risking injury or fatigue. I think he will still play plenty of VFL. Carlisle is a lock. It will be interesting to see if Fisher can have 2 injury free seasons. Generally we were lucky this year with injury to key personnel.